The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 1/2 Men

+4
Penny
BoardMomma
Berry
Banjo
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

2 1/2  Men - Page 5 Empty Re: 2 1/2 Men

Post  jojo 2011-09-28, 22:30

Parts of it were funny....but I felt like Ashton's character was "forced"....hopefully it will seem more natural as the season goes on.......maybe he was trying too hard to fill Sheen's shoes......but I really don't think he had anything to worry about.....I LOVED Ashton in That 70's Show, so it is hard for me to get used to him in another show.......but I'm willing to give it some time.....

jojo
jojo

2 1/2  Men - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1002 1/2  Men - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-09-29, 15:41

Network honchos can be bozos. But I wonder how many people have ever heard of those companies ?.....I haven't so it's unlikely that they will suddenly become wildly successful because of Kutcher's 'trick'.

‘Two and a Half Men’s Ashton Kutcher Irks CBS Bosses

by Tracy Phillips
Sep 29th, 2011 | 1:30 PM | Comments 0

Ashton Kutcher has gotten himself into a sticky situation with the honchos at his new network.

CBS is reportedly unhappy with a marketing stunt Kutcher pulled in this week’s episode of “Two and a Half Men,” in which the actor promoted companies he has a personal interest in – and the network was not paid for the product placement.

Here’s what happened: Kutcher’s character Walden Schmidt – an Internet billionaire – is seen on his laptop, which is covered in stickers and decals for social media and tech sites such as Foursquare, Hipmunk, Flipboard and GroupMe, all companies Kutcher has financial stakes in, says Variety.

The sly move was then broadcast on Twitter, where Kutcher has a legion of followers.

“Very cool – @aplusk shows off @thehipmunk @chegg @foursquare @groupme stickers on Two and a Half Men PIC from @dens,” Foursqaure CEO Dennis Crowley Tweeted.

“Men” creator Chuck Lorre was okay with the promos, but apparently CBS was not, confirms a rep to Variety: “This was not part of any advertising transaction with CBS. Our policy is to disclose such financial interests in a credit at the end of the broadcast.”

No action will be taken in the matter, however, CBS says it will blur out the stickers for all repeat airings of the episode.
Banjo
Banjo

2 1/2  Men - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1002 1/2  Men - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2011-09-30, 17:51

I've heard of two of the four.
Foursquare - mobile phone check-in/share city explore phone app
Hipmunk - another phone app for finding flights and such
Flipboard - iPad reader app
GroupMe - another phone app to share a message with your friends/cell phone contacts like twiter

All these apps are free so who knows how they make money.
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-10-22, 15:04

Yep, I agree with him. The chemistry, or something, is off if not entirely missing. It's not Kutcher's fault although at the same time he's not outstanding in this role. But my own take is this: TPTB aren't getting the hot women on the show as before. That might seem shallow but it was an integral part of the old show. Judy Greer is a great comedic actress and good looking but they need more of the Vaugiers, Bairds, Bowlbys, Taylors, etc. . Where are they ? scratch

Charlie Sheen ‘Extremely Disappointed’ with New ‘Two and a Half Men’

by Tracy Phillips
Oct 21st, 2011 | 4:31 PM | Comments 0

Charlie Sheen may have “loved” the first episode of CBS’s new Sheen-less “Two and a Half Men” but now the ex-”Men” star is changing his tune.

TMZ has obtained new footage of Sheen commenting on the direction of the revamped series, which has seen a major decline in ratings since it opened huge with an unexpected 28 million viewers.

Ashton’s “Men” Loses Nearly Half Its Viewers Since Week 1

“People aren’t stupid … not all of them,” Sheen replied when the ratings drop was mentioned by a paparazzo.

“I’m extremely disappointed with how they’re handling what I left behind,” Sheen added. But he didn’t blame it all on his replacement, Ashton Kutcher. Sheen granted him a “He’s doing the best he can.”

Sheen for his part is apparently moving forward with his next TV project, “Anger Management.”

“We’re going to start in January,” he claims. When asked what fans can expect from the new show, Sheen replied with one last dig: “Everything…everything they’re not getting now.”
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-10-25, 12:27

I watched part of it last night during slow periods in the World Series. GO RANGERS !!! The high point was when Walden saw his wife on a date with Alcide Devereaux. Classic ! roflmao It was downhill from there. And if they think that having constant gay jokes and skits can substitute for casting hot women they are sadly mistaken. Why do they think ratings are plummeting ? scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2011-10-25, 14:05

I watched the first few episodes of the season. I'll catch some on summer repeats. It's not like there are a lot of plot twists to keep up with. tongue
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-05-13, 16:05

Somebody likes them. They got all 3 of the main characters under contract again and it has been renewed for another season.
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2012-05-13, 21:54

I liked it at first but haven't seen the latest episodes. Don't like what they are doing to Alan..and how much futher can this go?
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-05-14, 14:49

I watched the first one this season and part of a few others but gave up. It doesn't have the same vibe as when Sheen was on it and it revolved around his womanizing. Not that there is anything to applaud about that but doggone it they did have some attractive women coming through, some already famous, some becoming famous because of their appearance, and some creating quite a stir with one or two appearances only to disappear never to be heard of or seen again on any other show. That was always a mystery to me. 2 1/2  Men - Page 5 66732 If Angus T. Jones leaves that will further gut it and using Cryer as a foil can't go on forever. Maybe Lorre can come up with a new dynamic and direction for next season. I'm sure there are plenty of unknown starlets out there that would jump at the chance to be cast if only for one episode. But how do they cast them given the lack of male cast interest in anyone other than their present unappealing partners ? 2 1/2  Men - Page 5 66732
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum