The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spartacus, Blood and Sand

Go down

Spartacus, Blood and Sand Empty Spartacus, Blood and Sand

Post  Banjo 2014-08-19, 14:41

So this is the Starz series brought to SyFy minus the swearing, sex, nudity, but it's still pretty good and keeps me busy looking up names to see if they are historical characters. Some are, besides Spartacus. Here's a couple:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But they also used this guys name who on the show is a competitor to Batiatus for buying the best gladiators. But he lived way too early....

Banjo
Banjo

Spartacus, Blood and Sand Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Spartacus, Blood and Sand Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Spartacus, Blood and Sand Empty Re: Spartacus, Blood and Sand

Post  Banjo 2014-10-06, 15:43

This continues to be interesting. It helps if you like ancient history. The episodes are now up to the time after the gladiators revolt, slaughter Batiatus and most of his family, but his wife escaped (played by Lucy Lawless) who is now traumatized and mentally ill. While Spartacus and Crixus have formed a gladiator army , of sorts, but are still afraid the Roman army will catch up to them as they raid the various villas of the noblemen. I found this site which helps with the references.

One thing that I don't see in the list of minor gods are the "Sprites" which were small gods that flitted about the gardens of the elites and kept their flowers and vegetables safe. Of course they hadn't yet discovered the concept of pollination. roflmao
Banjo
Banjo

Spartacus, Blood and Sand Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Spartacus, Blood and Sand Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down