clap woohoo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-me-
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Re: The Walking Dead season 8

Post  Banjo on 2017-07-21, 16:16

5 minute trailer shown at Comic Con.  Presumably scenes from multiple S8 episodes not just one ep.

-me-
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo on 2017-07-25, 13:59

Kirkman at Comic Con. Clears up some speculation.  So there won't be a cure, but if we look at the situation as it exists we know that all the Walkers presently in existence were once alive then died, then became Walkers as the virus became active. There are of course a certain number of deaths each day mostly from natural causes, accidents, etc. But over the several years that the period of the Walking Dead covers, how many deaths from all causes can there have been in that region of Georgia even if a big city, Atlanta, was involved ?  It seems there were thousands and thousands, conservatively speaking, as seen in the episodes over the years, more than seemingly would be likely. That's something I've always wondered about and no one has asked the question as far as I know. scratch

So by using the published deaths per 100k population in Georgia per year ,846 per 100K, and using the approx. present population of Georgia,10,450,000 we arrive at the approx. number of annual total  deaths in Georgia of 88,400. This would , I suppose, supply the needed number of Walkers as seen on the show but the majority would have to be "on the road" to show up every where as they have been each season.

Why It Doesn't Matter If There's a Cure on 'The Walking Dead'
Tuesday, July 25, 2017
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Contributing Writer, BuddyTV
Add as BuddyTV Friend »

Email
We're heading into Season 8 of The Walking Dead and there's no end in sight for the zombie apocalypse. Now The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman has admitted that there's no hope for a cure in the comics or on the show at all. But does that really matter?

Finding a cure has always been in the back of fans' minds during The Walking Dead. Rick and the gang went to the CDC full of hope, and, well, it exploded. Then Abraham and Rosita were determined to complete their mission and get Eugene to Washington D.C. so he could save them all. And that, of course, turned out to be one big lie.

Now Kirkman has officially revealed that there won't be a cure on The Walking Dead. When a fan asked at Comic-Con whether a character would be immune to the virus or if the characters would start looking for a cure, Kirkman [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], "When we get questions like these, we like to not be as definitive as possible, because we don't want to reveal anything. But the answers are 'no' and 'no.'"

"On one, because it's been done on a lot of other zombie stories. And on two, because you know, it's kind of a mythology-breaking proposition," he [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. "You don't want that kind of thing as far as somebody being immune. And we have dabbled in that a little bit in the other show [Fear the Walking Dead]."

But at the end of the day, does it even matter if there's a cure? Yes, it's a zombie show and the Walkers make the show scary. But The Walking Dead is really about the people and communities. It's about what happens to you when you're put in this kind of situation and who you become when you're struggling to survive. As the conflicts with big bads like the Governor and now Negan show, The Walking Dead is about how the people can be the real monsters.

As Kirkman said, having a show about scientists working on a cure would make The Walking Dead "unrelatable." The show is "about people and their struggles to survive," he [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

"To go off and try to solve this would be a boring show, so definitely not," he [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. "But it's a good question."

At this point, the Walkers have just become a part of the world Rick and the gang are living in. Their focus isn't on ending the apocalypse or finding a cure. It's on surviving. And it's on the conflicts with other groups. Alexandria, the Kingdom and the Hilltop are banding together to fight back against Negan and the Saviors rather than concentrating on the Walkers.

Do you think there should be a cure? Should The Walking Dead focus more on the Walkers? Leave your comments below!

The Walking Dead will return on October 22 at 9/8c on AMC. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

-me-
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo on 2017-10-09, 11:39

There's going to be a crossover between TWD and FTWD for a character in season 8 but that's all they are saying.  woohoo

"While they want the two shows in the shared universe to tell their own stories and have their own identities, Kirkman teased, "There are two Walking Dead shows. There is one character that is going to go from one show that I will not name and appear in the other show which I will not name."

-me-
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus on 2017-10-10, 15:14

That should be interesting.
Rus
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down