The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caprica

+4
sandisea
Berry
Penny
RaTTLHeD
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Caprica Empty Caprica

Post  RaTTLHeD 2009-05-18, 20:03

i picked this up not long after it came oout but just got around to watching it the other day. (i've got a stack of dvd's from a friend i've been trying to get through) anywho...it's alot better than i expected. it takes place approx. 58 years before the cylon war, and tells the story of the adamas and the graystones (creator of the centurions) can't wait for the series...
RaTTLHeD
RaTTLHeD

Caprica Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Caprica Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Caprica Empty Re: Caprica

Post  Penny 2009-05-18, 21:07

When is the series to come out, Ratt?
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2009-05-18, 21:14

I found this at the sci-fi website ...

Caprica
An astonishing breakthrough is taking shape on the planet Caprica. The rapidly evolving spheres of human and mechanical engineering have collided, along with the fates of two families. Joined by tragedy in an explosive instant of terror, two rival clans led by powerful patriarchs, Joseph Adama (Esai Morales, Jericho) and Daniel Graystone (Eric Stoltz, The Butterfly Effect) duel in an era of questionable ethics, corporate machinations and unbridled personal ambition as the final war for humanity looms.

The latest phenomenon from the executive producers of Battlestar Galactica (Ronald D. Moore and David Eick), set in a time over 50 years earlier, Caprica is entirely its own world - provocative, thrilling and startling relevant to our own.

Starring: Eric Stoltz, Esai Morales, Sina Najafi, Polly Walker, Alessandra Toreson, Avan Jogia
Directed by: Jeffrey Reiner
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  RaTTLHeD 2009-05-19, 12:30

it's being shot right now. but not scheduled to air until 2010...next summer i believe, this is scifi afterall. or syfy? anywho next year. and i'm sure that they'll air it on (syfy) before the series begins...tho, edited. (nudity, kiddies) after BSG, i'm sure they'll leave the violence in.
RaTTLHeD
RaTTLHeD

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-08-18, 16:21

From what I hear, it will air in January. And since James Marsters has a recurring arc in it, I'll be watching, that's for sure!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2009-08-28, 02:46

A friend loaned me the prequel...I really enjoyed it...like I thought I would. biggrin

Looking forward to it...and then I read that bit about James Marsters showing in three epi's...I loved him when he showed up on Torchwood. biggrin
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-08-28, 09:09

It's not going to turn out to be just 3 eppies. Four for sure and both he and his manager are very confident it will be turning into more. Anyway, he's there now filming his first part and will be right up until he flies out to Atlanta for DragonCon. cheers
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-10-11, 23:27

Nice long interview on set with the actors of Caprica...lots of changes in the scripts in an ongoing way.

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2009-10-11, 23:37

Thanks for posting that Berry. I was wondering if I'd missed it and I don't want to miss this one! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-10-11, 23:41

Nope, January 22, 2010...circle your calendars, I think this is going to be good. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-10-23, 21:11

Yikes! James was supposed to be at a Con in the UK this weekend. He has cancelled because:

To all of those attending The Hub 3 in Birmingham this weekend, unfortunately James will not be able to attend as originally planned. James had a spill on the set (of Caprica) and took a bump to the head and was advised by doctors not to fly for a few days...
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-11-01, 17:25

Syfy is showing the trailer for Caprica now

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2009-11-01, 20:37

Berry wrote:Yikes! James was supposed to be at a Con in the UK this weekend. He has cancelled because:

To all of those attending The Hub 3 in Birmingham this weekend, unfortunately James will not be able to attend as originally planned. James had a spill on the set (of Caprica) and took a bump to the head and was advised by doctors not to fly for a few days...

I am really sorry to hear this and hope he's ok. I'm sure the fans in UK were very disappointed but understood.

Thanks for th YouTube link. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-11-12, 17:48

Here's the new poster for Caprica....guess this will go over well with the make element. biggrin

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-01-11, 18:07

Syfy has an official twitter site. They posted this:

Watching an amazing James Marsters scene in a #Caprica rough-cut. Let me say: #amazing #wonderful #fantastic #youllloveit #brilliant

Yes, that's just what I think about him. :D
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog 2010-01-13, 00:31

Caprica premiers January 22nd. Looks pretty good. I've already set the DVR. :D
Groundhog
Groundhog
Cocoon Stage
Cocoon Stage

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-01-20, 18:46

Last night on SyFy was Battlestar Galactica:the Plan. I had never seen it before. It looked like a prequel to Caprica, except it took place just before and after the Cylon revolt/attack. Where does it fit ?......
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-01-22, 11:33

I didn't watch it but the info on it is here

Looks like it was a prequel to Battlestar Gallactica but a sequel or maybe just what the end of Caprica will look like. Anyway, I know you don't need to have seen it to "get" Caprica which begins tonight!

Finished watching...the highlight for me is the promo at the end. James Marsters, looking all smug and devilish says "Welcome to the deep end, little one." :D

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2010-01-23, 03:34

hmm...The Plan... the explanation of the Cylons destroying the colonies. Not really a prequel, just a different POV....should have known Cavil was the disgruntled one who'd lead the kill, kill, kill plan...never liked him or any of his models.

I was kind of bummed out about Caprica...not the show...which in the beginning says 5o-something years before the destruction of the colonies.. so we have prequel-impetus behind Cylon creation...a grieving dad..who meets up with Adama's great Grandpa..I was bummed because I'd already seen it. I thought the series was going to start tonight....the wait continues....

Forgot about James Marsters being a coming attraction...yay!
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-01-23, 11:15

I thought the series did start last night, it was new to me and a pretty good start. The tensions between the polytheists and monotheists is interesting. You don't see that very often if at all in science fiction let alone on network TV. Still, my reservations about the whole Caprica/Galactica story arc going back to the beginnings is that I can't get my mind around the logic from a science-fictional standpoint. Here's why:

Sometime in the distant past, far prehistoric past on an Earth timeline, a technologically advanced civilization exists in a distant planetary system. Other than their advanced technology their culture looks like 20th/21st Century Earth culture in clothing, speech, overall appearance, with the addition of an, apparently, Greek based polytheism, even using some of the same Greek names for their dieties. This is the first big stumbling block for me. But I can still enjoy it on a basic level by overlooking the incongruities and pretend that it's just another alien culture that makes no logical sense from a science-fictional standpoint.

Then they create a series of cyborgs, (last night's episode was very good in explaining the reasons and origins of this) who eventually revolt and destroy their civilization and almost all citizens in it except for a relatively small number, 40k+ as I recall, who escape and travel through space looking for their ancestral home, Earth, which implies that the original Caprica settlers came from Earth, which doesn't make sense given the timelines. So when at the end of the Galactica series they arrive on the prehistoric Earth the implication is that they are the progenitors of modern humanity and all that follows in Earth history. Again, this makes no logical sense and have various people solemnly intone at various times, "This has happened before and will happen again", doesn't help matters.

But, I will continue to watch and and it is an interesting beginning....
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-01-23, 18:57

There is some confusion as to when James will show up. This article says next week, but I've also heard in three weeks or March 5th. scratch

Caprica airs Fridays at 9:00 on Syfy. Next week, Buffy’s James Marsters guests along with Scott Porter of Friday Night Lights.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-01-25, 22:18

Oh noes.

from the hollywood reporter
January 25, 2010
Syfy's 'Caprica' gets disappointing start

Caprica2 Syfy's "Battlestar Galactica" spinoff "Caprica" got off to a weak start Friday night, drawing 1.6 million viewers. That's below the averages for "Battlestar" and "Stargate: Universe" on Fridays, and well below their premieres ("Universe" drew 2.4 million last fall).

Of course, most "Battlestar" fans interested in "Caprica" had probably already seen the first episode, since the pilot has been available on DVD and online. Syfy says that between Hulu, iTunes and Syfy.com, they've received about 2 million viewers pre-premiere. The second episode is always more telling than the first, and this time that goes double for "Caprica."
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  RaTTLHeD 2010-01-26, 14:54

no suprise...seeing that this "episode" was released on dvd some 9 months ago.
RaTTLHeD
RaTTLHeD

Back to top Go down

Post  Momo 2010-01-31, 20:45

I enjoyed the Caprica back story and will be interested in how it evolves. Like the cast very much.

Momo

Registration date : 2007-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-01-31, 21:17

There is a thoughtful review of the 2nd episode here at Techland. Check it out, but beware THERE ARE SPOILERS if you have not seen the episode yet. So beware of that.

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: