The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Touch

3 posters

Go down

Touch Empty Touch

Post  Banjo 2012-01-26, 14:24

Another potential winner for Fox. What I thought was the premiere was last night, but at the end it says the premiere is next month. scratch Anyway, last night was good, sort of in the "Knowing" vein. Kiefer Sutherland does a good job. Other actors could have been cast in that role but he has the "bull in the china shop" persona in some scenes that is necessary and reminiscent of Jack Bauer, although the role is completely different.

It has potential if they can avoid falling into the "disaster predicted for the week is averted" trap.
Banjo
Banjo

Touch Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Touch Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Touch Empty Re: Touch

Post  Rus 2012-01-26, 14:42

I watched it also. It was ok and has some potential. I don't think the season really start until March so I'm not sure why the aired the premiere a month early. scratch
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-01-26, 15:04

They call it a preview. scratch Whatever, it doesn't matter in the end.

Last night marked the return of one TV star, Kiefer Sutherland, and the departure of another, Marg Helgenberger. Sutherland’s new Fox series, Touch, drew a 3.9/10 among adults 18-49 and 11.9 million viewers in a preview behind American Idol. It matched the demo rating for the preview of Glee behind Idol in May 2009 despite a much weaker lead-in; American Idol was still in its prime in 2009, and Glee followed the performance finale, while Touch was behind an auditions episode of a declining Idol. Touch‘s retention, 61%, was the highest ever for a drama debut after Idol. Despite not being labeled as a premiere, if treated as one, Touch would rank as the second-highest-rated new drama series this season behind ABC’s Once Upon A Time (4.0, 12.8 million viewers), and as Fox’s highest-rated drama opening in three years. Idol‘s Aspen auditions episode (6.4/18) was down 11% from the fast national for the two-hour season premiere last Wednesday (vs. the 8-9 PM hour only, the drop was 7%). Fox won the night in 18-49 and total viewers.

BTW, these are good sites if you like to "wallow" in all the TV and movie news:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-02-28, 13:55

Search:

Search
enhanced by Google

Fox Rattles ‘Bones’ and More in Scheduling Shuffle

by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | February 28, 2012 at 2:21 PM | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Kiefer Sutherland and David Mazouz of 'Touch' (Photo: Fox)

Kiefer Sutherland is bumping off “[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]” … well off of Thursday nights, that is.

Fox revealed its plans to do a little rearranging of its midseason
schedule to accommodate the premiere of the new Kiefer Sutherland drama,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]” and to say goodbye to Dr. House after eight seasons.

“Touch” will premiere Thursday, March 22 at 9/8c, following the “[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
results show. The series, which stars Sutherland as the father of a
gifted autistic son who sees connections between people all over the
world through numbers, was originally slated for Mondays in “24″‘s old
time slot.

The move means “Bones” will now jump to Mondays at 8/7c, with “House” shifting to 9/8c, beginning April 2.

The shows that are currently airing on Mondays and Thursdays in those
slots, “Alcatraz” and “The Finder,” will have completed their runs by
April.

One final announcement by the network includes plans for a special
“House” retrospective to air on Monday, May 21, to be followed by
“House’s” series finale at 9/8c.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-05-10, 02:16

The Powers That Be finally made up their minds. This one has been renewed for another season. two thumbs up
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-05-10, 12:26

Watched a couple, prefer The Secret Circle but since its had the season finale, along with The Office and Parks and Rec., maybe I'll check it out again.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2012-05-10, 17:30

I watch Touch but sometimes find it annoying. It is sometimes painfully obvious that Touch is just a bunch of made up stuff revolving around that weeks secret numbers or code that ties a few made up stories together that has to be solved or wrapped up in the hour. I know all the TV shows I watch are fiction and are constrained to the hour format but most of the other shows can better hide the fact that they are fiction and can work a story arc over several episodes. Plus the opportunity for character development are very limited. The kid is never going to talk, Kiefer Sutherland is never going to be able to stop say, "Jake, Jake! Where are you Jake?" 10 times an episode.
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-10-22, 07:34

Touch returns this Friday.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2013-02-08, 14:55

I saw a preview that made the new season look interesting. Let's hope so.
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2013-05-10, 14:07

I think this season has been better than the last...and still, it has been officially cancelled. Tonight is the last episode so watch it while you can. Hope it will tie things up and not be a cliff-hanger because that would be annoying.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2013-05-10, 17:48

It seems like a read that another season of 24 might be in the works. The timing works out anyway.

Touch is not my favorite so I'm not sad to see it go. Yes, I think you are right season 2 was a bit better than season 1. I think I'm a couple weeks behind.
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-05-10, 18:01

I think I watched Touch 2-3 times. It didn't grab me. I saw an interview with Sutherland a few months ago. I don't remember that he said anything about another season of 24, but the movie project wasn't making any headway. scratch

Looks like you're right Rus. With these guys involved I'd guess it has a good chance of coming back. But how a "new story arc", will work out is scratch Wasn't Jack Bauer on the run at the end ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down