The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SyFy sched.

4 posters

Go down

SyFy sched. Empty SyFy sched.

Post  Banjo 2011-03-24, 13:45

It's a good thing they'll still have Warehouse 13, Eureka, and Haven, because the rest of this stuff almost sounds like a "put on " [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] tongue

The next Battlestar spinoff may have something... but why not just bring back Caprica ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Campy Movies, ‘Battlestar’ Spin-Off on SyFy Slate

by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mar 24th, 2011 | 7:39 AM | Comments [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Which one of these TV movies sounds better to you? They’re both
made-for-TV movies slated to air in the coming year on the SyFy channel –
No. 1: “Jersey Shore Shark Attack,” and No. 2: “Big Foot,” starring
Danny Bonaduce ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) and Barry Williams ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).
It’s pretty much of a toss-up, isn’t it? We thought so because who
can fail to be intrigued by tantalizing TV movie concepts like this? To
us, these were two of the most eye-catching concepts of the many new
shows SyFy brass unveiled at a presentation for advertising agencies and
the press in New York on Tuesday. We also liked a few of the other
movie titles – including “Snowmagedden” and “Zombie Apocalypse,” though
details on all the movies, other than their tempting titles, were not
revealed.
What else did SyFy reveal? Here are some of the highlights, starting with scripted shows:
“Alphas”: This new drama series starring Malik Yoba centers on a group of ordinary people with extraordinary powers. If that sounds a little like NBC’s late, lamented [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
then that’s because it is like that show – at least a little bit (and
based only on a clip shown at the presentation). “Alphas” will premiere
in July, at around the same time SyFy brings back [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
“Battlestar: Blood & Chrome”: Another [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
spin-off, this one will take place in the 10th year of the first Cylon
war, according to SyFy. And if you know what that means, then you are
among the many who are no doubt hugely excited about this new chapter in
the “Battlestar” saga. Does the pic mean that Trisha Helfer will be in it ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“Me and Lee”: The news here is – this is a comedy,
one of several on the development blackboard for the first time at SyFy.
We’re singling this one out because it’s from executive producer Jenji
Kohan, the brains behind [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
on Showtime. And check out this show’s priceless premise: It’s about a
20-something slacker who goes into the hospital for back surgery. But
the surgery goes awry somehow and leaves him physically diminished.
Just then, he is visited by none other than Lee Majors (yes, the actor plays himself) who persuades the young man to join him in Majors’ lab where the former star of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] will transform his new protégé with new, updated bionic technology and then mentor him on how to use his new “equipment.”
And in the non-scripted vein:
“Culture Shock with Tommy Lee”: The exuberant Motley
Crue drummer takes viewers along as he investigates the secrets of
secret societies – from Skull and Bones to the Freemasons. No premiere
date was given.
“Dinner with Deepak”: This one is basically a show built around dinnertime conversation featuring author and spiritualist Deepak Chopra
and a guest or two. The lineup of guests was not revealed (nor the
airdate), but a clip showed Chopra conversing with Russell Simmons.
“Monster Man”: Described by SyFy as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] meets [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this reality series depicts the kooky (“and altogether ooky”) family life of a Hollywood clan that fabricates movie monsters.
SyFy execs said this year’s development slate is the most ambitious
in the channel’s history. There was no word on who will star in “Jersey
Shore Shark Attack,” and while we’d love to see Snooki, The Situation,
Paulie D and the other “Jersey Shore-ites” from MTV flex their acting
muscles in this sure-to-be talked about dramatic film, we’re not holding
our breath for that to happen.
Banjo
Banjo

SyFy sched. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100SyFy sched. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

SyFy sched. Empty Re: SyFy sched.

Post  Berry 2011-03-24, 13:54

Personally, I'd rather see them put Three Inches on the programming list as opposed to that Me and Lee show:

Syfy, which is meeting advertisers today at its upfront presentation in New York, continues to be focused on launching a single-camera comedy series. After developing half-hour projects for the past year, Syfy has narrowed the field for a potential pilot order. It includes supernatural comedy In the Dark, which joins Three Inches, a half-hour version of Syfy's hourlong pilot, and previously announced Me and Lee.

In the Dark follows a misfit group of third-tier ghost hunters whose misguided efforts tend to highlight their incompetence rather than paranormal activity. From Universal Cable Prods., In the Dark is being written by Michael Davidoff and Bill Rosenthal, who are exec producing with Dan Taberski through Idiot Box Prods.

In Three Inches, professional daydreamer and underachiever Walter Spackman is struck by lightning and develops a unique "super" power -- the ability to move any object using just his mind ... but only a distance of three inches. He's soon immersed in a world of extraordinarily ordinary people like himself. Three Inches was one of two drama pilots about ordinary people with powers along with Alphas. When Syfy in December opted to pick up Alphas to series, it put Three Inches in redevelopment as a half-hour. The project's studio, Fox TV Studios, extended the cast's options until June. Harley Peyton is the writer/exec producer. Bob Cooper is exec producing through Landscape Entertainment.

Me and Lee, once produced as a pilot for Fox, is about a down-on-his-luck twentysomething who goes in for back surgery, but the procedure doesn’t go well. Enter Lee Majors, who entices the young man into his ultra high-tech lab and makes him bionic. Majors becomes the unlikeliest of mentors helping the young man get his life back together. Weeds creator Jenji Kohan exec produces Me and Lee with the project's writer Matthew Salzberg, Allan Loeb and Steven Pearl. Lionsgate TV is producing.

Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2011-03-25, 03:11

Oh good Haven's coming back...I was just wondering is that was renewed. two thumbs up

Alphas? sounds interesting...loved Heroes, watched The Cape, wandered in and out on No Ordinary Family...

Battlestar: Blood & Chrome...so BSG's prequel 2.0...I'll bite.

biggrin
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-04-08, 14:10

So what is up with all the STUPID shows on SciFi now!?!

Can anything be more lame and less Science Fiction than "Marcel's Quantum Kitchen" or the wrestling show!?! I watched about half of an episode the other day! Couldn't stand him when he was on Bravo's Top Chief and can't stand him now!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What happened to my X-File's alien and Original SGU's episodes!?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] And of course not renewing Roswell!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When they renamed it SyFy and added wrestling and all the ghost hunter shows, etc. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] When SGU is over, I will be done watching until Warehouse 13 comes back on. They didn't cancel that, did they? Suspect
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-04-08, 14:37

Sanctuary comes back on April 15th, I think.

And I'm looking forward to Dr. Who (but that's on BBCA) on April 23rd and Game of Thrones (on HBO ) on April 17th.
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2011-04-08, 23:07

I'm curious about why The Sarah Conner Chronicles is scheduled...last Thursday, 2 episodes...which I thought was a good sort of kick off for new programing, no repeats tho...next Thursday 4 episodes....what?
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-04-09, 15:58

Sarah Conner repeats is what is making SyFy worthwhile at the moment . I'm recording them and just watched the first two. That had to be the best series on SyFy in years, or ever. You have to wonder why they cancelled it, although at the time they said something about how expensive it was to produce. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But Summer Glau still cracks me up with how she plays Cameron. Lena Heady does well also. I wonder if it's harder to play a very emotional roles like her's, or a totally emotionless role like Summer's ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sure enough there are 4 eps on Thursday. Thanks Sandi ! At that rate they will finish all 3 seasons in a month !
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2011-04-10, 04:05

I think it was originally on FOX..I just wanted one a week, so it could be enjoyed, it's a bad programing plan, depending on viewers to have DVR's or watch online.

*sigh*
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-04-10, 10:49

You're right, it was originally on Fox, which I guess explains why it was canceled.... :P
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down