The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mad Max:Fury Road

Go down

Mad Max:Fury Road Empty Mad Max:Fury Road

Post  Banjo 2015-05-15, 16:25

This is getting really good reviews, 4 stars from the AP reviewer in the Journal, unusual for an S-F movie. Probably see it tomorrow.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=mad+max+reviews&form=PRUSEN&mkt=en-us&refig=788d2d85012748fe91ebb1afaa19052f&qs=PS&pq=mad+&sc=8-4&sp=1&cvid=788d2d85012748fe91ebb1afaa19052f

On a talk show this week, Theron said that there is very little CGI.  The opposite of what I had assumed. I can't imagine how they did some of those scenes without someone getting killed !   It's filmed in Namibia. Her role is getting a lot of two thumbs up
Banjo
Banjo

Mad Max:Fury Road Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mad Max:Fury Road Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Mad Max:Fury Road Empty Re: Mad Max:Fury Road

Post  Banjo 2015-05-21, 11:46

If you like the Mad Max movies, you will like this one. It is perhaps the "ultimate" Mad Max in terms of visuals. And just as Charlize (who gives a 'killer' performance) said in interviews, they used very little CGI. Which brings up several points:

1. The stunt people really earned their money. Of course the cast did too given the physical things they had to perform.

2. It's a wonder no one was killed during the filming.

3. The mechanisms and wild mechanical sets are very innovative, nothing like them in earlier MM.

4. The ending is set up for a sequel but I can't imagine how they can top this one, at least visually..... scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Mad Max:Fury Road Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mad Max:Fury Road Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down