The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Joss, no Buffy.

5 posters

Go down

No Joss, no Buffy. Empty No Joss, no Buffy.

Post  Banjo 2009-12-03, 19:15

There’s been talk for months now about a reboot of [color:dad3=#EB4C00 ! important][color:dad3=#EB4C00 ! important]Joss [color:dad3=#EB4C00 ! important]Whedon’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. Plans are underway to relaunch it as a new [color:dad3=#EB4C00 ! important][color:dad3=#EB4C00 ! important]movie franchise (more on that here), a movie franchise with no connection to the popular [color:dad3=#EB4C00 ! important][color:dad3=#EB4C00 ! important]television [color:dad3=#EB4C00 ! important]series and worse, no involvement from creator Joss Whedon.

Today we had a chance to sit down with former Buffy the Vampire Slayer star [color:dad3=#EB4C00 ! important][color:dad3=#EB4C00 ! important]Alyson [color:dad3=#EB4C00 ! important]Hannigan.
She played Buffy’s nerdy yet loveable sidekick Willow during the show’s
run and for my money it was she, not Buffy, who was by far the best
part of the series. Willow’s one of the biggest reasons Buffy worked as
well as it did and though Hannigan has now moved on to other things
(like How I Met Your Mother) it’s almost impossible to [color:dad3=#EB4C00 ! important][color:dad3=#EB4C00 ! important]imagine any Buffy project without her. Well start imagining.

We asked her about those Buffy remake plans and she
seems as perturbed by the whole thing as the show’s fans. When we asked
her what she thought of Buffy without Joss she said, "Yeah, and that's
a very big mistake in my opinion.” Whedon wrote both the 90s movie and
ran the subsequent spin-off television show she was a part of. So it
makes sense that Hannigan says, “I mean if Joss isn't involved, it's
only the title."

And without Joss, there’s no way they’ll get her involved in
it. Not even for a cameo. She says, "Not without Joss. Joss is the only
reason that we would go back. I mean, it's just ridiculous to think of
that TV show without Joss. That's just silly to me… And all the fans
know that, too, so I don't know what they're thinking."

Hannigan’s reaction to remake echos that of former Giles Anthony
Stewart Head, who, rather gleefully trashed the notion a few weeks ago here. Look it's no mystery why they’re doing this. [color:dad3=#EB4C00 ! important][color:dad3=#EB4C00 ! important]Vampires are hot and let’s face it, Twilight
is basically just a watered down Buffy ripoff so why not bring back the
real deal and get rich. But I’m pretty sure nobody wants it. Not the
fans, not the Buffy cast, and probably not Twilight fans who are too busy swooning over Edward to notice anything else.
Banjo
Banjo

No Joss, no Buffy. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100No Joss, no Buffy. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

No Joss, no Buffy. Empty Re: No Joss, no Buffy.

Post  Berry 2009-12-03, 22:17

Um, no....just "No".

Let's just have a remake of Roswell...with Miley Cyrus as Liz and Zac Efron as Max. :P
Berry
Berry

No Joss, no Buffy. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100No Joss, no Buffy. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2009-12-04, 12:53

Berry wrote:Let's just have a remake of Roswell...with Miley Cyrus as Liz and Zac Efron as Max. :P

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! No Joss, no Buffy. 983254 No Joss, no Buffy. Icon_eek No Joss, no Buffy. Suspect No Joss, no Buffy. 723807 No Joss, no Buffy. 977689
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-12-04, 13:19

My point exactly. disgruntled
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2009-12-04, 15:10

All kidding aside........ No Joss, no Buffy. 156488 No Joss, no Buffy. Suspect

What would it take cast-wise to have a Roswell remake ? Obviously the
originals would be too high-priced, assuming that the remake isn't
envisioned as a $50 million blockbuster.... No Joss, no Buffy. Icon_rolleyes

Where does that leave us ? One possibility is to use the cast from The Vampire Diaries. Nina Dobrev would make a suitable Liz and Paul Wesley ditto for Max. You could even round out the cast with other VD actors. Look them up.....

Just a thought. No Joss, no Buffy. Icon_wink
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-12-04, 15:39

I think the Ian Somerhalder guy would make a better Max. The other one would make a good Michael. I think that kooky girl from KYLE xy (Magda Apanowitz, she played the young brothers girlfriend) would be a good Maria. She does however have a big role in the new Caprica series starting in January.

But there's only one guy who could be Sheriff Valenti...and I think he'd cut them a break price-wise. :lol:
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Melandra 2009-12-07, 20:30

Berry wrote:Um, no....just "No".

Let's just have a remake of Roswell...with Miley Cyrus as Liz and Zac Efron as Max. :P

So the "Disney" version of Roswell then. URgh!

I've come to a serious conclusion lately that nothing beats the tv from 10 years ago. Am I just stuck in the past?

nah. it's just true No Joss, no Buffy. Icon_razz

No Joss, no Buffy. 79976
Melandra
Melandra

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog 2009-12-08, 16:08

As much as I'd like to see more Roswell, I can't see it without the original cast. And they're all to old unless it jumps ahead about ten years. Plus, several are involved with other projects. I guess we should give up the idea of a remake or a continuation. I guess I would tune in to another show to see if they got it right. Maybe season three would be better the next time around. :lol:
Groundhog
Groundhog
Cocoon Stage
Cocoon Stage

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-12-08, 16:15

The original Buffy cast voices their opinions of this Resurrection:

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/buffy-cast-rounds-on-proposed-remake/

Rounding off fairly damning assessments of the project’s chances, Marsters further reinforced the idea that such a move wouldn’t be possible without the involvement of Whedon in a telephone interview with SciFiNow. “Oh man, that’s going to be so funny,” said Marsters. “I feel like I should explain myself. You can’t do it without Joss, it just won’t work… just… no. But good luck to them.”
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2009-12-08, 16:35

Groundhog wrote:As much as I'd like to see more Roswell, I can't see it without the original cast. And they're all to old unless it jumps ahead about ten years. Plus, several are involved with other projects. I guess we should give up the idea of a remake or a continuation. I guess I would tune in to another show to see if they got it right. Maybe season three would be better the next time around. :lol:

I agree ... would like the original cast!!! Check out Momo's rendition of the next 10 years ... in "The Library" ... The Roswell Stories Forum ... Ten Years After and Ten Years After - Part II! Some great fanfic!!! No Joss, no Buffy. 580898

No Joss, no Buffy. Alien
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-12-10, 01:49

In much better news, the original episodes of Buffy, the Vampire Slayer will begin airing on a weekly basis again in January. Last time that happened was when they were shown on FX in 2008. Now Logo and MTV will air the series. LOGO will air it at 6 and 7 pm EST M-F starting Jan.4. And MTV will start on Jan. 11th airing at 11 am. Spike on my tv screen whenever I want him....that is of the good. :) woohoo
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down