The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nicole wins BB 18 !

2 posters

Go down

Nicole wins BB 18 ! Empty Nicole wins BB 18 !

Post  Banjo 2016-09-22, 14:36

We are happy ! clap It was close, 4-4 until Da'Vonnes vote and Nicole wins 5-4 . So a woman's vote puts her over the top even though we were told that all the women jurors would vote against her. And the first time in history that a woman has won over a man in F2. There have been women winners over other women in past seasons.
Nicole deserves it. She's an ER nurse from a small town in Michigan. She will have the problem of everyone hitting her up for a loan and in a small town it's harder to deal with that. Paul comes from a well to do Armenian family so his $50 K for second place will be sufficient.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016
'Big Brother 18' Finale Recap: Who Is the Winner?

John Kubicek
Senior Writer, BuddyTV

It's finally time to crown the winner of Big Brother 18. After the longest season ever, Nicole, James or Paul will win the game. There's the three parts of the Final HoH competition, the last eviction, the jury questions and the reveal. We'll also get the results for America's Favorite Houseguest and a mini-reunion with the entire cast.

Poll: Who Will Win BB18?>>>

BUT FIRST...this is the Big Brother 18 finale live blog!

The Final HoH, Part 1

The HGs compete on the three-apparatus endurance competition where they chase a laser pointer like a bunch of cats. The hardest part is a leaning wall where they must hold onto a curtain cord. Nicole slides off the wall but has to hold herself up by the rope. So do the others. Nicole falls after about an hour and 12 minutes and James falls right after.

Paul wins Part 1!

He's happy and Nicole is worried about James falling as soon as she did. But she's happy she gets to face him in part 2, because she thinks she can beat him. James tells us he didn't throw it.

The Final HoH, Part 2

It's a mental and physical game where they must race through a line and put three HG's faces on a roller coaster to answer a question, hitting a button to take a picture at the right time to get them in it. The first to get three right in the fastest time wins.

Nicole gets the timing on the first photo wrong, but then adjusts and gets three correct in a row. James gets the first photo way off and the coaster isn't even in the frame. He's also wrong. In his next attempt the framing is right, but the answer is wrong, so he has to go again. He gets the next two right.

Nicole: 7:24
James: 19:06

Nicole wins Part 2!

It's not even close, as expected. Paul wants to take Nicole to the Final 2 because she deserves it and he thinks he can beat anyone. Nicole is torn because she thinks Paul has played a better game and James is easier to beat because he hasn't done anything.

The Jury Round Table with Dr. Will Kirby

As always, we get to find out what the jury is thinking before the vote. Corey shows up to tell them about Paul winning HoH and PoV to get him out. Natalie and Michelle rave about James' social game. Bridgette and Zakiyah give him credit for flying under the radar, but Da'Vonne, Victor and Corey don't respect his coasting.

Paulie thinks Paul was great and everyone thinks he's the best liar and manipulator. He has a good social game and he could win competition. Corey claims he was a medium player and Victor leaps to his boy's defense. Da'Vonne LOVES Paul the player, but hates Paul the person for rubbing people the wrong way. He's obnoxious and mean. Natalie admits that she's bitter against Paul, especially for using the c-word.

Michelle doesn't know what Nicole's biggest move. Da'Vonne thinks it was getting her out. Corey and Paulie give her credit for taking out all of her threats and making it far without going on the block. Michelle insists that taking her out was personal and not strategic, but it was. Michelle cries over Corey's smile and him laughing at her. Bridgette faults Nicole for throwing girls under the bus and aligning with the boys. Da'Vonne builds the case for Nicole as the puppet master of the men.

The Final HoH, Part 3

It's Paul vs. Nicole on the giant scale in the backyard. They will answer 8 questions based on statements made by the jurors.

Question 1: They're both right!
Question 2: They're both wrong!
Question 3: They're both wrong!
Question 4: Paul is right!
Question 5: They're both wrong!
Question 6: Paul is right!
Question 7: Nicole is right!
Question 8: They're both right!

Paul wins the Final HoH!

Friendship!!! That means he won the last four competitions in a row that he played in! Now will he stick with Nicole or stab her in the back.

The Final Eviction

Paul has to choose whether to take Nicole or James to the Final 2. James is probably a guaranteed win and Nicole could go either way.

Paul votes to evict...James!

This is going to be interesting. Nicole vs. Paul? The two best players are going head-to-head.

James isn't sure if Paul made the smart move. He admits he was trying to be sneaky, but Nicole must've told Paul that James asked her to take him. James claims he took advice from great players and didn't want to win anything so his social game would be the focus.

The Final 2 Speeches and Jury Questions

Da'Vonne says she NEEDS Paul to stay in the house. Ooh, is she voting for him? Each HG will get three questions from the jury.

Question 1 for Paul: It's about him being vulgar and not getting their respect. He claims he was just being himself and having fun.

Question 1 for Nicole: Her big move was getting Natalie to nominate Paul and Victor.

Question 2 for Paul: Corey claims Paul wasn't a great strategist, but Paul says he was nominated six times and only got two votes.

Question 2 for Nicole: Was Nicole riding the guys' coattails? She says she was the brains behind a lot of it. She adds that things went the way she wanted, so she sat back and let it happen.

Question 3 for Paul: He says it's his first time and he worked his ass off, which is why he deserves to win over Nicole. He was always out front and didn't hide.

Question 3 for Nicole: She deserves to win over Paul because she gave 1,000 percent and worked hard every day. She also claims everyone knew her game and being a vet was a disadvantage.

James' Question for Paul: Paul explains that he made Final 2 deals with both him and Nicole to see who was the most honest. He explains that Nicole told him everything James said to her, but James didn't do the same, so she was more loyal.

Paul's Speech: He says he was a target from the start and got nominated six times. He was always a target but aligned with the right people at the right time. He also takes credit for finding the Paris Room and preventing anyone else from having the Round Trip Ticket. He lays EVERYTHING on the table about what he did, winning the most in-house competitions.

Nicole's Speech: "Crap, that was good" is how she starts. She starts with the first two days of what she did, then jumps forward to after Paulie was evicted. Um, there are 56 days in the middle that she forgot. Everything she says is about doing things with Corey and using strategy. She gave it her all.

Damn, Paul CRUSHED HER in those final speeches. Now it's time for the jurors to vote for the winner.

-Da'Vonne and Zakiyah love them both
-Paulie says they both played an excellent game
-Michelle is nice and the Final 2 are surprised
-Natalie says they both kicked a lot of butt
-Victor makes a joke about going back into the house
-Corey says Nicole is looking good

The Winner

We're skipping right to the winner.

James voted for...Paul
Corey voted for...Nicole
Victor voted for...Paul
Natalie voted for...Nicole
Michelle voted for...Paul
Paulie voted for...Nicole
Bridgette voted for...Paul
Zakiyah voted for...Nicole

It's tied, 4-4.

Da'Vonne voted for...Nicole

Nicole Franzel is the winner of Big Brother 18!

Wow, I'm kind of surprised. Paulie, Zakiyah and Da'Vonne ALL voted for Nicole. I really thought Paul had either Paulie or Da'Vonne.

Julie Chen crows about how, for the first time ever, a woman has defeated a man in the Final 2. Nicole did play a good game, but I thought Paul was just better throughout the whole season.

The Top 3 for America's Favorite were Victor, Natalie and James.

Victor wins America's Favorite Houseguest!

Good for him! At least I got something I wanted.

And that's it for Big Brother 18. But don't worry, Big Brother: Over the Top starts in one week, so go vote for Jason Roy or Jozea Flores to be on it!
Banjo
Banjo

Nicole wins BB 18 ! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Nicole wins BB 18 ! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Nicole wins BB 18 ! Empty Re: Nicole wins BB 18 !

Post  Banjo 2016-09-22, 15:25

CBS Interactive Inc.

Nicole Franzel – Big Brother 18 Winner Interview
By: Matthew Boyer | September 22, 2016 at 12:30 PM EDT

Nicole Franzel was crowned the winner of Big Brother 18 this week after defeating Paul during the season finale on CBS. Now outside the house following her second visit to the game I had the chance to talk with Nicole about her win, choices she made, what’s going on with Corey, and more.

Nicole Franzel wins Big Brother 18

The vote was narrow, but one more vote than your opponent is all it takes and the half-million dollars is your on Big Brother. This was not only a big win for Nicole but also for the series as she became the first woman to defeat a male opponent in the F2. So how did she do it? We asked her that very question.

Big Brother Network (BBN): You asked at the end of the finale “How did I win??” How do you think you won?

Nicole Franzel: I don’t know what put my game a little over the edge against Paul besides, um. I just played super strategic this season. It was a bit secretive and sneaky and I think people kind of caught on to that.

I mean I only sat on the Block once and it was the very last week when I kinda had to. So to be a target on Day 1 and be called out the most in the entire house and avoid the Block like that and come out and win when I needed to. I think people appreciated that. I’m happy that they saw my game moves. I think I definitely aligned with the right people at the right time.

I think Paul played a great game. It feels great to beat someone I that I consider to be so great.

BBN: Which Jury vote surprised you the most?

Nicole: I was very surprised by Da’Vonne’s vote and that it was last. I thought Paul had Day’s vote for sure. That was the one that seemed to matter the most and I can’t believe that I saw my name on that key. I was literally in shock.

BBN: If Paul had evicted you after Round 3 and taken James then how would you have voted?

Nicole: Oh I would have voted for Paul. Paul played a great game. There’s no denying that. There’s no bitterness. There’s nothing worse than a bitter Jury and so I would never vote bitter out of those two.

Paul would never have to elaborate his game to me. I know what he did. He worked hard. I saw who cared, who didn’t, and who was working hard. You want to see someone win who worked hard. My vote would have easily gone to Paul.

BBN: You promised Paul you’d take him to F2 then we heard you whisper your plans to evict Paul and take James. Did Paul’s threat to lose his vote if you blindsided him change your plans?

Nicole: No, my guilt and feelings changed my plans. I was in the DR crying and talking myself in and out of things a lot of times. I think that him and I had such a great bond changed my mind. [Paul] deserves to be taken [to F2]. I hadn’t made an emotional decision all season and I knew strategically it’d be better to sit next to James so that’s why I was fighting.

I thought if I know I can beat James then I should take him. That’s a $500,000 mistake, but my heart wants to take Paul. I hadn’t listened to my heart the entire game playing nothing but strategically this whole time. Without Corey I started to play emotional.

I realized I could live with myself better if I took Paul. If I lost to Paul that’s fine. He played a great game. That’s what it came down to.

BBN: You said you stayed in bed to avoid relationships and possible backstabs like you experienced in your last season. Were you ever worried that would hurt your chances, though clearly it didn’t in the end.

Nicole: No. I read an article before I went in the house that people vote for who they like regardless of game play. But I definitely don’t think it hurt my game play because the fact that Corey had such a great social game is why he got voted out over me. The fact that no one wanted to sit next to Corey in F2 is what saved my game. Also that Paul was afraid the Jury liked James so much that Paul wanted to take me. That saved my game.

The fact that I didn’t have a great social game was something I used to my advantage. It was in people’s minds that I couldn’t get Michelle’s vote and it’d be hard for me to get votes. I would hammer that in to people’s minds all the time. It was the theme of my season and I just kept rolling with it figuring if I could at least get a shot to speak and show how strategic I had been, but if you don’t get to speak then you don’t even have a chance.

BBN: Final 2 decisions. If you were in F3 with James and Corey, won R3, and knew for a fact you would lose to Corey in F2 would you still have taken him?

Nicole: Yes. I would have taken Corey no matter what. That’s what I told Paul, if you were Corey then I’d gladly take you to F2 but I just feel like you’re going to beat me but my heart wants me to take you. I was straight up with Paul.

But yes, I would have taken Corey. The fact that him and I worked so hard I would have never have cut Corey. I don’t care if I would have known that I would have gotten second place, [cutting Corey] is not something I would have done.

BBN: One of your tips to the future Big Brother Over The Top HGs was “try not to fall in love.” Did you fall in love with Corey?

Nicole: That was just kind of a joke. I don’t think I’ve ever fallen in love in the Big Brother house. I just somehow end up in showmances every single time.

BBN: Are you still going to pursue a relationship with Corey after the season?

Nicole: I don’t know. I haven’t had a chance to talk to him much. I know we’re hanging out later. I haven’t even gotten my phone and everyone is already ‘Did you hear this? Did you see this?’ and I’m like no I haven’t even been able to speak to anyone yet! So I don’t know where him and I stand, but I think we’ll definitely be best friends for life. Our bond was instant. No one has had my back in that house like he had my back.

BBN: There were times when you would talk to Corey and give contradictory statements then you told Corey you were “giving DR footage.” This made it difficult for us to know when you were being sincere even when alone. What was going on?

Nicole: I guess it would depend on what it’s referring to. [Corey] would get mad when I was comparing evicting Paul to Vic. No, I really thought that was something we needed to think about regardless if it was obvious or not. I mean no, I definitely thought that. It was just a funny thing.

[Editor’s note: Nicole wandered off at this point and started talking about what a threat Victor was and I didn’t get much of an answer to the question of why she repeatedly said she was “giving DR footage.”]

BBN: There were discussions out here over your talk with James about the “ten grand ten grand ten grand” promise for your F4 with Corey, James, and Natalie. Do you think that had any influence over the final Jury decisions? [James had told Natalie if he or Nicole won then everyone in their foursome would “get a care package.”]

Nicole: Ohhh, noooo! Nobody even in the Jury, like nobody in the Jury I even talked to about the ten grand thing. James and I were just… James said Natalie was broke. James and I had a great friendship. He said something about for sure giving Natalie money and for sure liked me and Corey. He was just kinda like we’re just like bored and I love you guys. Like if I had all that money I’d be like the most giving person in the world type situation. If anything it would have hurt me.

I think James didn’t vote for me because, I don’t know why James didn’t vote for me. James and I were super close but I think that was the least like big deal out of anything. I don’t even, yeah, I don’t even, you’re not allowed to even talk about sharing, you’re not even allowed to, I wasn’t even allowed to say I would take Corey on that trip that I won. You know. You’re just not allowed to say anything like that.

BBN: What’s going to be your very best memory to take away from this season?

Nicole: Obviously that vote. My heart just couldn’t be happier. I just couldn’t believe it. Just a great feeling.

BBN: Thank you Nicole. Congratulations on your win.

Nicole says she would have taken Paul on to the F2 even though she thinks it was an emotional decision versus strategy although she spent all season making all strategy choices and nothing personal. I’m not sure I’m convinced she wouldn’t have made the smarter game move and taken James though. Either way it looks like she would still have won.

Then again, if she was willing to take Corey and lose then maybe she would have taken Paul. I’d really hope Nicole wouldn’t have thrown away a potential win by taking Corey even if she thought she’d lose to him though. That seems like a horrible choice, but I guess Houseguests do odd things when they’re in showmances together.

In the end those choices didn’t play in to her game and she walked away with the title of Big Brother 18 winner and a half-million dollar prize. A huge victory for sure especially against a competitor like Paul
Banjo
Banjo

Nicole wins BB 18 ! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Nicole wins BB 18 ! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2016-09-22, 16:34

Congratz to Nicole. sunny
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down