The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway record...

2 posters

Go down

Broadway record... Empty Broadway record...

Post  Banjo 2014-07-01, 16:39

Holy!.......with those ticket prices it's no wonder it made $1.6 million ! For a week !That's hard to believe ! But with his rep. since Breaking Bad, I guess they packed them in every night. The subject matter, imho, was about as uninteresting as imaginable, but he did a good job.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=875476>1=28101

If my math is correct they would have to have 1440 attendees for each of the 8 performances, assuming each paid the average ticket price of $141.  I'll check that again.....

yeah....that looks about right accounting for round-offs. Each performance made about $203 k !

I guess a 1440 seating capacity is feasible for a Broadway show, knowing NOTHING about the venues there, and considering that the largest theater at UNM can seat about 2100.
Banjo
Banjo

Broadway record... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Broadway record... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Broadway record... Empty Re: Broadway record...

Post  Berry 2014-07-03, 03:44

Yes, that sounds about right for seating. The Belasco (which I like a lot) seats about 1000 and the newer theaters somewhat more than that. Still there is a sense of intimacy in the NYC theaters that I never find elsewhere. We have beautiful, newly built theaters in Jacksonville but they seat so many(nearly 3000 at the Florida Times Union Center) that you feel more like your in the bleachers at a football game.   tongue
Berry
Berry

Broadway record... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Broadway record... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down