The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 14 -2012 Day 51

Go down

Big Brother 14 -2012  Day 51 Empty Big Brother 14 -2012 Day 51

Post  Banjo 2012-09-03, 12:13

Sunday, September 02, 2012
'Big Brother 14' Recap: Revenge of the Nerd
John Kubicek

Senior Writer, BuddyTV

Never get into a huge fight with someone when you're the HoH on Big Brother 14. Frank should've learned that lesson week 1 when Willie fought with him, then Frank won the next HoH and got his revenge. Last week Frank got into a huge fight with Ian, so, naturally, Ian now gets his revenge.

Continuing with the Revenge of the Nerds theme for this Sunday's episode, there's even a giant oafish jock intent on causing problems for the "NERDS!" But, just like Ted McGinley and the rest of the Alpha Betas, everybody hates the jock.

The HoH Competition

As seen on Thursday's live show, Joe and Jenn fall off almost immediately (he drops at two minutes, she drops at five). Joe's punishment for falling first is that he needs to hula hoop every time "Reveille" plays for 24 hours. That gives the show's editors about 30 seconds of filler and nothing else. What a waste of a punishment.

Danielle falls at 34 minutes while Dan drops at 42 minutes. It's down to Shane and Ian and they spin for more than an hour by themselves as Ian offers science lessons. Then they make a deal where Shane drops if Ian promises that Shane and Danielle are 100 percent safe all week. He agrees and Ian wins HoH for the second time this season. Frank correctly realizes he's in trouble once again.

The Quack Pack Reunion

Prior to Britney's eviction, Ian went to Dan and said he still wants to work with Dan and stay loyal to the Quack Pack. In other words, despite being the greatest player in the history of the game, Dan is now protected on all sides with two separate four-person alliances. The only person he DOESN'T have a deal with is Joe, but that hardly matters at this point.

With Ian winning HoH, Dan quickly decides to abandon his new alliance with Frank after less than one week to rejoin the Quack Pack. I appreciate Dan's ability to rationalize swearing on his wife and the Bible, and then immediately reneging on that deal with Frank. He truly is playing a completely different, totally ruthless game this season, and it works for him since he walked into the house with a good guy image.

Of course this is a dangerous game Dan is playing because all Frank has to do is mention the words "Quack Pack" and Ian will know Dan cannot be trusted. But that would require Frank to be good at this game, which he clearly isn't because he refuses to rat out Dan.

Danielle's Fatal Attraction

There's a lot of filler as Danielle swoons over Shane in the shower, her knight in shining armor. Things escalate when Jenn tells her that Shane referred to her as his girlfriend. Danielle hopes and prays she gets a rose and then gets invited to the Fantasy Suite. Oh wait, wrong show.

Ian's Nerdy HoH Room

Ian's HoH room contains bismuth, his favorite element on the periodic table (it's the "bism" in Pepto Bismol). No one knows or cares, but they have to pretend they do. Shane's clueless reaction shots are amazing. I'd like to see Ian and Shane in a sitcom together.

Worst Christmas Ever

Ian gets a Pandora's Box full of Christmas presents and he takes it. He gets a whole bunch of toys and presents like Legos and inflatable pool toys. He also gets $1,000.

But while Ian is unwrapping his gifts, Jessie Godderz comes into the house dressed like Santa Claus in a speedo. Dan instantly refers to him as an elf on steroids. Instead of giving them presents, Jessie Claus takes away all of the junk food in the house, leaving them with nothing but healthy crap.

The whole thing is kind of uninspired and boring. I feel like even the editors don't care about this utterly unentertaining Pandora's Box. I'm worried that Dan's huge move marked the high point of the season and now we're heading to the dull denouement.

The Nominations

Despite some last-minute second thoughts about Frank (because he can't compete in the next HoH competition if he stays), Ian sticks to his original plan and nominates Frank and Jenn. Dan is the primary voice of reason, because while Ian considers keeping Frank as a target, Dan correctly points out that with someone who wins as many competitions as Frank, you won't have many chances to evict him and need to do it as soon as possible.

Big Brother Evictee Britney on Dan: ‘He Really is a Mastermind’

by Carole Glines | August 31, 2012 at 7:02 PM | Big Brother, Interviews, RealityTV

Britney Haynes on "Big Brother" (CBS)

“Big Brother 14” star Britney Haynes seemed like she had all the right stuff to make it to the finale – she’d been on the reality show before and joined two alliances this season.

But the pretty blonde was stabbed in the back by fellow coach-turned-player Dan Gheesling, who made one of the biggest comebacks in “Big Brother” history by staging a mock “funeral” for himself and then convincing other houseguests to save him from eviction. Britney was nominated in Dan’s place, and on Thursday night, the pharmaceutical sales rep’s rival competitors sent her home.

Now that she’s had time to absorb her shocking ouster, Britney candidly reveals to Xfinity TV her feelings about Dan and “Big Brother” front-runner Frank Eudy, her friendship with Ian Terry, and what she’s doing next. Who farted and who snored in the house? Read on as Britney tells all!

How did it feel being evicted?

Not good! I was very surprised.

Would you have changed your strategy if you had to do it over again?

I would. My allegiance to Ian was working out better for me when it was a secret.

Can you believe Dan talked his way off the block and made you the target in his place?

Yes, I can believe it. Dan is capable of anything. He makes everyone else in the house look like total amateur hour. His “funeral” was a joke.

Dan’s move is being described as one of the most devious ever on Big Brother. Your thoughts?

He really is a mastermind.

How do you feel about Dan now?

I really don’t hate him as a person. He did what he had to do to survive another week which is the most you can do as a player in Big Brother. But I do hate playing against him in the game.

How much do you wish you could attend a real “funeral” for Dan?

I will be in attendance at his next one, and I won’t cry as much as I did at the first one!

How about Frank? Do you hate him?

I can’t stand Frank! He is boisterous, narcissistic, and extremely flatulent.

What do you think Big Brother 14 will be like without Britney? You’ve been such a key player all season.

I think there are really good competitors left in the house. I anticipate Dan, Danielle and/ or Ian will lead the house for the rest of the season.

How do you feel about being a player versus being a coach this season?

I really enjoyed being a coach and doing more guiding as opposed to leading. But I accepted the player role whole heartedly and gave that my best effort.

Why did you bond so well with Ian?

He reminds me so much of my real life little brother. We just clicked. We were an unlikely pair, but in my opinion, a perfect pair.

Is Ian your favorite to win?

I’d like to see Ian or Danielle walk away with the top prize.

What did you learn about yourself by participating in the Big Brother competition again?
I had to prove myself that I could even play the game. I feel that I worked extremely hard so I know I was actually playing.

Wil [Heuser] and Mike Boogie [Malin] told me you were the messiest person in the house. True?

Actually, it’s kind of hilarious, but the messiest people in the house were myself and Janelle [Pierzina]. We would laugh about being the housewives in the house, but we would leave messes all over the place. Our clothes and make up were all over the bathroom!

Who snored the loudest?

Absolutely no question, [chef] Joe [Arvin]! If you think he talks loud, you should hear him snore.

You seemed to always be eating bowls of cereal. Will you swear off that Big Brother diet when you get home?

Absolutely not! That is the staple of my diet and it constitutes at least one meal a day.

The Big Brother house is pretty crazy looking. If you had to remodel the Big Brother house, what would you do to it?

It was so not my aesthetic. I don’t appreciate this whole neon-colored, ultra modern décor. I think it could use just a good tone down.

What did you do to keep from getting homesick?

I didn’t keep from getting homesick; I was homesick every day. I mostly missed [my husband’s] company. He is my best friend and it was hard to be apart for that long.

Did you take home any swag from the Big Brother house?

No. All of the new people of the season were eager about swiping mementos from the house so there was nothing left. I’ll just take the memories.

What are you doing next?

I’m assuming I will just go back to pharmaceutical sales. Selling drugs seems to be my forte. I would love to come back to “Big Brother” – to visit! Ha!
Banjo
Banjo

Big Brother 14 -2012  Day 51 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Big Brother 14 -2012  Day 51 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down