The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BB day 20/25

Go down

BB day 20/25 Empty BB day 20/25

Post  Banjo 2014-07-14, 11:43

With Donny winning the POV they are still on track to boot Devin on Thursday. The alternate plan to boot Caleb instead is bogus. Devin is the bigger threat overall and a continuing source of dissension and drama if he were to remain.  The obvious original plan is for Donny to use the POV to take Jocasta off the block, renom. Devin to take her place (all of which is still agreeable to everyone) then boot Devin. But now some supposedly want to boot Caleb instead.  scratch 

Saturday, July 12, 2014
'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 3 Power of Veto?

John Kubicek
Senior Writer, BuddyTV

Now that we're past the extended first week and the Fourth of July falling in week 2, Big Brother 16 is back to a regular schedule. That means the Power of Veto competition takes place Saturday afternoon, and with the plan to backdoor Devin, there's only one thing that can mess it up. Well, maybe a few things.

SPOILER WARNING: This article contains Big Brother 16 spoilers.

HoH Derrick nominated Jocasta and Caleb. HoH Nicole nominated Amber and Donny. Amber and Donny won the Battle of the Block (and as a result, dethroned HoH Nicole is in a frog costume for the rest of the week). Devin, Donny and Christine were picked to play in the PoV competition.

Donny won the Power of Veto!

Wow, Donny has now won two PoV competitions, I don't think anyone saw that coming. And now the Double Ds have won the first three PoVs. Donny is undefeated in PoV comps. He's now in rarefied air, winning two of the first three PoVs. Others to do this are season 6's James Rhine, season 8's Daniele Donato, Matt and Natalie in season 9, Brendon Villegas in both seasons 12 and 13 and Shane Meaney in season 14 (who won the first three in a row).

The competition was a face-off where one HG challenged another. Christine challenged Devin and lost, Derrick challenged Devin and lost, Donny challenged Devin and won and the final battle was Caleb vs. Donny, with Donny winning, Jocasta is so sick that, despite being one of the nominees, she did not participate in the competition.

This puts Donny in the middle, but it sounds like he's going to use it to save Jocasta and Devin will go up as the replacement nominee. That's when things will get interesting.

With Devin vs. Caleb, a lot of people are going to start to think about getting rid of Caleb instead of Devin. Nicole and Hayden are already scheming to do it and will try to rally Victoria, Brittany, Jocasta and Donny, aka the Outsiders (or non-Bomb Squad members).

However, will they be able to convince the rest of the house that this is a good move? Derrick seems eager to keep Caleb while Cody is on the fence, so this could divide the house. Just when I thought everything would be simple, it's not.

There's bound to be plenty of plotting and scheming on the live feeds over the next several days as some people try to get Caleb evicted instead of Devin. It would be hilarious if, two weeks in a row, someone who voluntarily tried to throw the Battle of the Block competition winds up going home. However, HGs have mentioned that Caleb didn't actually throw it because he couldn't, but rather Jocasta blew the competition because she was so sick. Since Friday afternoon, she's been throwing up and laying in bed.

Do you think Hayden and Nicole will succeed in turning the house around to evict Caleb? Or will Devin remain the target and go home on Thursday?

The Have-Nots

In addition, after the PoV competition, the Have-Nots were chosen. Devin, Amber, Caleb and Hayden all volunteered. Christine originally offered, but since she is allergic to flour and can't eat gluten, Hayden took her place. In addition to slop, they can eat Tortillas, Tripe and Tomatillos. This is Hayden's second week, but the first week for the others. After just three weeks, there are only five HGs left who haven't been Have-Nots: Donny, Frankie, Christine, Nicole and Jocasta.
Banjo
Banjo

BB day 20/25 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100BB day 20/25 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

BB day 20/25 Empty Re: BB day 20/25

Post  Banjo 2014-07-14, 14:21

The "Back Door" concept explained here; often a point of confusion amongst viewers who are not members of the Powerful and Influential Members of the Viewer Class, such as myself.  Rolling Eyes 

Big Brother Encourages Derrick: Call It ‘Backdoor’ – But It’s Not

Posted: 14 Jul 2014 08:30 AM PDT

The Houseguests on Big Brother 16 have been working toward a goal for days now: evict Devin, but nothing is that simple especially with a player as strong and capable as Devin Shepherd. The situation called for a special approach, the ol’ Big Brother Backdoor.

When A Backdoor Isn’t A Backdoor On Big Brother

Here’s how a classic “Backdoor” works on Big Brother. You’ve got a powerful target that you fear could win Veto and take him or herself off the block and avoid eviction. So, you don’t give the target that chance. You use two pawns as nominees with the intention of replacing one of them at the Veto Ceremony with the original target who now has no choice but to face the eviction vote.

3 required elements: An original target not nominated; Does not participate in Veto comp; Renom’d to face eviction vote. Simple enough, right? Not anymore thanks to changes in the game.

Back in the day the HGs had the choice to pick Veto players, but eventually production changed that to a blind draw method to avoid complete control and keep some chance in the game. Once that change was put in to place it became that much more difficult to implement a Backdoor. The target now had a chance at being drawn to play for safety even if they weren’t originally nominated.

This week the HGs tried for a Backdoor, it didn’t happen. Devin was drawn to play in the PoV comp, but they lucked out and he lost. Devin will most likely get evicted, but it won’t be a Backdoor.

Why not a BD? Devin had the chance to compete for the Veto and secure his safety, just as he would have if he were originally nominated, something the Backdoor is designed to avoid. It’s the entire purpose of the move: no escape, and it didn’t happen. The intended “bypass” of the process failed and so it’s not technically a Backdoor anymore.

Last night, Flashback to 9:01PM BBT Cams 3/4, Derrick spoke with Frankie and Victoria about the situation. Derrick questioned if this would really be a Backdoor as a few days ago he pointed out it was not technically a Backdoor anymore. Now he has been told in the Diary Room that yes, he should call it that anyway. Production loves a good story line and here it is.

But hey, if we’re just throwing around participation trophies for “close enough” then lets congratulate California Chrome on his “close enough” Triple Crown win even though he didn’t get that pesky third step win at Belmont.

Credit & thanks goes to @BBFeedster for the heads up on Devin’s discussion.

Diary Room – Judd Daugherty: Puzzles, Hangovers, & Sunburns In Week 3

Posted: 14 Jul 2014 08:00 AM PDT

I just finished watching Big Brother episode 09 and I have to admit nothing really surprised me this week after watching and reading about the Live Feeds. I must say that this may be one of my favorite casts yet. There are so many root-able players this season.
Judd Daugherty on Big Brother

Judd Daugherty on Big Brother – Source: CBS

When Nicole and Derrick were discussing their nominee choices I was very interested to see how it would pan out because I missed it on the feeds but I did read about it. I think that it is extremely wreck less that Caleb would risk himself for Amber and I think this could be a move that he may regret FOREVER!!!! After Nicole’s talk with Donny we see him talking in the living room (horrible place to talk game) but he’s talking to Brittany and Jocasta about what he had discussed with Nicole and Amber walks by and decides to go spill the beans.

With all the paranoia that goes on in the game I can see why that made it an easy choice for Nicole to put Donny on the block. When we see Caleb talking to Amber in the bee room you can tell that he wanted to win her over by saying that he was going to throw the battle of the block for her. I mean of course she is going to be happy but I don’t think she is digging him at all. It’s kind of turning into a Pepé Le Pew show with those two.

I don’t think anyone was shocked by the nominations. Nicole nominated Donny and Amber and then Derrick nominated Caleb and Jocasta and with the information that Donny shared with Jocasta she did not look very happy to be nominated but I mean who the hell could blame her. We see Devins cocky smirk that he always has and he clearly knows since he is not nominated that he has more than a high chance of being back doored.

I was happy that Team America got their mission and I thought that it was hilarious that they were spreading that Amanda from BB15 was related to Zach and I think that it is very clever that they decided to say that Zach told Paola that information because she isn’t there and can’t be confronted about it. I hope that they succeed in their missions and that it doesn’t hurt Derrick or Donny’s games.

Battle of the Block was a puzzle and I immediately wanted to hurl cause I despise everything about puzzles even if I’m not doing them. I hate puzzles about as much as I hate hangovers and sunburns. I think nobody was shocked that Donny and Amber won this competition. But I did feel really bad for Jocasta you could tell how sick she was as the credits were rolling and Big Brother is not a great place to be when you feel sick. Based on what I have seen and read about from the feeds she was very sick and didn’t get to compete in the veto competition. Those daytime competitions are gruesome with the heat so I really feel for her.

I love that Donny has won the veto and that he is more than likely going to use it on Jocasta. I really like Donny he’s such a genuine person and has the best heart I’ve seen on Big Brother. I think this will be an interesting week if Caleb is up against Devin. Anytime you feel comfortable in that house, you are more than likely getting evicted soon! With Cody, Zach, Frankie, Hayden, Donny, and Amber considering getting Caleb out I think things will really get intense this week. Will this veto meeting be as intense as last week?!?! I can’t wait to watch and see!

Be sure to keep up with Judd online:
Twitter @JUDDNATION
INSTAGRAM @juddnationbb15
My website is juddnation.com (lots of videos with alumni – more to come)
Find me on Beamly

Also check out www.heartsofreality.com and check out the charity and donate under different reality tv personalities at the bottom of the page. It’s for a great cause which is Give Kids the World which will take place in Orlando at the end of the July.

Banjo
Banjo

BB day 20/25 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100BB day 20/25 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum