Miss Marple being brought to the silver screen

Go down

Miss Marple being brought to the silver screen

Post  Berry on 2011-03-29, 15:51

Jenifer Garner seems a bit young for the Miss Marple role, but I love Agatha Christie so I'll hope for the best.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20477199,00.html

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Miss Marple being brought to the silver screen

Post  Penny on 2011-03-31, 08:58

"Garner's Marple, however, comes with a key update: the character will better befit its fetching lead actress: She'll be a younger gumshoe with, presumably, better wardrobe and a lot more sex appeal."

Looks like they will be changing the character. Will that affect anything? Never read the book(s).

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry on 2011-03-31, 14:07

Will it affect anything??!!! Hahahahahahahahahah
Miss Marple is usually a 60+ woman. She is such a good detective because as an old woman she is completely overlooked and people say and do things around her that they wouldn't if they didn't think she was a sweet doddering old fool (none of those things are what she is) .

So yes, the changes they will be making to accomodate Jennifer Garner in the role are going to take a lot of re-writing and the show will have to say "loosely based on the Agatha Christie Miss Marple novels"

Still, BBC has a young Sherlock Holmes and his friend Watson set in modern London. Bad as that sounds, it is actually quite good. So, I'll try to keep an open mind here.

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea on 2011-04-01, 05:14

I'm getting visions of her from Pearl Harbor... roflmao

I have a hard time seeing her beyond Alias, that just fit her perfectly. scratch
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum