The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survivor 26

Go down

Survivor 26  Empty Survivor 26

Post  Banjo 2013-01-11, 12:53

Good grief ! They're bringing back Hantz again !? CBS is getting a lot of mileage out of that dysfunctional family. Rolling Eyes And Cochran back again on the same season.....jeez. The fans have a few lookers though.... two thumbs up

http://www.buddytv.com/slideshows/survivor/meet-the-castaways-on-survivor-caramoan--fans-vs-favorites-42625.aspx
Banjo
Banjo

Survivor 26  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Survivor 26  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Survivor 26  Empty Re: Survivor 26

Post  Banjo 2013-01-14, 17:13

‘Survivor: Caramoan’ Fan Sherri Biethman: Flirting Is ‘Part of My Arsenal’

by Gordon Holmes | January 14, 2013 at 11:39 AM | RealityTV, Survivor, TV News

Sherri Biethman (CBS)

I had a chance to sit down with all twenty of the “Fans vs. Favorites” competitors the day before they left for the Caramoan Islands. I’ll be posting exclusive interviews with each contestant every weekday until we get through all of them. Be sure to follow me on Twitter (@gordonholmes) for tons of updates.

Name: Sherri Biethman
Hometown: Boise, ID

Note: The “Survivor: Caramoan” pre-game interviews are unlike the pre-game interviews we’ve done in the past. Usually, the interviews take place on location, this time they took place in Los Angeles before the players flew out. At this point, all the “Fans” know is that they’re flying out in the next few days. They have seen each other, but haven’t seen the returning players. They don’t know for sure where they’re going, and they don’t know any of the season’s twists.

Gordon Holmes: It says here that you’re a franchisee? What businesses do you own?
Sherri Biethman: I own six different franchises.
Holmes: Such as?
Biethman: I own a Wetzel’s Pretzels.
Holmes: (Laughs) I’ve never heard of that. I don’t know if we have Wetzel’s Pretzels in Philadelphia.
Biethman: They’re huge in California. We have two of those. You have Auntie Anne’s right?
Holmes: Yes, so good. Do you guys have the cinnamon pretzels?
Biethman: Oh yeah.
Holmes: What are your other franchises?
Biethman: We have a Cinnabon and a Haagen Dazs and two Jimmy Johns.

Holmes: You’re a big huge “Survivor” fan.
Biethman: Huge, since day one.
Holmes: And you named your son after Colby Donaldson?
Biethman: Yes. Season two I was eight months pregnant and it was coming to the end, and I fell in love with the way he played. He was just so sincere. I didn’t have a name for my boy at the time and Colby fit.
Holmes: It was that or Kentucky Joe?
Biethman: (Laughs) Or Chicken George.

Holmes: Your claim to fame is finding the right diagnosis for your autistic son. I’m unfamiliar with that process, isn’t that a doctor’s responsibility?
Biethman: He was diagnosed…autism is like a huge umbrella. We got a diagnosis that he’s PDD, pervasive development disorder. Which helps to isolate, he wasn’t like Rain Man where you could drop stuff on the floor, his was social. So, to find the right doctors, to find the right person to work with, that was the diagnosis…
Holmes: And that’s your responsibility to figure that out?
Biethman: Because they kept putting him under the big umbrella.
Holmes: OK, so you worked with him to find exactly what he needed.
Biethman: Right, he’s autistic, so they’d just put him in occupational therapy to work with his hands or how to grasp things.
Holmes: But he already knew that.
Biethman: Right, it was social. Answering questions, making conversation. He can talk, we can talk about anything, but you have to ask questions.
Holmes: What does he think of mom’s big adventure?
Biethman: I think he’s going to miss me. But he’s very excited to see me out there. On the finale when they showed the Philippines and they showed the sharks and the snakes at the very end, he was freaking out.
Holmes: Oh, so you think you’re going to the Philippines.
Biethman: I think so. It’s common sense. Do you know?
Holmes: I do know, but my lips are sealed.
Biethman: I think we’re going to the Philippines.
Holmes: Well, you’re welcome to think that.
Biethman: Oh, come on!

Holmes: One of your pet peeves is that you don’t like liars. Then, why did you sign up for “Survivor”?
Biethman: I’m talking about my real life. That’s my pet peeve in real life. Everybody’s going to lie. I’m going to lie.
Holmes: Some people have a line for how far they’re willing to go when it comes to deception. Do you?
Biethman: I won’t know until I’m out there. My gut tells me no. I’m going to lie.
Holmes: “Boston” Rob had a great point where he said you can’t put boundaries on yourself.
Biethman: You just don’t know until you’re out there. People ask me what my strategy will be and I don’t know. I won’t know until I hear people talking and making alliances.
Holmes: I learned to stop asking that question. Any gameplan you come up with today could be long gone once you meet up with Probst on the beach.
Biethman: Definitely.
Holmes: I also hear you hate laziness…
Biethman: That’s going to be hard for me. Hopefully I’ll be surrounded by hard workers.
Holmes: So, you’re spending your day tending the fire, or cutting fire wood, or plucking berries or whatever there is to do out there and someone is kicking back and getting some sun. Can you be diplomatic?
Biethman: I’ll be able to hold it in, but I will talk crap about them.

Holmes: When I don’t eat I become much more miserable than I normally am. Is that something that will affect you?
Biethman: I don’t think eating, I think sleeping is going to be hard for me. I get really grumpy when I don’t sleep. Heat won’t bother me, I don’t want it to be pouring rain.

Holmes: Are you married?
Biethman: Yeah, eighteen years. I’m going to be missing my anniversary because I’ll be on the island.
Holmes: One of the words you used to describe yourself was “sexy.” And, you are lovely.
Biethman: Thank you.
Holmes: You’re welcome. Are you prepared to flirt at all?
Biethman: Yes. That’s part of my arsenal.
Holmes: Is your husband cool with this?
Biethman: He asked me about spooning, who was going to be in the front and who was going to be in the back. (Laughs)
Holmes: (Laughs) I’m told that’s how you know who’s in an alliance.
Biethman: Spooning or sleeping by that person. The flip side is, now that everybody knows that it could get you in trouble. But, we have talked about it. I’m a huge flirt, but there’s a never been a question of infidelity. I think he’s OK as long as it’s respectful.

Holmes: Have you seen all of “South Pacific” and all of “One World”?
Biethman: I have, and they were all on the same island, right.
Holmes: Yes, those were both in Samoa.
Biethman: Oh…so you can say that. (Laughs)
Holmes: I’m just stating a previously documented fact.
Biethman: (Laughs)
Holmes: I feel like you’re trouble.
Biethman: (Laughs) I know. I am.
Holmes: Anywho, it seems like a lot of people get on the bottom of an alliance, and then don’t do anything as long as their name isn’t up next. And by the time they make a move, it’s too late. Why do you think people keep making that mistake?
Biethman: I think they’re scared that if they make too big of a move it’ll put a target on their back. I was talking with my husband and he made the comment that he’d rather me go out number five or six making a really bold move than to float to number three.
Holmes: That’s what I liked about Jim Rice from “South Pacific.” It seemed like he was fine going out when he did as long as he was doing everything he could to win. It wasn’t enough to get to stay around another three days.
Biethman: Yeah, I liked him too.

Holmes: Is there anything in your personal life that you will keep a secret?
Biethman: I’m actually forty. So, I was thinking of saying I’m thirty seven, because for some reason that sounds much younger because you’re still in your thirties. I see all of these young people and I don’t want to be viewed as motherly. I’m not the motherly type…or old. But then I have to back up everything because I have a seventeen-year-old son, and I’m not great at math.
Holmes: A thirty-seven-year-old can have a seventeen year old son. You just had him when you were twenty.
Biethman: Yeah, that’s true. I’ve been married eighteen years. I think I can do that.

Holmes: Any plans for the million?
Biethman: Invest in more businesses.
Holmes: More Wetzel’s Pretzels?
Biethman: More Jimmy Johns.
Holmes: Bring Auntie Anne’s to the west coast.
Biethman: There are some, but I don’t want one in my mall. They’re competition.
Holmes: Are you well off financially?
Biethman: Yeah.
Holmes: Is that something you’re going to keep secret?
Biethman: Oh yeah. I’m going to totally downplay that. We do fine, but I’m going to say we only own one business and that my husband is an accountant. It sounds boring. We were going to say a banker, but people would think we had money.

Holmes: Do you have any experience roughing it?
Biethman: No.
Holmes: Does that concern you?
Biethman: I don’t like camping, I know that. I’ve been camping and I don’t like it. I like to RV.
Holmes: That doesn’t count.
Biethman: Why not?
Holmes: You have walls and electricity.
Biethman: But you can walk outside and sit.
Holmes: You can do that in your house.
Biethman: You’re right.

Holmes: How are you feeling about the cast?
Biethman: They all seem pretty. A lot of pretty people. But, you’re thinking of some not-so-pretty people, aren’t you?
Holmes: I’m not thinking of anyone in particular.
Biethman: They all seem very polite. No one seems to want to step on anyone’s toes.
Holmes: What do you think their first impression of you is?
Biethman: Going by what I’m told? A strong personality.
Holmes: What you’re told?
Biethman: People always tell me I have a strong personality.

Holmes: If there is a twist, what is your best guess as to what that twist will be?
Biethman: Fans and favorites.
Holmes: If it’s fans and favorites, who would you want to see?
Biethman: I want to see Russell Hantz. (Laughs) Am I insane to want to see him? I don’t care if they bring back Colton (Cumbie). I thought they might do that for drama.
Holmes: Interesting.
Biethman: I feel like I’m on “Lost.” I’m in this weird world where everything is fake. And you guys are like the Dharma group because you know everything about us and we know nothing about you guys.
Holmes: (Laughs)
Biethman: You’re taking us to a (expletive deleted) island and you’re dropping us off.
Holmes: Namaste.
Biethman: We’re going on all of these flights. I said if I have to get on a submarine, I’m (expletive deleted) gone. I’m done.

Don’t miss the two-hour premiere of “Survivor: Caramoan – Fans vs. Favorites,” Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-01-19, 13:04

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-02-06, 15:10

So Survivor starts on Feb. 13 and The Amazing Race starts on Feb. 17. This is epic ! I don't recall that they previously started so close together in the same season, could be wrong, but regardless they contribute to rescuing us from the viewing doldrums... clap woohoo

http://www.buddytv.com/slideshows/the-amazing-race/survivor-the-amazing-race-and-big-brother-10-ways-these-reality-shows-are-different-80726.aspx

These are the only three reality shows worthy of the name.... flipout
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-02-14, 16:07

So after the first episode of S26 what can we say about the latest group of losers.....er.....respected contestants ? Rolling Eyes

Even though the Fans won the first immunity challenge I think they are in for a rough time because it looks like they have only a couple of guys with sufficient physical skills/strength to be competitive in the physical challenges and they have too many small, delicate looking women in the group. They could surprise of course. They won last night because it wasn't an extremely physical challenge and the winning part depended on throwing accuracy.

And it was ironic that the Favorites booted off Francesca first, again. She had been booted first in her previous season. Andrea almost got it, they are scared of her, but she fell one vote short in the boot vote. They will have to get rid of Phillip as soon as possible. He skates on a very, very thin edge of sanity and it is a distraction to them as well as an annoyance to the viewers, at least to me. donno

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/survivor/survivor-caramoan-recap-some-p-49220.aspx
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-02-21, 12:18

So in spite of pretty much all on the Favorites tribe agreeing that Phillip is crazy they vote off one of the young girls instead. True....she wasn't much help in the contests, but sooner than later they have to get rid of Phillip before he pulls them all down into.... affraid twister

Meanwhile the Fans tribe is still disorganized and floundering in spite of winning the immunity challenge.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-02-22, 12:03

'Survivor: Caramoan' Recap: Beware of the Bulge
Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Christopher Spicer
Contributing Writer, BuddyTV

Survivor: Caramoan may have offered up the least desired group of "favorites" ever, but the premiere episode delivered on all the glorious strategizing and flip-flopping. Unfortunately, it led to Francesca making history as the only two-time first evictee. I'll miss her wit and offhanded remarks, but luckily the second episode offers up enough excitement for me to get over her absence.

Brandon Channels Uncle Russell

I'm not the only one who didn't want to see Francesca exit, because Brandon is raging over the unfairness of voting her off first again. This Survivor episode is titled "Honey Badger" not because this had suddenly become a wildlife show, but it's what angry Brandon promises he'll turn into. His anger is actually enough to make poor, sweet Dawn cry. He also believes voting off Francesca is what guaranteed Dawn and Cochran will lose, because he apparently still hasn't figured out how the game works yet. No Brandon, Francesca getting voted out guaranteed she wasn't going to win.

Brandon continues to prove his inability to grasp the game by declaring he is going all-out Russell on his tribe. Except his uncle made deceptive moves that ensured he'd get to the end, not moves that would get the entire tribe to hate him and send him packing. The honey badger man sleeps on his rage rather than burning down the shelter, and much like the Incredible Hulk, turns back into a kind man. Cochran describes Brandon best by labeling him a sociopath.

Speaking of crazy people, the pink-underweared special agent, Phillip, has declared himself the CEO of Stealth R Us. Is this a new store where you can buy night vision goggles? No, apparently it is the name of his alliance, except all he does is give everyone nicknames. Though he really gives you perspective on how life must be with Brandon, when Phillip actually calls him crazy. Ouch.

Shamar the Goat

Shamar announce his strategy of doing nothing and sleeping all the time, because this is the secret to never getting voted off in his world. Obviously every tribe is begging for their very own version of the unemployed, slacker son. Actually, his strategy may work since the one strategic member of Gota, Sherri, wants him to be her Phillip that is dragged to the end. Of course, that makes Shamar this season's goat, and not any proof his strategy is working to actually win a million dollars. I have a feeling he may end up being far too heavy to drag along for that long, though.

Hoop Tossing Challenge

The reward and immunity challenges get combined this week, which is fine since things are actually pretty entertaining at the camps this season. The reward is fishing gear, because it is still too early for donuts and product placement. The competitors are back in the water this week as four member go on a raft that is then pulled by other members to a dock, where they then dive down to remove bamboo stick so that hoops can float to the top. The hoops are then brought back to the shore, and two other members must toss three of the hoops on to poles. Malcolm decides to be a tosser again, probably hoping to prove to his tribe that he can bring home victory.

Both tribes get to the dock at relatively the same time, but it appears Gota is stuck with people who don't like to actually be underwater. Bikal quickly retrieves all the hoops, goes back to the beach, and Malcolm has successfully landed two hoops before Gota finally retrieves every hoop. But Gota has Reynold back on hoop tossing, and it was his magic of sandbag tossing that caught them up last time. It looks like history will be repeated when he immediately lands a hoop. Of course, Bikal has a special secret agent, and he gets the last hoop on a pole before Reynold can really get some momentum. My wife called the finish once the music suddenly got all dramatic, but you need dramatic music when the pink underwear adorned agent is at work.

Malcolm the Enforcer ... for Now

Bikal seems to be one big happy family now that they won immunity and fish gear. Phillip even shows off his hot dance moves to Brenda. He also reveals his alliance along with their very crucial nicknames. No respected alliance can go far without nicknames like Dominatrix, Eliminator and True Grit. Malcolm is officially accepted into the fold when he is called the Enforcer. It appears like Malcolm only plans playing along for a few more days, and may be looking at dethroning the self-appointed CEO of Stealth R Us.

Is That a Bulge in Your Pants or Are You Just Really Stupid?

The Cool Table alliance immediately declares their desire to send Shamar home. Their prettiness may be hurting their math skills, because an alliance of four doesn't have any power in a tribe of 10. Matt and his beard of epicness swears his allegiance to the Cool Table by pledging to vote off Shamar. That lasts for a whole two seconds before he meets up with Sherri and Michael and starts discussing which Cool Table member needs to go home. I love how many players are totally into being deceptive this season, and we don't need to worry about the lame moralizing of past seasons.

Reynold goes off treasure hunting, and immediately discovers the hidden Immunity idol. Remember when people needed clues to find these things? After his discovery, Reynold promises he will be super sneaky and not let anyone figure out what he found. The poor guy will never be good enough for Stealth R Us Inc. because he seems to forget that pockets bulge when something is in them. Laura immediately figures out he has the idol.

The Abi Strategy of Idol Hiding

Tribal council is a bit more heated this week. The Cool Table continues to make their Shamar hate clear. Shamar defends his laziness by saying he is a scapegoat, which is partly correct, he just needs to remove the word "scape."

During the banter, Laura brings up that she thought the tribe was one big family. It can't be a family when someone is coming to tribal council with an Idol that he didn't tell anyone about. Reynold then prove his amazing stealth skills by then immediately revealing he does have the idol. Because it always makes sense to copy moves done by Abi from last season. Poor Reynold now looks like a kid who was told Christmas is cancelled and is on the verge of crying for the rest of council.

The Cool Table Is Missing a Leg

After the voting Probst reveals four straight parchments with Shamar's name. Eddie starts looking giddy, because he seems not to realize the Cool Table happens to consist of four people. The party ends when Allie's name shows up six straight thus ending her run. The Cool Table is also now very lopsided. Allie is obviously the smartest choice, since she also seems to be the only one in that alliance that understands strategy.

Sherri's alliance seems solid, and they might be picking off the beautiful people. Though that can only happen if the tribe can actually put up with Shamar for much longer.

Compete in Fantasy TV: Make your picks on who you think will be going home. Hurry, you have until February 27 at 12pm PST to cast your vote!

Want to add Survivor to your very own watch-list? Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.

What strategy will be the most disastrous?
Copy Russell without any of the strategy
35%
Always complain when not sleeping
30%
Hide large idol in small pocket
20%
Align with most disliked player on tribe
10%
Agree to be called Dominatrix
5%
Spend all day coming up with nicknames
0%
Total Votes: 20
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-03-07, 17:16

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/survivor/survivor-caramoan-recap-sand-i-49441.aspx

Having Shamar leave for medical reasons was the best thing that could have happened to the Gota tribe, since they couldn't seem to muster the votes to boot him and his attitude was poisonous to tribal cohesiveness.

Judging by the preview next week Brandon finally succumbs to the sociopathic gene running through the Hantz family (if the Big Brother producers find yet another Hantz this season to wreak havoc on our sensibilities, we will be very sick ) and dumps the tribes container of rice on the ground. Rolling Eyes
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-03-09, 11:56

Holmes: Did you think Shamar was looking for a way out when he went down with the eye injury?
Alexander: Absolutely. Shamar tried to quit the day before. Any time Shamar left the shelter he was injured in some shape or form. It was just something else to bitch about. When he got a couple of grains of sand in his eye I was like, “Are you kidding me?” And then when Jeff came to the island I think they thought, “Here we go, let’s give Shamar a big dramatic exit, just like he wants it to be.” I was pretty shocked at that time though because Shamar was a big part of my strategy, a big part of my alliance. He was a guaranteed vote for me no matter what.
Holmes: They made it seem like Sherri was protecting him. How safe was he? Because it seemed like he was, for lack of a better term, a “cancer” around camp.
Alexander: He was a cancer around camp to everybody else, even to Sherri and I. It was difficult to live with him and deal with him on a daily basis. But, Sherri and I saw him as an opportunity. The more Shamar caused havoc, the greater it was for Sherri and I because he soaked up attention. Nobody looked at me and said, “We need to get the weakest link out.”
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-03-14, 13:41

That was without a doubt the weirdest episode in Survivor history. Probst had his hands full keeping Brandon under control but ultimately did a good job even if the women on the Favorites tribe were sobbing and cowering in fear. Probst asked Brandon that in light of his uncle Russell being the most notorious player in Survivor history (he didn't mention Russell being kicked off Big Brother by the producers) was there something in the Hantz family genes that caused them to behave as they do ? Brandon babbled something about them being proud and dedicated, etc. Rolling Eyes Then the vote was taken and Brandon was booted unanimously removing a cancer from the body of the Favorites tribe.

Christopher Spicer

Brandon Breakdown Escalates

Phillip regales the tribe with the super spy skills that allowed him to win the challenge. Brandon apparently is upset he isn't being congratulated for dropping his net full of coconuts. Phillip tries to comfort him with his words of wisdom, but Brandon is allergic to wisdom so he freaks out on Phillip. Brandon then shows his crazy eyes and yells enough so his family can hear him back home, while the rest of his tribe makes "please, don't kill me" faces. Phillip reveals that he isn't scared, because he is a street fighter, which we all obviously knew by looking at his pink underwear.

Phillip and Brandon try to work things out, but crazy talking to crazy isn't how you make peace. Phillip tries his best Boston Rob by assuring Brandon he is fine and safe, but planning to send him packing off Survivor. Phillip actually contemplates throwing the next challenge to get rid of Brandon, because that worked so well in his season. He reveals his plans to Andrea, and she proves to be such a great second in command by immediately ratting him out to Brandon. This is where it gets fun.

In a move that I assume was playing for his family, Brandon dumps all the rice and beans out of their containers, but graciously decides not to pee on them. Brandon then begs for Phillip to vote him out, because he seems to have completely confused himself in how to play this game. Brandon then taunts Phillip, but apparently, not enough to bring out the super street fighter. The general consensus now seems to be to forfeit the challenge, because a raving lunatic doesn't make life on an island bearable.

Immunity Challenges Look a Lot Like Tribal Council

This challenge has giant boxes and a rampway, and I'm sure it will be the best challenge of all time. We don't get to see it, because Brandon wants to speak to the Fans. He unleashes a slew of enlightening words, which essentially come down to "Please, don't let Phillip get to the end." This obviously confuses the Fans and Probst, but Corinne clarifies things by announcing their forfeit. Brandon then decides to rip into the rest of his tribe for pretending to care about the Fans, because he can be the only person that really likes them since he is an underdog too. I'm sure the Fans are overjoyed to know Brandon has their backs.

Probst asks Brandon to come over to him, since I think Probst fears the first ever Survivor homicide.
Brandon rambles on about how proud he is that he never cried, because again, he doesn't understand how you actually win this game. He does succeed in making Andrea cry and causes poor Dawn to gasp for air. Brandon then takes his hatred off his entire tribe, and goes back to spewing venom on Phillip. His best insult ends up being "Super Spy Agent 3.0", which I assume he spent the previous day thinking up. Phillip then tries to verbally dress down Brandon, but makes the mistake of talking about his kids, which causes Brandon to almost shoot fireballs from his eyes. The end result is the Immunity Idol goes to the Fans, and we have the first Tribal Council in Survivor history replacing the planned challenge right on the course.

The conclusion is pretty obvious this time, but Probst still lets Brandon vote for Phillip. The end result isn't in doubt as the rest of the tribe votes off Brandon. Probst has the sense to have Brandon walk out nowhere near his tribe. Brandon wishes the Fans victory, and with his vote of confidence, how could they possibly lose? Probst then sends off the tribes, but without shouting "Favorites Win". Poor Reynold just never gets his way, does he?

Next week, we'll find out if the Fans got any kind of momentum. The preview seems to hint that we may have a tribal swap, which will make things very interesting. How will Phillip survive with his "Stealth R Us" torn apart? Maybe just maybe, a tribal swap means Brenda gets more than just one line next week.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-03-15, 18:29

Brandon's Mental Breakdown: The Moment 'Survivor' Stopped Entertaining
Thursday, March 14, 2013

Gina Pusateri

Survivor is a seasoned veteran of reality TV. In its 25 seasons preceding the current cycle of Survivor Caramon: Fans vs. Favorites, producers have managed to keep the show fresh by adding little strategic twists here and there while maintaining the same format and certain amount of predictability that keep bringing fans back.

The only thing that remains unpredictable season after season are the people who play.

On last night's episode, one of the show's most unpredictable players Brandon Hantz had a meltdown. "Meltdown" may not even be the appropriate word. In past seasons, "meltdown" may have meant a player shedding some tears about missing home or being physically and emotionally exhausted due to the toll the elements and lack of food took on them over the course of the game. What happened to Brandon was an all-out mental breakdown.

It was clear that Brandon had been stewing little by little since he returned to the game after being a contestant on Survivor: South Pacific. Even on that show he seemed a little unstable, often having irrational outbursts that were excused by his youth and inability to control his emotions. But according to this EW interview with Jeff Probst, Brandon passed the same rigorous psychological tests that all of the contestants are put through before deploying to the island.

Not to mention the outside pressure Brandon must have felt coming into the game. Brandon's always struggled with separating his image from that of his uncle Russell Hantz, who is one of the most notorious villains in Survivor (and maybe even reality TV) history. But his relation to Russell is likely the only reason he was put on the show in the first place, and probably one, if not the only, reason he came back to play again.

Things started to change in last night's episode when Brandon started to become visibly agitated by his tribe mate Phillip Sheppard (which doesn't seem that abnormal, considering Phillip is extremely irritating). Not only were his tribe mates instantly aware that something was off about Brandon's behavior, but viewers could see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice in his confessionals. Brandon was taking his anger way outside the parameters of game and starting to show violent tendencies toward Philip well before he threatened to act upon these violent thoughts at the immunity challenge.

The moment Brandon proceeded to dump the entire food supply of his fellow tribe mates is the second Survivor stopped being entertaining to me, and I say that as a loyal fan and legitimate lover of this show. At that moment, it stopped being a show that is a fun and light-hearted social experiment and turned into something too real for reality TV.
Come on Gina ! Rolling Eyes There is nothing too real for reality TV short of cruelty to animals or someone dying.

In my opinion, the minute the rice and beans hit the ground is when there should have been producer intervention. The other people in Brandon's tribe are existing in a somewhat self-governing little bubble outside of the real world. At that moment, the producers had already failed to protect them and guarantee their physical safety from other players within this bubble. The least they could have done to attempt to rectify the situation would be to immediately remove Brandon.
As long as a player doesn't physically assault another player or come close to doing so they will not remove them. Last season on Big Brother when Russel Hantz followed the other house guest with clenched fists and saying , "What did you say ?", he was immediately booted by the producers.

I'm not saying that they left Brandon in the game and allowed the blow-up at the immunity challenge to happen merely to score ratings or create a controversy or new "plot twist." Jeff Probst said in the aforementioned interview that this was a situation they have never been faced with before. What I am saying is that what Brandon was dealing with was clearly a chemical imbalance, and as such, it should have been treated like any other physical injury that has occurred on the show, with an examination by a medical professional.
And just how do they determine, out there in the jungle, what a "chemical imbalance" is ? scratch With a Hantz they are dealing with a genetic makeup, that should be obvious by now.

That said, I do realize that I am formulating my opinion with the benefit of hindsight. At the immunity challenge, Jeff once again displayed why he is TV's greatest host by not only maintaining control of Brandon (as well as the other people in the game) but also appeasing him. But now that something like this has happened, I hope that the producers can formulate a more effective plan for if it happens again that will not bring embarrassment and discomfort to everyone in the game as well as the viewers.
It looked like it did bring embarrassment and discomfort to the female tribe-mates, the men didn't seem to be bothered. But this sort of thing would never bring "embarrassment and discomfort " to the TV viewer. We are made of sterner stuff ! And we know by now that whenever a Hantz is involved regardless of the show, tension and discord will reign. We can only assume that now the various producers of the CBS reality shows have learned their lesson and the Hantz string of appearances has played itself out for good. But wouldn't it be a hoot if there is a female Hantz lurking down there in Texas, just waiting for her chance to come on a show and wreak havoc ! roflmao

Mental illness is a serious thing. And while I've never been a fan of Brandon "the player," my heart truly goes out to him and as his family for what will be a life-long struggle for Brandon "the person."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57574409/brandon-hantz-im-not-very-good-at-survivor/

http://survivor.wikia.com/wiki/Russell_Hantz

http://survivor.wikia.com/wiki/Brandon_Hantz

Do you think producers should have intervened with Brandon?
Yes
67%
No
33%
Total Votes: 27
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-03-21, 11:44

After last week's fireworks this was a rather tame episode even if the expected tribe shakeup/realignment occurred giving the fans a somewhat better chance of future survival. It also puts Phillip more in the spotlight, with Brandon's lunacy gone, and Phillip's lunacy now more exposed.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/survivor/survivor-caramoan-recap-the-gr-49593.aspx
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-03-25, 11:47

This is really tragic and you wouldn't expect a 25 year old to be the victim. On the U.S. version there are often older people who don't look to be in great shape and we sometimes wonder if they will make it. There have been medical evacuations over the course of the 26 seasons but they are always for physical injuries, infections, etc.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/french-survivor-season-canceled-death-430640
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-03-28, 16:04

Cochran stated perhaps the most succinct reason to watch this season;

"You can't make up this level of delusion and that's what excites me about playing with Phillip".

He's right of course and as originally cast in a previous season as a 'super fan' he thinks about this stuff a lot.

It is bizarre to watch Phillip "perform" knowing that he seems rational, can walk and talk and feed himself, yet lives in some bizarre world of his own making, transferring it to what he believes is reality and expects everyone else to see the wisdom of his ways. This is his second casting, I don't know how many more seasons he's got in him. At least he is harmless to himself and others, unlike any Hantz.

(go here for bios):
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-04-18, 16:34

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/survivor/survivor-caramoan-recap-most-s-49864.aspx

I don't know if I'd call it the "most shocking", but it certainly was the most bizarre tribal council in 16 years. But at least Phillip is now gone, allowing for sanity to return to the tribe, albeit with a loss of "entertainment" on the part of the audience. geek :what?:
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-04-20, 16:54

I just discovered this but I don't think it's necessary to watch it to learn anything important, unlike The Talking Dead.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/after-show/?ttag=mktg_sas_hub_pg_0214_ron
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-04-25, 13:15

I thought it was silly of Malcolm to not keep on looking for the immunity idol even though Andrea was dogging him. He could have found it with the clue and dug it out. What could she have done....try to snatch it away ? Not likely. Rolling Eyes

Malcolm tries to do some early morning idol hunting. Andrea suddenly plays the role of tag along, and won't allow him to do anything alone. She confesses to be paranoid about being the next target, and refuses to let him out of her sight in case he finds the idol. She hounds Malcolm and he fails at being able to find anything. Malcolm is now scared he wasted all that money at the auction, because maybe he was craving some pork brain. "

Malcolm is flipping out that he can't go look for an idol. He is constantly being tailed by the girls. I'm not sure why he just doesn't try to find it right in the open like last time, considering this is his big chance to stay in the game. Malcolm resorts to trying to secure an alliance with Sherri, instead. He pitches the majority will need to split the vote, since they won't know if the Amigos have an idol. Sherri starts thinking she might join the "muscle heads," though her confessional seems half-hearted at best. She pledges her full support in front of Malcolm.

Last Stand at Tribal Council

A very grumpy looking Special Agent shows up on the jury. Reynold mentions it isn't six on three anymore and thinks it is the time for a major flip. Andrea counters by stating it doesn't make sense to flip with the powerhouses who are tight with each other. Sherri admits right in the open she has thought about flipping to avoid being at the bottom. Andrea is 80% convinced Malcolm has the idol, which is interesting since she has stalked him the entire time.

It ends up being a three-way tie as neither Sherri nor Erik flip. Cochran gets his delicious moment as they revote, and Malcolm did blow his auction money after all. Malcolm will be remembered for an amazing play at the last Tribal Council, but unfortunately, it ended up just delaying his exit. The power group now seems to be Andrea, Dawn, and Cochran.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-05-09, 14:43

Well that was a bummer ! Brenda gets booted from the Final 6 after sacrificing her chance to see her sister, and have a B-B-Q on a yacht, and gives the privilege to the other 4, who then blind side her and vote her off ! Brutal ! She said as she departed, "I was always honest with you guys", and she was, and then sobbing in her post-eviction statement. Cry

It will serve them right if Cochran the geek superfan wins the million, even though he was one of the ones voting Brenda off..... tongue
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-05-13, 16:33

I was glad to see Cochran win, as were most people. I was disappointed that Brenda didn't win the $100k fan favorite prize. Malcolm beat her out 36% to 35% of the vote. She's pregnant now, almost due, so she had to stay home in Miami and appeared on the studio finale by satellite.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/survivor/survivor-caramoan-finale-recap-50101.aspx

The clues given for where season 27 will be weren't good enough for me to guess, but it will be figured out pretty quickly I'm sure.

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down