[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This looks pretty good...... scratch

-me-
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Re: The Expanse

Post  Banjo on 2015-12-16, 13:03

It will take me a few more episodes to work out the "plot convolutions", but so far no complaints. There is sort of a "space opera" feel to it, not that that is a bad thing as long as the space ship explosions don't get too common.... scratch

-me-
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus on 2015-12-17, 20:12

I have it DVRed so I'll check it out.
Rus
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo on 2016-01-30, 12:49

I'm not that impressed after several eps but there are a couple of 'cultural artifacts' transported to the 23rd Century which are interesting and shows that the writers/producers have 'done their homework'.....in the latest episode in the scene where the two guys are riding the 'space ferry', one of them says that he's going to the Mormon space station, "Navoo". This is why that's interesting and how many viewer/geeks knows the significance ?

Then when the ferry gets there we briefly see the station which incorporates a giant, golden statue of a 'guy' blowing a long, skinny horn. What's the significance of that ?....a present day artifact of some Mormon temples, including the one just east of here...

-me-
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus on 2016-02-01, 12:39

Mormons in Space! two thumbs up

Yes this series has some good and interesting story lines, as well as characters. And then some obscure and as you mentioned convoluted plot lines that make the story drag. Or the presentation of them is slow and uninteresting. Thomas Jane's character is much improved now that he ditched the stupid hat. I think the events in space with the attack & destruction of the Canterbury and who attacked is the most interesting story.

See below plot summery:

"Two hundred years in the future, in a fully colonized Solar System, police detective Josephus Miller (Thomas Jane), born in the asteroid belt, is given the assignment to find a missing young woman, Julie Mao (Florence Faivre). Meanwhile, James Holden (Steven Strait), the Executive Officer of the ice freighter Canterbury, is involved in a tragic incident that threatens to destabilize Earth, Mars and the Belt. Far away from their struggles in space, Chrisjen Avasarala (Shohreh Aghdashloo), a United Nations executive, works to prevent war between Earth and Mars by any means necessary. Soon, the three find out that the missing woman and the ice freighter's fate are part of a vast conspiracy that threatens all humanity."

Rus
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo on 2016-02-01, 13:35

Yes, the action in space is usually more interesting than the "surface" action. The political wranglings between Earth/Mars/and 'Belters', is too obscure and far removed from our experiences to be extrapolated well. imho.

-me-
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum