The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Idol - Season 10

+4
Berry
BoardMomma
Penny
jojo
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

American Idol - Season 10 Empty American Idol - Season 10

Post  jojo 2011-02-02, 23:13

Well, it sucked me in again......I have been watching and loving it!!!!! LOVE the new judges.....the show is actually better than before......something I didn't think possible. But they have great chemistry and the judges make it about the singers and not so much about themselves.......

Lots of great touching stories that make you smile, laugh, and cry!!!! They show some of the bad ones, but not as much as before.......more stories being told.

I know I will probably be the only one here at blu5 watching.......but music is such a part of my life.......I know I will continue to watch. Stay tuned to this thread if you care to know what is going on.......

Some really great talent out there this year......with the age minimum now 15, lots of young talent.

jojo
jojo

American Idol - Season 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100American Idol - Season 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

American Idol - Season 10 Empty Re: American Idol - Season 10

Post  jojo 2011-03-08, 22:52

We have the top 13 performing this week......some great talent, but the guys are doing better AGAIN.....the girls need to step it up!!!!!
jojo
jojo

American Idol - Season 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100American Idol - Season 10 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-03-09, 07:21

jojo wrote:I know I will probably be the only one here at blu5 watching.......but music is such a part of my life.......I know I will continue to watch. Stay tuned to this thread if you care to know what is going on.......

Thanks for watching, Jo and keeping us informed! It does catch me up on what happened cuz' I don't watch but I am interested ... just not enough to watch! Cutie
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2011-03-09, 11:27

I had been watching it from the beginning this year. Seems the talent is at a much higher level which is good. Missed the last show. So, thanks Jojo for keeping us up to date.
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2011-03-13, 09:33

Ashton was the first of the top 13 to go home........she was a "Diana Ross-like" singer. Judges did not use their one save of the season to "save" her. And then there was 12.

jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2011-04-07, 21:30

Well, we were down to the top nine, three girls and six guys.......and NOOOOOO they sent Pia home. Not only my favorite girl, but very beautiful and the best singer by far.........America got it wrong tonight.

Sad grrr
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-04-07, 21:36

I did just happen to see her last performance and she did seem very good. Well, the beauty of this show is you don't have to win to have your career helped. She'll probably have some doors opened to her that wouldn't have opened before. sunny
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2011-04-08, 11:12

I don't follow Idol very close but I've seen a few of them this season and I've seen a few of Pia's performances and she seemed very talented, had great performances and is also pretty. That is generally a winning combination on AI. I'm sure part of the voting is based on talent, preformance, looks and popularity. At least for the female singers I would have said she was the best. I bet it was the stupid outfit she was wearing on her last performance. It was hidious so "America" voted her off. Lesson learned Ms. Pia... roflmao
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2011-04-08, 11:17

Rus you may be right. Wink It was hideous. I don't think I've ever seen the judges react like that. It was a shock. But 7 more are going to be eliminated so because these people are really talented there will be more shocks to come.
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-04-08, 12:22

Although I don't watch AI, last night it seemed to run late when I tuned in to watch The Mentalist, so I saw all the sobbing going on, on stage and wondered what the heck happened ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Anyway, Morena Baccarin was on The Mentalist and looked a lot nicer than she does on V. Of course she wasn't playing an alien....but she did kill her husband. :P
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-04-08, 14:44

I miss the softer, sweeter Morena who we saw in Firefly/ Sirenity ! Bring back Inara!! sunny
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2011-04-08, 23:01

I feel like I should be watching AI this season but I can never bring myself to do it. I've been reading Greg's recaps which are funny. I feel like I should because the cheering for the local guy thing...but, still not watching...lol

Bring back Inara!! Oh yes!! I was watching Firefly last week and there she was so much better than Anna...who has always creeped me out.
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-04-09, 00:20

Well, she was certainly more attractive as Inara, I believe she is supposed to be creepy as Anna. So she is still doing a good acting job. two thumbs up
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2011-04-19, 20:35

Banjo, the sobbing you saw was probably the night Pia got booted off.......one of the best singers......but it just goes to show that little girls and their moms do the voting.....and they vote for the guys.....who are very talented as well. Really the best talent the show has seen in it's ten years.

jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2011-04-28, 20:31

What just happened? I'm in :shock:
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-04-28, 21:58

Probably the storm interfered with a lot of the South casting votes. disgruntled

But hey, anyone who has made it this far is going to have opportunities thrust upon them. It'll turn out just fine for tonight's bootee.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2011-04-28, 23:28

I didn't even think about that...but you are probably right. Still...as far as multi talent I think Casey had it cornered. I'm not saying I thought he would win but I did think he would be there for at least 2 if not 3 weeks.

But the truth is and we saw that with Bowersock tonight...if you don't win...you can go do your own thing and not be under contract...which as it turns out...isn't always good.

I think this year is a real fluke. These people are highly talented there's no denying it...next year...flopsville....I'm just sayin'... tongue
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2011-04-29, 02:10

I'm not watching and I still feel like maybe I should...cheer on the local talent and all but I can't bring myself too.

But...I did go on YouTube to see what all of the fuss was about over Durbin...um, not really feeling it. But, I think he'll do way better in and actual band situation, the back up music sounds a bit inadequate...the kid screams a lot.
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2011-04-29, 11:31

They did mention that he growls and I agree he needs to loose that. He is into Jazz...not a lot of people into that these days...so it's good that he's loose now to do his own thing. And see how the world reacts...

I am so not watching this next year... tongue
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2011-04-29, 21:08

AR, you say that now.....you will watch!!! lol...

When it gets down to the final 5 or 6, I have my favorite, this year it is James, and it just doesn't matter the order they go....they are ALL really good at this point, and somebody has to go.......and one will win!!!! You hate to see anyone go.....you see how close they get and how emotional leaving is. But they have the finale show, the summer tour, and the attention of alot of music producers.

jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2011-04-30, 01:20

Not many people into Jazz? Really? I'd say most people don't realize they are because they aren't familiar with the names. Like I said, he's local so in that way it makes sense to me, I know this quirky town...lol There's this place called Kuumbwa Jazz that for all of it's being a hole in the wall it's an institution...2 showings a night and the sound carries out over the town...in a really dreamlike way sometimes...kay..I spent a lot of time on that block...lots of jasmine which smells great on warm nights. wub It's the jasmines fault.

Can't watch the show...except when it runs over and I have to wait until my show comes on afterwards...lol

Heather and Greg say The Voice is great tho.... Cutie

I just can't get into the concept of game shows....I keep waiting for a gong or a pyramid or honeymooners...childhood reality shows....lol I didn't even like them then...
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2011-05-12, 22:27

I am a little bummed that James was voted off tonight.....he was my favorite and clearly the best choice for American Idol. But the remaining two girls and one guy are deserving to be in the finale. I know James will still have a great career because he is talented and you don't have to win the show to have a successful career.

jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-05-12, 22:33

I agree. I loved watching James...the others haven't made a huge impression (but I don't watch the show....just see You
Tube when someone posts it was great. And I do think they will all have the career opportunities to get to the next level. clap
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2011-05-18, 21:22

I was sad to see James go and will follow his career. The three left are awesome despite many saying that they aren't good. Don't know what those people are thinking...and yes, I stake my upbringing in music from the age of 5...these people are gonna knock it out of the ball park win or loose at Idol.

Scotty will make Garth Brooks look like a footnote...Guarenteed!

Give Lauren another year and Taylor Swift better watch her back..Wink

And Haley...she's the most versatile and I love her range and soulfulness.

Who's my favorite? It's too hard to pick.

Out of the top 11 I'd have to say that I'll be watching at least 8 to see how they progress.

No...no.....NO! I will not watch the show again Jo.Wink I have another book to write in August and another to edit right now.... affraid

BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2011-05-18, 21:53

the show was good tonight......I agree that all three are great......the truth is if you have "it" you will do great whether you win or not..........

Scotty is so polished.....it is like he has been doing this for a long time.......he will take off in the country music world.....he will be co-hosting the awards shows with Carrie Underwood........
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next