The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survivor...new season

3 posters

Go down

Survivor...new season Empty Survivor...new season

Post  Banjo 2010-07-28, 12:58

‘Survivor: Nicaragua’ Twist Revealed

by Gordon Holmes
Jul 28th, 2010 | 8:59 AM | Comments 6

if (FC.util.browser.isIE) {
document.write('
');
} else {
document.write('');
}

The 21st season of the hit reality competition “Survivor” will be a battle for the ages (or more accurately a battle between the ages) as a tribe of younger players will be squaring off against a tribe of older players.
The tribe wearing yellow buffs will be known as La Flor and will
consist of ten players who are under thirty years of age. While the blue
tribe, which will be known as Espada, will be made up of ten players
who are forty years and older.
“Survivor: Nicaragua” will premiere on CBS on Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 8 p.m. ET. Survivor...new season 906692 Survivor...new season 906692 Survivor...new season 631529 Survivor...new season 631529

I'm assuming the Sandinista Commies have been cleaned out by now.....or there could be exciting times out in the jungle.... Survivor...new season Icon_lol
Banjo
Banjo

Survivor...new season Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Survivor...new season Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Survivor...new season Empty Re: Survivor...new season

Post  Banjo 2010-07-28, 13:16

Woah Nellie !!! Survivor...new season 66732 Just as I posted the previous, my firewall/anti virus program, Kaspersky Internet Security, came on and shut everything down. I didn't have time to see the warning in detail, something about Microsoft and Adobe Flash Player and Trojans, but everything shut down and I couldn't even reboot Firefox, my modem was locked up, I couldn't even power down normally but after I cut the AC at the surge protector, and powered up again everything came back normally. I looked at the Kaspersky threat file and all it said was that someone had tried to install a keylogger. That's weird, can't imagine who that would be. But the moral of this story is that Kaspersky really works, it's constantly displaying blocked threats and has saved my bacon more than once by showing that sites attempt to download Trojans. It's expensive, $75 a year but I got it partially on Trav's recommendation and am glad I did. There is a free version, with fewer functions of course....
Banjo
Banjo

Survivor...new season Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Survivor...new season Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2010-07-29, 07:45

I still love this show!!!!
jojo
jojo

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-07-31, 13:23

Secrets From the New Season of 'Survivor: Nicaragua'
July 30, 2010, 3:02 AM EST
Entertainment Tonight.When
"Survivor: Nicaragua" premieres this fall on its new night, it will be a
battle of the ages … literally. ET talks to host Jeff Probst to get the
inside story on how the 20 new castaways will be divided into two
tribes: Young vs. Old. The Espada Tribe will be made up of individuals
over the age of 40, while the La Flor Tribe members will be 30 years and
youngerET: What can you tell me about the new season?Jeff
Probst: Early in casting, we decided we had a lot of good older people.
And older people on "Survivor" means over 40, so bear that in mind. So
Mark [Burnett] decided he wanted to do old vs. young, which is risky for
us to do because one tribe could dominate the other and it would be
over soon. Surprisingly, it was a very interesting experience early on.
We have a great, fun cast.ET: Normally, when older people are cast they are voted off right away.Jeff
Probst: Yeah. Typically, if you are older, you are in trouble because
they tend to keep the younger people around. Now, the older tribe is on
its own. All they have to do is win to stay on the show. It is wisdom
vs. brawn. That is the question. Being strong is one thing, but do you
have anything upstairs? That is where you usually see the older people
excel. They know how to think; they know how to remain calm. They have
lived a little.ET: Did you keep the same challenges?Jeff
Probst: No. We adapted the challenges. You don't want to do big, strong
physical, knock-down, drag-out challenges when it is old vs. young. We
built challenges that would be as fair for a 68-year-old guy as they
would for an 18-year-old woman.ET: So are we going to have some good villains this season?Jeff
Probst: The villains remain to be seen. I cannot ever predict who
people are going to love or love to hate. There are people on this show
that annoy me that become heroes. There are people that I love, like
Coach, who end up becoming villains. I can't predict anymore. But there
are some memorable characters.ET: The past two seasons the Tribal Councils have been really good. How do you keep it fresh?Jeff
Probst: I think keeping the show fresh is done the minute you put new
people on it. You get a new group of people and it is a whole new show.
If I was interviewing the same group year after year, it might grow old,
but they have new answers and I have new tricks for getting answers, so
it makes it fun.ET: So it still surprises you?Jeff Probst: That is what I like. I like when somebody comes to Tribal ready to play."Survivor: Nicaragua" premieres Wednesday, Sept. 15 at 8 p.m. on CBS.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-08-10, 11:57

Here's some pics....looks like the over 40's may have the advantage because the under 30's look to have 3-4 wusses... Survivor...new season Icon_tongue Survivor...new season Icon_lol

http://www.fancast.com/slideshow/Survivor.Nicaragua/06432?autoplay=0
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-08-18, 12:35

Spoilers for the new season.

http://survivorfandom.com/survivor-nicaragua-screen-caps-from-the-commercial-and-spoilers-31678/

When I heard that Jimmie Johnson would be one of the contestants, I said...what the... ? Survivor...new season 66732 How could he do that ? He's been driving the full NASCAR schedule, how could he possibly have time to take off for Survivor ? Then I found out that it was some other Jimmie Johnson, don't know who that is, I guess he's on the over 40 team...
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-09-01, 11:21

'Survivor' Host Breaks Up Zack Morris’ Marriage?

By Audrey Morrison
Tue, 31 Aug 2010 15:40:24 GMT

Survivor...new season SavedOnce
upon a time, sitcoms like “Saved by the Bell” were all the rage and
Zack Morris was the coolest guy in Bayside. Since then reality TV has
exploded and “Survivor” host Jeff Probst has become a household name.

Besides dominating the airwaves, these two men reportedly have something else in common … or I should say someone else.

According to PerezHilton.com, Probst is the main reason the 13-year marriage of Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Lisa Ann Russell came to an end earlier this summer.

A source close to the situation suspects that "Lisa and Jeff were having an affair for a while!"

Gosselaar
filed for divorce from the mother of his two children in mid-June and
only a short two months later Probst and Russell have already made a
public appearance.

"Jeff took Lisa Ann with him as his date to
the Creative Arts Emmys and the Primetime Emmy Awards telecast this past
weekend," an insider told Perez.

You’d think Probst, an ordained
minister by the Universal Life Church since 1999 would know better, but
there seems to be a clear winner in this reality competition.

“Mark-Paul, the tribe has spoken. It’s time for you to go.” More spoilers here :
http://www.survivorfever.net/s21_spoilers.html
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Melandra 2010-09-07, 17:45

Old vs. Young. I don't know about that idea. This may be one of those down seasons. Survivor goes in waves for me where it is really good and then not so much, but the somehow gets really good again. I liked the last few so I'm due for one that isn't so great. humm.
Melandra
Melandra

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2010-09-07, 19:53

I like that it is moving to Wednesday. Until it conflicts with another show I watch.......... but I always have my DVR!!!!
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-09-13, 14:37

10 Survivor TV News Survivor...new season Holmesprobst Gordon Holmes and Jeff Probst (XFINITY TV)
More Top Stories

Mud, Sweat and Tears: Redemption Through a ‘Survivor’ Challenge

by Gordon Holmes
Sep 13th, 2010 | 2:17 AM | Comments 2
Visiting the set of “Survivor” is a truly unique experience. The crack crew goes above and beyond to give the press a no-holds-barred look at the show’s production. From pre-show access to the contestants, to visits to the tribe camps, to a seat at the season’s first Tribal Council, we’re allowed to see it all.But such access comes with a price.It’s an unwritten rule that every member of the press will eventually have to go toe-to-toe with the buff, tanned, and bruised force known as The Dream Team.The Dream Team is a collection of twenty young men and women who help Challenge Producer John Kirhoffer fine-tune the reward and immunity challenges. They spend their summers running each challenge until Kirhoffer is satisfied with it.I’ve squared off against The Dream Team before. In the summer of 2008 on a scorching plain located in the heart of Gabon, Africa we battled in the grueling “Temptation Valley” challenge. I was tethered to five of my fellow press brethren as we hurtled obstacles, trudged through swamps, and dug in the steaming sand.I left that challenge with three things…I left with an appreciation for how tough “Survivor” challenges can be. When the exhausting ordeal was over I was handed a cup of sports drink. The members of “Survivor: Gabon’s” Kota and Fang tribes got nothing. I can’t imagine what it must be like to have to compete like that on an empty stomach and without a good night’s sleep.I left with the unique experience of participating in a challenge that was called by Jeff Probst. Now don’t get me wrong, I like to poke fun at JPro as much as anyone, but there’s no disputing the fact that the man has three consecutive Emmys for a reason. I can only imagine that having Jeff call your challenge action is the reality show equivalent of having Harry Carey or Jack Buck call your home run shot in baseball. If Jeff ever does step away from “Survivor,” I pity whoever tries to fill his logo-adorned baseball cap and puka shell necklace.And I left with an African leech attached to the back of my right knee. It wasn’t that big of a deal, a crew member quickly lopped it off with a machete. It didn’t really hurt and the ladies in attendance were impressed. Win/win!The one thing I didn’t leave with? A victory. We were decimated. The Dream Team lived up to their name, leaving us in the dust…and sand…and leech-infested swamp water.So, while I was excited to visit Nicaragua to see what the “Survivor” crew had in store for their 21st season, the thought of the impending showdown with the Dream Team never left my mind.As we went about our visit, some details started to leak about the challenge we’d be running. It would be an early version of a challenge that would be used later in the season. We also knew it would involve mud and hay. I used my knowledge of Nicaraguan history to guess that we’d be making some kind of adobe structure.True to form, I was wrong.To start off, the tribes will divide into three groups. Four players will be a relay team, two players will be a knot-untying team, and the rest will be the puzzle team.
Survivor...new season MudpitSurvivor...new season Hay
The challenge starts off with a player from each relay team diving into a mud pit, then doing a military crawl under a ropes obstacle. Once the players are out of the mud they’ll have to dig through a hay stack to retrieve a bag of puzzle pieces. After they’ve found their bag, they’ll hand it off to the untying team. Then, the second member of the relay team will dive into the mud. Once all four of the relay team members have retrieved their bags, the untying team wil go to work untying the knots that are keeping the bags closed. When all four of the bags are untied, they’ll pass the pieces off to the puzzle team. The puzzle was basically a Nicaragua-themed crossword. Once the team has completed the crossword puzzle they’ll use select letters to create a two-word phrase. The first team to unscramble their phrase wins immunity.You read that last sentence correctly; the winner of this exhibition would indeed win immunity. The Press Team would win immunity from the teasing and prodding they were sure to receive from Mr. Probst and the rest of the crew. While the Dream Team would win immunity from whatever kind of punishment they’d surely be in for if they lost to the out-of-shape, overweight, past-their-prime Press Team. The “Survivor” crew will tell you that the Press Challenge exists to help the cameramen know where to set up, or give Jeff some practice before the show starts, or to make sure the challenge is balanced. But the truth is, the “Survivor” crew doesn’t want anyone coming in and showing up the Dream Team.Also, the winning team would receive a case of delicious Tona beer.NOTE: XFINITY TV does not encourage drinking.Win or lose, I wanted Probst to give his take on how I performed. Unfortunately the way the schedule worked out, I was going to do my video interview with JPro the day before we ran the challenge. So, we decided to pretend the competition had already taken place. What follows is how Jeff assumed I’d do in the challenge.

Frankly, it was a safe bet that history would repeat itself and it definitely makes for a more amusing video. But, a funny thing happened on the way to the Nicaraguan mud pit…
“I’ve got to say I was very surprised that the Press did so well,” Challenge Producer John Kirhoffer admitted. “I thought the Dream Team was going to smoke them.”The first member of the Press relay team had a terrible time finding her puzzle pieces. As she dug into the huge pile of hay, several members of the Dream Team were able to pass her. It got so bad that the crew was worried that they had forgotten to put the bags of puzzle pieces into place. She eventually found them, but not before the Dream Team had built a significant lead.I watched the second member of our team plow through the mud as I stood in the third slot (not unlike Albert Pujols). She made it through the course quickly, but all four of the Dream Team members had retrieved their puzzle pieces at that point.I charged toward the mud pit and dove in head first. I must’ve hit it just right, because when I raised my head up, I was already halfway through the ropes course. I crawled through and pulled myself out of the slop.Note: Before the challenge, the Press Team discussed digging into the bottom of the hay pile. Our reasoning was that the bags of puzzle pieces would eventually sink to the bottom of the stack. For some unknown reason, I decided to ignore this strategy.With a full of head of steam, (well as full as it can be when you’re trying to keep your shorts up – mud is heavy), I dove into the pile of hay head first. Probst obviously approved of this tactic as he exclaimed, “That is how you do it!”I dug through the hay as quickly as I could. Eventually I saw a glimpse of blue and grabbed for it. It was the bag. Success! I joined my other relay members and handed off my bag. The anchor for our relay team tore through the course as well. We were still behind the Dream Team, but we were definitely back in business.The remainder of the challenge was out of our hands, but we had left it in very capable hands. The untying team made up a ton of time and narrowed the Dream Team’s lead. And the puzzle team managed to complete the crossword portion slightly ahead of the Dream Team.Both sides hovered around their puzzles. But from where I was standing I had no clue which side was closer to completing the scrambled words.It was then that I heard JPro say the words I had traveled 2061.4 miles to hear, “The Press Team wins!”It’s a bit embarrassing to admit how elated we were by a victory that ultimately meant nothing, but we were downright giddy. Hugs and high-fives were exchanged and some good-natured ribbing was directed toward the Dream Team. Even Mr. Probst took a minute to rescind his earlier assertion that I would perform poorly…
“As a perfect “Survivor” challenge would have it, it all came down to the puzzle,” Kirhoffer reasoned. “The puzzle was the catch-up mechanism and the Dream Team got stuck on that.”And as disappointed as the crew was to watch their pride and joy drop a challenge to clearly inferior competition, they had to have been a little pleased that they had achieved their goal of creating challenges that older people could compete in with younger people.The only question that remained was, how much berating would the poor Dream Team face from Mr. Kirhoffer after losing to the out-of-shape, overweight, past-their-prime Press Team? “It’s fairly quick,” Kirhoffer explained. “I say, ‘Now it’s up to you to buy the beer and put it on ice and deliver it to them.’ And that’s what they did.”Don’t Forget: “Survivor: Nicaragua” premieres Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS. And yes, the rumors are true, “Survivor” is NOWonWED.More “Survivor” Fun: Meet the La Flor and Espada Tribes, check out our Pre-Season “Survivor” Rankings, and see what new twists and challenges “Survivor” has in store for us.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-09-16, 15:07

Last night shows you why not keeping a low profile early in the game is not a good idea. The young team has some egomaniacs and know-it-alls that will require dealing with early on, and the "old" team has at least one guy who may be skirting the edge of sanity... Survivor...new season 983254
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-09-23, 14:08

It's good that the young team voted Shannon out. He was an egomaniac, bigoted, and generally unpleasant, never a good combo to foster team morale. Next to go should be NaOnka (where do they get those names? Survivor...new season 66732 ) She simply doesn't like anyone. Again, a morale buster.

The woman on the old team that can't hack it should probably be the next to go over there. I think I read a spoiler about her....hummm... Survivor...new season 66732
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-05-16, 14:39

Jeez, no posts at all about this season, but Boston Rob finally wins after 10 years and 4 shows. Between he and his wife they have won $2 million, and last night it was a surprise to see him win the additional $100k as the viewer's choice. I thought they would have voted for one of the underdogs. Natalie could have used it... :o

Fourth Time Is the Charm for 'Boston' Rob on 'Survivor'
May 16, 2011, 2:00 AM EST
Entertainment Tonight.

The tribe has spoken. After weeks of grueling obstacle courses and challenging tasks, "Boston" Rob Mariano outwitted, outplayed, and outlasted the stiff competition.

"Survivor: Redemption Island" was Rob's fourth shot at the million dollar jackpot. He previously participated in the "Marquesas," "All-Stars," and "Heroes vs. Villains" seasons. Rob celebrated his victory with wife Amber Mariano, a fellow "Survivor" alum, and their two young children.

Also on the finale, another "Survivor" love deal was sealed. David Murphy proclaimed his love for "Survivor: Tocantins" castaway Carolina Eastwood. He dropped to one knee, "blindsiding" his girlfriend with a marriage proposal. After a bleeped initial reaction, Carolina finally responded with a G-rated "Yes!"

Set in the South Pacific, "Survivor" will return to CBS in the fall for the series' 23rd season. The forthcoming installment will feature 16 rookie contestants and two returning competitors. Redemption Island will make an encore appearance in this next volume.

Related stories on ETonline.com:
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2011-05-16, 23:21

I stopped watching Survivor.....I used to love it, but now I get a little bored with it.

Maybe Boston Rob can retire now.
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-05-17, 11:34

Nope. he has a new job already:

Boston Rob Finally Wins 'Survivor,' Goes Straight Back to Work

By Zach Dionne Posted May 16th 2011 12:25PM

Boston Rob SurvivorIf it wasn't cemented sometime in the decade since "Boston" Rob Mariano's 'Survivor' debut in season four, he's now a professional reality TV guy.

Moments after winning the $1 million title of 'Sole Survivor' during his fourth shot at playing the game, Boston Rob told PopEater at the Ed Sullivan Theater in NYC on Sunday night he wouldn't have much time for celebration.

"I'm going to work tomorrow. I'm doing a new show for the History Channel called 'Around the World in 80 Ways,'" Rob said. "Gotta make a dollar, brother."

Making a buck is indeed one of the Rob-father's specialties; he masterminded "Survivor: Redemption Island" to a flawless win and also took home the $100,000 Sprint Fan Favorite prize. Despite all that cash -- and the fact his wife, Amber, won $1 million on "Survivor: All Stars" in 2004 -- Rob won't kick back any time soon.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down