The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stargate Universe

+6
jero
Penny
sandisea
Banjo
Space Pilot
Berry
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Stargate Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Stargate Universe

Post  sandisea 2011-05-10, 04:07

Smallville's kind of become a guilty pleasure for me, I've missed a lot over the years, but it'll be played in re-runs for decades probably...so no worries there.

It's funny because I'm looking forward to the finale like it's a season finale, Lex Returns! What will happen next!?! But nothing will, not with this show...the prequel will be over.

Will Tom Welling ever work again? Or any of them? That'll be interesting to see...I think. :hmm:
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Stargate Universe - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Stargate Universe - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-05-10, 13:59

Tom and several others have had some other roles over the years but since I/you/we can't remember any your concern may be valid. scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Stargate Universe - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Stargate Universe - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-05-19, 12:38

Who watched Stargate Universe finale? What did you think? Will be glad to chat about it if anyone is interested!
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-05-19, 14:27

I watched it. It was ambiguous if the last guy would put himself in suspended animation or would just watch the galaxy pass by until he died and/or he survives the 3 years alone.
Of course with the rest of the crew in suspended animation for the 3 years that it will take for them to reach another galaxy (nothing like being ambitious ! :lol: ) could we expect a new series to start in 3 years when they get there ? scratch :lol:
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-05-19, 14:37

I liked the ending and it of course left it open to renew in future ... although this was definitely not my favorite SG, as I have said many times before! :P

Eli was my favorite character and he grew up so much during his two years in space! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If you haven’t seen the final episode of Stargate Universe yet, beware of big SPOILERS below!

Executive producer and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]co-writer Joseph Mallozzi revealed on his [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]that in the story’s original pitch, the identity of the person who stayed outside of the pods came down to a coin-flip … and was to be left ambiguous at the season’s end, setting up a fascinating character study for the start of Season Three.

“One of the possibilities this particular ending set up was a Season Three opener which finds Rush, three years later, a little loopy from his time alone. As he goes through his daily maintenance of the ship’s systems, he converses with members of the crew who, it turns out, are hallucinations. Suddenly, the gate activates. A bewildered Rush hurries to the gate room in time to see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] lead a rescue op through. Turns out, after several years, Earth finally acquired a means to dialing Destiny. Of course, the rescue turns out to be short-lived as it ends up being a hallucination as well when, in the episode’s final turn, we discover Rush in stasis (he was the one who lost the coin toss), evidently dreaming, while Young maintains the solitary existence as Destiny‘s caretaker.”

Mallozzi said that, while it was a cool idea, it suffered from a number of problems that eventually prompted the show’s producers to rule it out. In addition to the fact that the antisocial Rush would be quite happy to live by himself on the ship, it suggested a season opener that was low on action.

In the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Mallozzi also discusses possible [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]to the conclusion that they ended up writing and filming. Though the writers hadn’t settled on how to resolve the fate of Eli and the rest of the crew, or how much time would have passed when they woke up, they brainstormed a lot of different scenarios, including:Eli taps some hitherto unexploited power reserve which allows him to extend life support for three years
</li><li>Eli fails to fix the pods or extend life support, so he survives by sitting in the chair and uploading his consciousness to Destiny‘s [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
</li><li>
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3