The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Trek sequel news

3 posters

Go down

Star Trek sequel news Empty Star Trek sequel news

Post  Berry 2011-11-05, 04:57

Benicio Del Toro wanted for 'Star Trek' villain
J.J. Abrams wants actor for Paramount sequel

By: JUSTIN KROLL

EXCLUSIVE: Though most of the roles are already cast in the upcoming sequel to Paramount and Skydance's "Star Trek," the role of mysterious villain was still open -- and now it looks like J.J. Abrams has made his choice.

Though no offer has been delivered, sources close to the project say Benicio Del Toro is expected to be offered the part soon, maybe by weekend's end.

Insiders say Del Toro has met with Abrams but doesn't know what the role is, in order to keep in a secret. Par and Skydance had no comment on the casting.

Abrams is back to direct with Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Damon Lindelof penning the script.

Abrams, Kurtzman, Orci, Lindelof, Bryan Burk, and David Ellison will produce through Bad Robot and Skydance Productions.

Production is expected to start in early 2012.

Del Toro most recently finished production on Universal's "Savages."
Berry
Berry

Star Trek sequel news Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Star Trek sequel news Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Star Trek sequel news Empty Re: Star Trek sequel news

Post  Banjo 2011-11-05, 12:13

He'll be okay, if he accepts, but for sheer "villainy" with an Hispanic flavor, if that's a requirement, then you can't beat Javier Bardem. Although I suspect his price would be higher than Del Toro. scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Star Trek sequel news Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Star Trek sequel news Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2011-11-06, 17:12

I saw this news yesterday...Fantastic! I love Benicio Del Toro! But every time I see him, I can't help remembering the line up during The Usual Suspects...Hand me the keys, you c.s.... busts me up every time.

He'll be an great villian. woohoo
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down