The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cowboys and Aliens

5 posters

Go down

Cowboys and Aliens Empty Re: Cowboys and Aliens

Post  LarryP 2010-11-25, 06:48

Hey Banjo ... I know it's a ridiculous premise, but I liked what I saw! two thumbs up

Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford and Olivia Wilde ... what's not to like?? pirat
LarryP
LarryP
Transformation
Transformation

Cowboys and Aliens Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cowboys and Aliens Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-11-25, 10:35

It looks like a more ambitious project than you would think, but then with those stars it will be expected to bring in the big $. While they were shooting it Harrison Ford married Calista Flockhart in Santa Fe.
Banjo
Banjo

Cowboys and Aliens Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cowboys and Aliens Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  LarryP 2010-11-26, 06:21

Well ... with that tidbit in hand, I hope Calista and Harrison make "a go" of it. smileyhug
LarryP
LarryP
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-11-26, 07:09

I'm looking forward to it. But I must say they were all sneering when James Marsters made a cowboy/Aliens movie for Syfy a few years back. But if Spielberg does it...genius! tongue
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-06-27, 14:40

New trailer.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjjfvu_cowboys-and-aliens-trailer-3_shortfilms#hp-v-v1

From the few glimpses I got of the background scenery, it looks like some scenes were filmed at the Tent Rocks....some of you have been there....and near Ghost Ranch.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-06-27, 16:46

Cowboys and Aliens.....my favorite genre. two thumbs up
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog 2011-06-28, 01:16

Looks like fun.

Cowboys and Aliens Silver_hand
Groundhog
Groundhog
Cocoon Stage
Cocoon Stage

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-09-15, 19:52

I finally saw it today. It was a lot different than the trailers had indicated and a lot better than I expected. It was a good juxtaposition of two seemingly incompatible genres, westerns and S-F. Of course there have been attempts along those lines in the past, the less said about them the better. But C & A followed the 'traditional' western themes with their predictable, but in this case entertaining stereotypes, then did the same with the S-F themes, and put together they both created sort of a synergy all its own. Genius !

Olivia had her obligatory nude scene....or maybe her stand-in, nevertheless she upheld her tradition. clap :lol: And Craig and Ford overcame their 'super star veneer' to be effective and believable.

Although it took place post-Civil War....close attention to one of Ford's lines reveals this......it was interesting to see that almost everyone's revolver was an 1844 Colt Navy model, the standard Civil War officer sidearm, rather than the later Colt Peacemaker, usually the standard sidearm in westerns. Ditto the rifles which were Sharp repeaters, also Union-issue rifles in the later stages of the Civil War. Toward the end of the movie there were a few guys using the newer Winchester lever action rifles, commonly called '73s. It would seem that someone in production responsible for props was astute enough to pay attention to these details because after the Civil War there were a lot of that periods weapons on the market and cowboys in the west would most likely have them rather than the newer and comparatively more expensive models , hard to afford on a cowboys salary.

The aerodynamic action of the wings on the alien's aircraft was accurate too, assuming someone wanted to actually build such a relatively inefficient design. Aliens don't know everything ! roflmao

Also saw this trailer which will be my next trip to the cinema:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSPYtlWxmho

The Red Tails movie won't be out until January....looking forward to that. two thumbs up
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-09-16, 06:22

That looks interesting ... alien

Keep us updated, if you please, BMan!!! two thumbs up
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog 2011-09-18, 21:44

Yeah, that Battleship movie looks good.

Cowboys and Aliens Silver_hand
Groundhog
Groundhog
Cocoon Stage
Cocoon Stage

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-09-19, 13:18

Yesterday when we were out flying, the friend that I saw C & A with, said that he thought it was pretty good until the end when the big alien ship broke out of the ground and took off under chemical reaction engine power. He noted that they wouldn't get very far with such old technology, certainly not as a presumably interstellar ship. I agreed, but theorized that maybe they switched over to some sort of hyperspace drive or used wormholes once they got out of the Earth's gravitational field. We have to help out the writers any way we can.... :lol:
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-09-22, 08:26

Banjo wrote:We have to help out the writers any way we can.... :lol:

biggrin
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-12-28, 00:36

Finally got to see this one and I liked it. Wish Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig were in lots more scene together. They looked like they were enjoying themselves.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum