The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First to go ...?

3 posters

Go down

First to go ...? Empty First to go ...?

Post  Banjo 2012-08-29, 12:54

I'm inclined to agree with him. 'Animal Practice' in particular is one of the shows that you just feel in your bones is doomed to quick cancellation.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Fall 2012 Death Watch: What New Show Will Get Canceled First?

John Kubicek
Senior Writer, BuddyTV

While the fall season brings plenty of new shows to get excited about, one of the most amusing games is trying to figure out what show will get canceled first. And if history teaches us anything, it's that we won't need to wait long.

For the past four fall seasons, there has been at least one show to get canceled after just three episodes or less. Which new show will suffer the same fate? Here's a look at the first new fall shows to get axed of the past four years, which includes three dramas.

2011: NBC's The Playboy Club (3 episodes)
2010: FOX's Lone Star (2 episodes)
2009: The CW's The Beautiful Life (2 episodes)
2008: FOX's Do Not Disturb (3 episodes)

Here are my top three predictions for what new fall show will be the first to get canceled.

Animal Practice (NBC, Wednesdays at 8pm)

I'm mildly surprised NBC didn't just cancel it after its special sneak peek during the Closing Ceremonies of the Olympics. The show was met with near universal criticism and had a smaller audience than Go On's preview despite having more viewers for its Olympics coverage lead-in. Last season NBC's Wednesday night comedy Free Agents only lasted four episodes. I'll be shocked if Animal Practice outlives it.

The Mob Doctor (FOX, Mondays at 9pm)

Is it a coincidence that this show has the Lone Star time slot? The title itself perfectly illustrates the show's mediocrity, and competing against The Voice and Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars won't be easy. The only thing that might save it is FOX's lack of alternative programming. Bones repeats? Kitchen Nightmares? A third night of X Factor auditions? Maybe burning off 13 episodes of this show will be the only viable option.

The New Normal (NBC, Tuesdays at 9:30pm)

NBC clearly wants to get into the Ryan Murphy business since he helped FOX and FX. But this show isn't going to be successful. It already has protests against it from conservative watchdog groups (just like The Playboy Club) and it's not that good (also just like The Playboy Club). If The New Normal were a huge critical darling, something akin to Parks and Recreation or Community, NBC might make excuses to keep it. But I suspect even the people who hate One Million Moms will have a hard time defending the show's lack of quality.

Another key reason I chose these three shows is that they're premiering earlier than most. With more and more shows premiering later (five of the new fall shows don't premiere until October or later), the first show to get canceled could depend on which shows get on the air the fastest. With NBC rolling out its new comedies two weeks before CBS begins its fall schedule, that's just more time to fail.
Banjo
Banjo

First to go ...? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100First to go ...? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

First to go ...? Empty Re: First to go ...?

Post  Berry 2012-08-29, 13:32

I read something about a bunch of tv stations refusing to air "The New Normal"...so that can't be a good sign.

Frankly, I doubt that any of those will survive long.
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-08-29, 15:36

I heard that just one station in Salt Lake City has said they won't run it, but some "parent groups" are protesting it.

Meanwhile....

I suspect these rankings at the bottom will be accurate. Higher up the list it's harder to tell. He may be right to be "reserved" about Revolution. I'll have to see it to believe that Arrow should be ranked that high.... scratch

http://www.buddytv.com/slideshows/arrow/the-best-and-the-worst-we-rank-the-21-new-fall-tv-shows-67249.aspx

Well, there is this, for you fans of this guy....

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/arrow/arrow-casts-torchwood-star-joh-47068.aspx
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2012-08-29, 21:38

I wouldn't be surprised if we had a very dry year. I think a lot of shows will be cancelled. Some not right off the bat but there is nothing save Revolution that I care to even look at. Yes, I'll watch Arrow but I don't think it will make it. JMO. I have a lot of reading and writing to do so I'm going to be extremely picky...Wink

BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum