The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam Lambert Contraversy

5 posters

Go down

Adam Lambert Contraversy Empty Adam Lambert Contraversy

Post  jojo 2009-11-25, 09:01

Adam Lambert was on CBS The Early Show this morning, answering questions about the AMA's and singing two really entertaining songs. You may not agree with his lifestyle, but I tell you, this guy is talented. He is very likable and just wants to entertain.

When asked if he would have done the kiss if he had to do it over, he admitted he would have sticked to the plan, which did not include the kiss. He said he was just celebrating his freedom of expression and got caught up in the moment. He did make a good point though, that Lady GaGa and Janet Jackson, did very provacative things in their preformances, none of which was talked about. Is there a double standard in the industry? Probably.

My feeling is TV in general is getting VERY provacative after 10pm....parents have to tape and watch and decide if they want their young kids to watxh something. I don't think you can trust any network to have your kids best interest in mind. It is the job of the parent. Period. Sex is even in the 8pm sitcoms. And almost every show on tv has a gay character.

I would love to hear others thoughts and feelings about this....it is a hot topic.........
jojo
jojo

Adam Lambert Contraversy Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Adam Lambert Contraversy Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Adam Lambert Contraversy Empty Re: Adam Lambert Contraversy

Post  Berry 2009-11-25, 10:38

I don't have any problem with homosexuality. So I hardly think "the kiss" was the controversial part of his performance. I think the simulated oral sex was the part that pushed boundaries. The argument that your kids should be in bed after ten goes out the window when you consider the whole thing is on You Tube for all to see at any hour of the day or night.
Now I agree that Adam Lambert is extremely talented. But I think that he has drawn a line in the sand about who he wants to be and who he wants as an audience. I have no problem with him wanting to have a "shock rock" career (though I think he has a potential to have a much wider success) but I won't be buying the album.

I DO admire his courage in wanting to be who he is. Just wish he didn't feel he has to be so confrontational about it. John Barrowman is an example of someone I think "does it right". However, John had to go from the USA to Britain to make his success happen and John is 40 not 22. I think Adam will have a loyal following and a long career. But he could have been a bridge to understanding...and I don't think that's going to happen. O Well IMHO
Berry
Berry

Adam Lambert Contraversy Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Adam Lambert Contraversy Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2009-11-25, 16:26

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I like to hear what people have to say about him.......I was being cautious not to mention the other thing he did...and yes, it was the bigger issue, not as much the kiss, but most network news was only showing the kiss, and the other was always fuzzed out....but yes it was clearly the worst thing he could have done on network tv......and it will have reprocussions.......

As for buying any CDs, I won't either. I enjoy his stage performances more than I would hearing a song on the radio.......his stage presence is half the entertainment.
jojo
jojo

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-11-25, 16:51

I have an internet friend...older than me She is such a huge Adam Lambert fan. She told all her friends to watch his tv debut appearance. She is now mortified. roflmao

I would have been more cautious about giving the full scoop on what he did that offended some people but this seems such a "closed" board in the sense of all adults here, that I didn't think to self-censor. He may have "lived and learned". Although not wanting to "apologize" for his performance, he did say in a new interview that , in future,he would be sticking more closely to what he rehearses than winging it on the spur of the moment.
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2009-11-25, 18:15

I had never heard of Adam Lambert before this controversy erupted so can't comment on him specifically, but hearing what he did on network
TV, I would say that the kiss was merely provocative and not all that rare in network fictional shows, but the rest was entirely inappropriate for network TV, and what's the point anyway ? Sure, on HBO or Showtime fictional shows you will eventually see such things but at least they are part of the plot/script.... Adam Lambert Contraversy Icon_rolleyes

I don't envy parents with young kids watching TV these days. Do they have to censor their own viewing so that the kids don't see something that they don't want them to ? Tonight is a good example, both The Modern Family, with it's gay couple, and Cougar Town with it's....well, you know what, and Busy Phillip's obsession with her boobs... Adam Lambert Contraversy 156488, both come on before the kids are in bed....so what do parents do ? Adam Lambert Contraversy 66732
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Melandra 2009-11-25, 21:43

I don't know about the Adam Lambert thing, but not too long ago after spending time with my 4 year old nephew I realized if we do ever have kids we won't be able to watch any of the shows we watch now. Vampires, crime, bones....not very kid friendly. But we enjoy them a lot.
Melandra
Melandra

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2009-11-25, 22:42

I didn't see Adam's performance but have heard a ton of things about it from radio and tv. All very negative. I think Adam is very talented. He's very young and very inexperienced in the industry. So, I'd be hoping the right person would lead him out of this controversery and back to being the outstanding musician he can be.

That being said. There is no telling where his career will go from here. We live in an upside down world. And just because there was no comment over the Lady Gag-a-magot and Janet Jackson doesn't mean it was ok to do what they did.

People are turning off...tuning out...and for good reason....

Banjo and Mel- I so agree with what you are saying about kids...The five princessess are not allowed to watch tv during the week. After dinner they engage in games or playing outside if its still light or they can watch a movie..agreed on by their parents. Anything that comes on the grownups want to see is taped or tivo'd for after the kids go to bed or on the weekend.

It's a juggling act and I realize that I was so lucky to be watching "Death Valley Days" and "Bonanza." when I was little....Adam Lambert Contraversy Icon_wink

Incidently this is a great topic...and great discussion. Adam Lambert Contraversy 580898 Adam Lambert Contraversy 580898 Adam Lambert Contraversy 580898 Adam Lambert Contraversy 580898 From the admin.
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2009-11-26, 13:43

Melandra wrote:I don't know about the Adam Lambert thing, but not too long ago after spending time with my 4 year old nephew I realized if we do ever have kids we won't be able to watch any of the shows we watch now. Vampires, crime, bones....not very kid friendly. But we enjoy them a lot.

..........which reminds me to point out that all those categories of shows, with the addition of comedy shows, represent practically all categories of fictional shows now on TV and they all compete for ratings with the most successful getting high ratings, which finally brings me to my point.....you knew I'd eventually get there Adam Lambert Contraversy Icon_rolleyes ...and that is that millions of people watch them. Are all those people childless ? Unlikely. Do they all have Tivo, or record them ? Doubtful. Just thought I'd point that out. Make of it what you will...... Adam Lambert Contraversy 66732
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum