The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ex Machina

2 posters

Go down

Ex Machina Empty Ex Machina

Post  Banjo 2015-04-25, 11:09

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470752/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

After seeing the very positive review of this in the paper, I decided I needed to see it right away. The reviewer thinks it's the best S-F movie of the year (apparently without seeing the rest of the big crop of S-F movies coming out this summer) and even thinks it could be the best movie of the year, period.

She might be right about it being the best S-F movie, but S-F movies are rarely if ever given the major awards.

Anyway, my critique says that it is a very innovative and fresh look at the rather commonly done A.I. plot line in S-F movies and I'm still trying to figure out the special effects or CGI, or whatever it was that they used to "create" the robot "inside" the real actress. That's the only way I can describe it, but it's very unique.

But basically this is really hard core S-F and will appeal to such a fan, since as long-time S-F fans they look for the philosophical speculations as to what the ramifications of current technologies and concepts will have when carried out to the  future.

The movie has no car chases, explosions, gun battles, mass wreckage, alien invasions, or general mayhem so the fan of the Avengers, Transformers, Mad Max , Independence Day, etc. will not "get it".

I had never heard of any of the actors but they do a good job, especially the "robot', which is technically an android but that word is never used.

It's definitely worth seeing. It won't take in more than a fraction of the box office of this summers S-F 'blockbusters' soon to hit the screens. I will see all of them, resulting in about 10 times more movie going during the period than I usually do.

A partial list.....

The Avengers:Age of Ultron
Mad Max:Fury Road
The latest Terminator....
Jurassic World.....just saw a clip of this on the Tonight Show. Looks good.
Tomorrow Land. Looks a lot different than the Tomorrow Land movie in the 80's and the TV series.  Britt Robertson's latest big role....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1964418/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1
Banjo
Banjo

Ex Machina Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Ex Machina Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Ex Machina Empty Re: Ex Machina

Post  Berry 2015-04-25, 13:10

Good summer for Nerd-dom. two thumbs up
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2015-04-25, 14:20

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/gallery/meet-the-avengers-a-guide-to-age-of-ultron-characters/ss-AAbEpr5#image=1

Elizabeth Olsen was on Fallon last night. I thought she might be one of the Olsen twins, but obviously not after seeing her..... Cutie But she is their sister, and doesn't look like this pic:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0647634/?ref_=fn_nm_nm_1

"I'm the curvy one of the family."...an understatement............roflmao
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2015-04-25, 20:54

You convinced me about Ex Machina. I'm off to see it in the theater tonight. two thumbs up
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2015-04-27, 11:21

Let us know what you think of it. Meanwhile I'm preparing for Avengers this Friday.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2015-04-27, 11:41

A young man working for a big company wins a trip out to a remote location to spend a week with the reclusive genius behind the company. Is the boss man a good guy, a bad guy? Can or did he achieve a real AI being. Is that being good or bad? Can human beings have real feelings for an AI being and vice versa. Oh yes, it is interesting. And that special effect for the actress....amazeballs! two thumbs up
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2015-04-27, 11:45

Scenery very spectacular. Don't know where the exterior shots were filmed.... scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2015-04-27, 13:31

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down