The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Julieanne's new movie

2 posters

Go down

Julieanne's new movie Empty Julieanne's new movie

Post  Banjo 2011-04-20, 15:47

She's hit the 'big time' with her first movie considering her cast-mates, who seem to be a rather unusual mix. I had read that she was appearing in a Tom Cruise movie which seems to be a quasi-musical.....all the more odd, for him.... scratch

Catherine Zeta-Jones Lands Rock Role: "She's in the Greatest Space and Spirits," Says Director

Holy moly, Rock of Ages!

Guess who just signed on for the movie musical? Catherine Zeta-Jones!

Not only that, but her character doesn't even appear in the Rock of Ages stage show—the role was created just for the movie.

Read on for the exclusive details that director Adam Shankman just gave me...

PHOTOS: Casting Couch

The Oscar winner, who recently revealed she checked into a medical facility to treat her bipolar II disorder, will play the ultraconservative wife of the Los Angeles mayor.

The movie centers on the Sunset Strip music scene during the '80s. Julianne Hough stars as a young Hollywood hopeful from the Midwest, with Latin music star Diego Boneta playing an aspiring rock star . Rounding out the cast are Tom Cruise, Russell Brand and Mary J. Blige.

"She's the villain who is out to stop rock 'n' roll from poisoning Los Angeles," Shankman tells me. "If Tipper Gore and Anita Bryant had a love child, it would be this woman."

She'll be belting out at least two songs: Pat Benatar 's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" and Twisted Sister 's "We're Not Gonna Take It."

Can I just say, GENIUS!

Shankman said negotiations began shortly before Zeta-Jones' rep issued a statement announcing that her brief inpatient treatment was due in part to the stress of Michael Douglas ' cancer.

"While we were talking to her representatives about doing it, she told us that was about to happen," Shankman said. "I had a long talk with her about it and she's in the greatest space and spirits. We've worked together on numerous benefits and we have a great working relationship.

"She said to me, 'Darling, I can't wait to get out there and sing and dance with you,' " he continued. "I am overwhelmed and honored to have a woman of this stature gra
Banjo
Banjo

Julieanne's new movie Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Julieanne's new movie Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Julieanne's new movie Empty Re: Julieanne's new movie

Post  Berry 2011-04-20, 21:03

I'm a sucker for a musical. They have a talented cast, hope this one turns out well. :)
Berry
Berry

Julieanne's new movie Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Julieanne's new movie Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down