The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And the Reboots Keep Coming

4 posters

Go down

And the Reboots Keep Coming Empty And the Reboots Keep Coming

Post  Berry 2018-01-28, 22:45

The reboots just keep on coming. CBS have ordered pilots for both Magnum P.I. and Cagney and Lacey at the network.

Hopefully you’re not getting reboot fatigue, because two more have been added to the slate for the 2018/19 season. CBS have ordered pilots for Magnum P.I. and Cagney and Lacey, series that both enjoyed success in the ’80s.

Peter Lenkov will serve as the writer and executive producer on Magnum P.I.. Lenkov is the mastermind behind the rebbots of Hawaii Five-O and MacGyver, which both air on CBS.

The series will allegedly be an updated version of the show from the ’80s. Magnum P.I. followed a decorated ex-Navy Seal, called Thomas Magnum, who took up private investigating upon his return to Hawaii. The titular Magnum was played by Tom Selleck, though there was no word on whether he would be involved in the series in any way.

Cagney and Lacey, another crime drama, is also based off a popular ’80s series. The show followed two female police detectives, who were close friends, as they worked to keep the streets of L.A. safe. No specific details were provided on the direction the show would take, but Bridget Carpenter will serve as writer and executive producer.

Carpenter recently worked as a consulting producer on HBO’s incredibly popular series, Westworld. She also worked as a producer and writer on Friday Night Lights and Parenthood.
Berry
Berry

And the Reboots Keep Coming Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100And the Reboots Keep Coming Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

And the Reboots Keep Coming Empty Re: And the Reboots Keep Coming

Post  BoardMomma 2018-01-28, 23:03

Wow! Two of my favorites! I don't know though, it's going to be hard for me not to be judgmental about who takes the place of the lead characters in both series. I'll be hopeful. Wink
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

And the Reboots Keep Coming Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100And the Reboots Keep Coming Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2018-01-29, 08:42

Introducing a new Magnum P.I. from Hawaii 5-0 seems like an easy transition. two thumbs up
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2018-01-29, 12:11

I doubt that Selleck will be involved unless he has time from Blue Bloods but I'll take a look. Less enthusiastic about K & L , wasn't that enthusiastic about the original, but good casting might lure me..... scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2018-01-31, 10:48

http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/30/cw-roswell-reboot/

This could be okay depending on who they cast. At least it sounds like a more likely possibility to be picked up compared to the other shows in the article. tongue
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2018-01-31, 12:48

Just don't know why they have to call it "Roswell"...seems like it will be a whole different show.
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2018-02-02, 11:19

It probably will be very different but maybe they are using the name to attract attention and since it takes place in "Roswell" that makes sense, but I'll bet they don't film outdoor scenes in Covina. scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down