The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fling* (AKA Lie To Me)

+2
Banjo
jero
6 posters

Go down

fling* (AKA Lie To Me) Empty fling* (AKA Lie To Me)

Post  jero 2008-11-19, 10:31

wave

fling* (AKA Lie To Me) Nicksposter-vi

Last weekend I drove to Kansas City, MO to see Nick's movie...
I may never get around to writing about the experience of seeing Nick 20 ft tall on the big screen...

Go look at the rest of the pics here.

I'll gladly answer any questions. :D :D :D Nick was very patient... I had a new camera and was having problems with it. scratch

Since all the showings sold out, Fling has been held over for this coming weekend too! Showtimes
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

fling* (AKA Lie To Me) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100fling* (AKA Lie To Me) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-10

Back to top Go down

fling* (AKA Lie To Me) Empty Re: fling* (AKA Lie To Me)

Post  Banjo 2008-11-19, 17:45

Hmmmm.....very interesting. I've haven't heard of it.....thanks Jero.
Banjo
Banjo

fling* (AKA Lie To Me) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100fling* (AKA Lie To Me) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2008-11-19, 18:42

wave

Hey Banjo you came up in my convo with Nick...

J: Who do we call to get Fling shown more places?
N: Call your theater and ask them to show it... I'm calling all the theaters in Albuquerque... Where I'm from.
J: I was in Albuquerque last year.
N: Really? What were you doing there?
J: A group of people I met on the internet get together every year for a week's vacation... The guy who lives there drove us all over northern New Mexico one day... And of course we went to Roswell. It's just like all little towns... We went up on the mountain thing.
N: The tram?
J: Yeah, the tram. It was the last ride of the day. I had on shorts and no jacket. Needless to say we didn't stay up there very long!
N: LOL

Anyway, here's the film's official website>>> fling movie
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2008-11-20, 18:43

I talked to Nick at the Bowl-A-Thon. He claimed that he didn't know much about things and locations in Albq. because when he was going to Highland High School he just walked back and forth to school and stayed in/near his neighborhood. That's a tough school in a tough neighborhood, although better than back when he was going there, so I've heard.
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-11-20, 19:31

How fun Jero, thanks for sharing. Some of those shots of Nick are really quite nice...... :randy: You look so cute with him!!!!!
jojo
jojo

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Space Pilot 2008-11-28, 12:05

Great News!

I will look for this in my neighborhood. Jero was the showing you went to a premier? If so, then the movie has not been released. Premiers are for audience response and last minute editing.

I will ask my brother if there is any scoop on this movie.

Sp

Space Pilot
wiggly squiggly
wiggly squiggly

Registration date : 2007-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2008-12-02, 18:57

How cool! 8) Hadn't heard anything about this either! Thanks for sharing and for the great pics too!

So what was the movie about?
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2008-12-04, 15:25

wave

Yes, it was the Midwest Premiere.

I wrote this on another board...

From the Fling website:
By all appearances, Samantha (Courtney Ford) and Mason (Steve Sandvoss) are the picture perfect couple: young, attractive, successful, and madly in love. At her sister Allison’s (Ellen Hollman) idyllic spring wedding, Samantha, a twenty-something fashion designer, finds herself irresistibly drawn back into the arms of her ex-boyfriend, James (Brandon Routh), a surprise wedding guest. Meanwhile, Mason, a published novelist just shy of thirty, spends a flirtatious evening culminating in a steamy hot tub encounter with his best friend Luke’s (Nick Wechsler) 18 year-old sister, Olivia (Shoshana Bush). Carefully sneaking out of James’s room, Sam is startled by Mason and confesses her affair. But Mason’s reaction is not quite what you would expect...

I'd add that Luke/Nick is who Allison/Ellen married. He's also Mason's book agent. Although he's the '5th' character in the movie, he did an AWESOME job in all his scenes! Icalynn and I watched the movie in silence except for when Luke 'tells it like it is' to Mason. I couldn't help myself, I leaned over and excitedly whispered "That was AWESOME!" We agreed that Nick has as much or more screentime as Jason Behr did in The Grudge.

Here's the official website>>> fling - home

The after-party was lots of fun too... Imagine walking into a bar and Nick is just sitting there... We practically had him to ourselves... Lots of peeps talked to him, but I don't remember anyone else taking pics with him... It was very different from the BAT... We actually got to talk to him without being interrupted... I told him he needed an email or snailmail addy or a website where fans could tell him stuff. And he said to use his MySpace page. (Search MySpace for Nick Wechsler. It's NOT the Nick Wechsler Fanlisting. It's the other one.) He doesn't check it too often and don't expect an answer. But it's a start. Wink

At the party I asked Nick if Fling was going to get a wider release and what we could do so more people would see it. He said we should call our local theaters and ask them to show it. He said he was going to call the theaters in Albuquerque (his hometown) and ask them to show it.

I emailed the producer, Laura Boersma, the same question. This is what she wrote back...
We’re trying to give the film the best life we can. We’re having to do a lot of the theatrical release on our own, but we do have a distributor for the DVD/Cable/Home Video release scheduled for May of 2009. Before that, we’d love to do more theatrical runs.

If you can help us spread the word about the film, that would be a huge help! Blog, email friends, direct people to the myspace or facebook page, or anything you can think of to help get the word going would be awesome!!

So you should bug your local theater to show fling. Wink There's nothing like seeing Nick on the big screen! :D :D :D

Later,
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2009-03-25, 15:00

wave

cheers Fling came out on DVD yesterday... It's available at NetFlix and maybe video stores. popcorn

Later,
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-03-25, 15:26

Thanks for the head's up, J. cheers
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2009-03-25, 18:53

wave

You're welcome... Let me know what you think of Nick. Two Hearts And, oh yeah, the movie in general. lol!

BTW, for those that have small children, it's rated R.
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2009-03-27, 17:30

Thanks for the info, Jero! I will check out Blockbuster! :P
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum