The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Violet & Daisy

2 posters

Go down

Violet & Daisy Empty Violet & Daisy

Post  Banjo 2013-06-07, 15:50

I would never have guessed that Alexis Bledel is 31. But the fact that she can still play a teenager says something..... two thumbs up

Bledel Goes from Good Girl to Deadly Assassin in ‘Violet & Daisy’

by Laura Hibbs | June 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM | Celebrity Interview, General, In Theaters, Movies

Bledel in 'Violet & Daisy' (Photo: Cinedigm)

From innocent Rory Gilmore to gun-wielding teen assassin? Alexis Bledel makes the shocking transition in this weekend’s new movie release, “Violet & Daisy.”

Written and directed by Oscar-winning “Precious” screenwriter Geoffrey Fletcher, the thriller follows the story of two teenage freelance assassins who team up for a job in order to purchase dresses designed by their celebrity idol.

Bledel, 31, plays the deeply traumatized, tough-talking Violet opposite Saoirse Ronan, who portrays the far more docile —but equally deadly— Daisy.

The girls form an unlikely bond with their target, played by “Sopranos” veteran James Gandolfini, and are forced to reevaluate their decisions.

I recently spoke with Bledel about the film, why she decided to tackle this deadly role, and if James Gandolfini gave her any tips on playing a killer.

Laura Hibbs: What attracted you to Violet?

Alexis Bledel: I suppose I was excited about the prospect of playing such an intensely traumatized character. The way she reacts to what she has been through in her life is very specific. She is easily reckless. She has a lot of qualities that I don’t have myself, so it was interesting to explore and see how far I could stretch the performance.

Hibbs: Your character is literally willing to kill for a dress. Do you think this type of intense yearning for material items exists outside the movie?

Bledel: Not exactly as such. In a way, this story is a fable about a lot of different things… friendship, materialism, different forms of love, redemption. It is the kind of film that requires the audience to suspend disbelief. The film doesn’t have a real-life tone. You are going somewhere else.

Hibbs: There is a lot of gun violence in the film. Were you hesitant at all to join the cast?

Bledel and Ronan in 'Violet & Daisy'
Bledel: Anytime there is violence in a movie it is something that has to be thought about responsibly. I remained in a place where I was mostly concerned with what is true to Violet in the moment, coming from her past and trying to make her way in this unique world. The film starts in one place and ends up in a starkly different place and along the way blends a lot of different genres. The result is something unexpected. I know that is something that Geoffrey [Fletcher] set out to do, to defy expectations. We all dove into this unique universe he created head first and we were up for the journey.
Hibbs: You recently did a controversial stint on “Mad Men,” and now this movie. Are you knowingly taking on these roles to get away from your “Gilmore Girls” image?
Bledel: I like playing as large a variety of characters that I can, I think most actors do. I always just gravitate towards the material that speaks to me. Sometimes you are presented with more unique challenges than other times. I think the thing is to be courageous and truthful and true to the character you are playing each time. That is all I feel I can do as an actor.

Hibbs: What was it like working so closely with Saoirse Ronan?

Bledel: Saoirse is such an incredible talent. The strange world that these two characters live in, it is really just the two of them. It all kind of came from the dialogue. Saying those words, in the very unique way that they are written, to each other, it was almost instant to find the dynamic.

Hibbs: Did James Gandolfini give you any tips on how to play a killer?

Bledel: It is a pretty crazy thought to be playing a teenage assassin who is trying to off a character played by the same actor who played Tony Soprano. I love “The Sopranos.” To see him in this role is so cool because he definitely is going against that type. He gives such a great and very cool performance.

Banjo
Banjo

Violet & Daisy Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Violet & Daisy Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Violet & Daisy Empty Re: Violet & Daisy

Post  Rus 2013-06-07, 19:40

Looks like the reviews aren't too good. I'll wait until it shows on a movie channel. I would have never guessed she was 31. Both those girls have really bright blue eyes. Two Hearts If people still notice that sort of thing...
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-06-08, 17:51

Well yes, some people still notice that sort of thing. The "best blue eyes" in any current show I think belong to Scottie Thompson, just starting on Graceland. Her's aren't just blue but are that 'piercing blue' that makes strong men whimper..... roflmao Cutie
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum