The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey ! Why isn't Independence: Resurgence....

3 posters

Go down

Hey ! Why isn't Independence: Resurgence.... Empty Hey ! Why isn't Independence: Resurgence....

Post  Banjo 2016-04-15, 13:13

Banjo
Banjo

Hey ! Why isn't Independence: Resurgence.... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hey ! Why isn't Independence: Resurgence.... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Hey ! Why isn't Independence: Resurgence.... Empty Re: Hey ! Why isn't Independence: Resurgence....

Post  Berry 2016-04-15, 22:30

I don't know. I'm looking forward to seeing it. two thumbs up
Berry
Berry

Hey ! Why isn't Independence: Resurgence.... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hey ! Why isn't Independence: Resurgence.... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Hey ! Why isn't Independence: Resurgence.... Empty Re: Hey ! Why isn't Independence: Resurgence....

Post  Banjo 2016-04-16, 16:46

Hopefully I won't "wind up on the cutting room floor." I was the only extra not wearing a black or grey jacket, so if those scenes remain intact I should "show up".
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2016-06-21, 16:04

http://variety.com/2016/film/reviews/independence-day-resurgence-review-1201800114/

I'm seeing it on Friday. What that review says about Emmerich reminds me of after one take , of 20, of the inaugural scene, he comes running through the set saying, "Remember !  This is a Roland Emmerich movie ! "  Of course the 4-5 ADs did most of the work directing each take. I saw him do only one thing when he advised Bill Pullman how to fall down.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2016-06-21, 22:48

We're going on Friday too. Around here we just call it "Banjo's Movie". clap clap clap
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2016-06-22, 15:35

That's a good idea !   So far, I'm not stopped for autographs but that will change.... roflmao
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2016-06-22, 22:40

Just don't turn up on TMZ that's all I ask. roflmao
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2016-06-24, 10:18

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2016-06-24, 11:21

It starts today.? I've seen the tralors. WOW! Let me know what you think. alien
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2016-06-25, 12:55

Well, we did end up "on the cutting room floor". Sad  The first thing to realize about this movie is that without CGI and green screen techniques, 80-90 % of it couldn't have been made.

In the scene where Sela Ward gives her inaugural speech on the lawn of the White House we see a high, overhead shot, all CGI of thousands of people sitting in large stadium type seats. All the spectators are CGI. Down in front of the stage are a few rows of chairs, far too far away to see if anyone is sitting in them, even in CGI. Then she is hustled  away into a car by the Secret Service. That was never on our sound stage. Filmed outside at some other time.

So our 20 takes where we got up from in front of the stage and fled in terror didn't get one second of screen time.
There were a couple of scenes used from those takes.  The one where Bill Paxton is shown from behind,  walking up to the front of the stage. The scene where he walks up beside Sela, mumbles something and then collapses. Although on screen it looks like the camera is 2 ft. away from their faces, it was actually 30-40 ft. away...zoom lens. And the close up  of Robert Loggia in his Marine uniform  There were 3-5 cameras rolling in all of those 20 takes but only those few were used. Loggia got an "In Memorium' on the closing credits.

I did the math based on what I grossed on the total they paid all us extras in that scene for our days work. It came to $24 K.  Of course a drop in the bucket considering it cost $200 million for the whole movie.

In the scene where Judd Hirsch commandeers the school bus, the teenage girl that is the chaperone for the younger kids on the bus looked familiar. She looks like Hunter King but the nose was a little different. So I watched the credits and she is Joey King, Hunter's younger sister. She's quite experienced in her own right and got a fair amount of screen time.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1428821/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1051295/?ref_=nv_sr_1

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls038497852?ref_=rls_5

Regarding all the CGI and green screen, there were a few short scenes where 'normal' sets were used, interiors of houses, when Bill Pullman got out of bed, etc.

But most of the other interior shots in hangers, 'alien prison', etc. were all CGI and green screen behind the actual actors. Almost all the exterior shots were CGI with the actors superimposed.

Of course at the end they set it up for a sequel.... two thumbs up

All in all it is a worthy successor to the '96 movie although it had more 'skips' from one scene to another that made you wonder how they 'got there'  so quickly.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2016-06-26, 15:02

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/box-office-independence-day-2-underwhelms-with-dollar416m-finding-dory-sprints-to-dollar732m/ar-AAhE504?li=BBnb7Kz

They'll probably get back their $165 million by the time it goes on cable, incessantly just like the first one.

In the scene where Judd Hirsch is promoting his book before the audience of retirement home residents....those were real retirement home residents from the home where Jennifer has worked for 23 + years......Montebello.

https://www.fivestarseniorliving.com/communities/nm/albuquerque/the-montebello-on-academy

It's expensive as heck.....15-20 years ago the cheapest room/services was $1000/month.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2016-06-26, 16:28

Sorry you landed on the cutting room floor but at least you got paid. Craig and I really want to see it but will wait. Neither of us can stand crowds. Another sequel? scratch
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2016-06-27, 12:33

The last scene with Brent Spiner's dialog definitely sets up the possibility of a sequel. Whether Emmerich or anyone else is planning or working on one isn't known at this time. The box office for this one will probably be a factor and in my opinion they need to do a better editing job on the next one, if any. scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2016-06-29, 16:57

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2016-06-29, 21:38

We did see it last night and enjoyed it. Glad they had so many of the originals in this one. two thumbs up
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2016-06-30, 10:50

If Will Smith had agreed to come back it would/will do better at the box office. The guy that plays his son didn't make much of an impression.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum