The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lone Ranger

+2
Berry
BoardMomma
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Lone Ranger Empty The Lone Ranger

Post  BoardMomma 2012-02-08, 23:24

Yeah, yeah, sure...it's Johnny Depp so it is going to be great. But, that's not the reason I'm going to be obsessing over this movie. You see...I have a friend who has a part in the movie and I'm just thrilled to death for him. He got all excited when the casting call came out the first time. Then the next thing we heard was that the movie was cancelled. He was so upset...So I read on line that the movie was back on and of course told him right away and he didn't beleive me. Well...you can bet he did after he got his call back. Ha ha...no flies on Deb :) So yesterday at the expense of the production company he is flown out to Albuquerque to for his clothes fitting and the stories he told me over lunch today were just a hoot. No, I can't tell you his name just yet or what his part is...contractual stuff....but I will as soon as I can. And I'm thinking that should be around the time he goes back to Albuequerque for "Cowboy" school. He'll have to learn to ride a horse and then they will probably film the part that he's in after that. So, hint, hint Banjo...but only if you have time and it's not trouble...I hear security is extremely tight...but most of the filming is in Albuquerque and some in Texas...probably around the Big Bend area. I can't wait to see the finished product! clap
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

The Lone Ranger Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Lone Ranger Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

The Lone Ranger Empty Re: The Lone Ranger

Post  Berry 2012-02-09, 00:24

I am so thrilled for your friend,. I know he must have been disappointed when the financing or whatever fell thru. But yay! now its back on. I hope Depp will look somewhat like my expectations. I must say that I am very disappointed how his make-up for Dark Shadows is. I've been looking forward to a movie of that for 30 years...and seeing the first stills, I feel blech!
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-02-09, 13:20

I heard that they started shooting last month, of course they don't say where. I suppose that some of the indoor scenes will be shot at Albq.Studios. No chance of getting in there. The outdoor scenes will be somewhere around here and up north of Santa Fe. Most companies like that scenery up there where Cowboys and Aliens was filmed, they never let the exact locations out.

There are usually a lot of 'Johnny Depp' sightings, mostly false, whenever he's in the area, heard about a few in town a few months ago, but the news media hasn't featured anything yet, other than the sighting stories and filming sched.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210819/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210819/news#ni22151523

http://jimages.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/the-rio-puerco-valley/

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/nm/cabezon.html

I've never heard it called "Puerco Valley", the Rio Puerco (dry) runs through there and there is an old 'ghost town' there that was populated as late as post WWII, I think, but they would have to build a lot more stuff to make it look 'real'. One of the Breaking Bad episodes was filmed there. Remember the one where the two assassin brothers drove up in their Mercedes and were crawling on their stomachs ? I've been there on a motorcycle 5-6 years ago, we came over the east ridge and dropped down the slope, impassable by car, and the one access road is easily blocked .
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-03-08, 15:58

Now wait just a doggone minute....who came up with that "costume" for Tonto? There's never been anything remotely like that in the comic strip, or the old Saturday matinee serials, or the TV show, or anywhere else....I'm waiting to see if some Indian group/tribe/pueblo complains about it. I wouldn't blame them... Rolling Eyes

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/movies/2012/03/08/first-look-lone-ranger-photo-released/

Oh, and one more thing...the "real" Lone Ranger was a Texas Ranger who was ambushed and left for dead, but recovered and vows to fight for truth, justice, and the American Way forevermore. After all that's why he's called the Lone Ranger. But I predict that any reference to the Texas Rangers will not be in this film. tongue

Last edited by Banjo on 2012-03-08, 23:10; edited 1 time in total
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-03-08, 21:34

Oh, that johnny...they give him way too much input on his costuming. And he gives it way too much thought after a weekend of recreational stimulants!

disclaimer:(I'm assuming from the photograph, I have no actual knowledge of Mr. Depp''s activities)
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2012-03-09, 22:02

Talked to my friend whose name is Damon today. It's a go. He leaves Monday for Albuquerque and will not be released to spend time with his family until mid April. Then he will return to Albuquerque to finish his part of the filming. clap He is so excited and confided that he does have a scene with DEPP and after several minutes of trying to pick my jaw off the floor I finally said, "YOU DOG!" To which he just about died laughing. He told me about the scene and it sounds awesome. But sorry, I'm not sharing 'cause I might jinx it and it might wind up on the cutting room floor. I would hate to see that happen to Damon. Its happened in many things he's done before. Of course he got paid, but he is really wanting the recognition.

His IDMb page

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2308823/

Yes, he is quite the cutie...and very married. He and his wife Brady own the The Tin Cup which is my favorite place to have lunch with friends. They have two kids, one in college and one about to graduate from high school. His wife Brady who's dream it was to open the Tin Cup is now teaching Drama Classes at UTA.

I showed Damon the pic of Tonto and the Lone Ranger...he didn't like Depps' over the top look either. So we are both hoping that is just a promo pic...but who knows.

Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-03-09, 23:33

Nice to hear about your friend AR. Here's hoping that if he has outdoor scenes that it isn't windy that day. We're coming up on the windy season and they just won't be able to film outside on those days.

I suspect that the pic of Depp as Tonto will be what he really will look like. I still can't figure out what the reason was for that get up. The Lone Ranger 66732
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2012-03-22, 00:13

Banjo wrote:Nice to hear about your friend AR. Here's hoping that if he has outdoor scenes that it isn't windy that day. We're coming up on the windy season and they just won't be able to film outside on those days.

I suspect that the pic of Depp as Tonto will be what he really will look like. I still can't figure out what the reason was for that get up. The Lone Ranger 66732

The scene with Depp is not outside...sorry that's all I can say and beleive me, it's killin' me. tongue Damon sent me a couple of pictures of him at "cowboy school" and of course a "near threat" not to share them anywhere on the net or with anyone. And of course I've complied but they are great pictures.

I can say Banjo that the place where they were riding in the second pic was a dry creek bed and the area around them was dry as a bone.

I talked to Brady today and she said that they might go up for Easter and stay while he's there. They just didn't know exactly when he would get his first release. No news about Depps costume...guess we'll see. Wink

BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-03-22, 11:42

They are probably out in the Rio Puerco where they built that set....and wouldn't confirm or deny what it was for, but everyone knows...

There have been times in recorded history when there was water in the Rio Puerco in this area but it takes a heck of a lot of winter snow and rain up north for that to happen so they don't have to worry about being washed out.... tongue
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2012-03-23, 15:43

One of my friends was going to Durango, CO this week wanting to be an extra in this film so that must be where part of it is being filmed. Really her hope is to meet Johnny Depp.
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-03-23, 15:58

They keep the extras rounded up and well away from the actors in most cases. But maybe she'll get lucky. At least, it will probably be fun. sunny
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2012-03-23, 22:59

I was talking with Damons' daughter Raven the other day and she was giving me the inside info of who her dad was spending time with and having dinner with. He's been out with the director, costume designer (who has worked with Madonna and had stories to tell) Armie Hammer who plays the Lone Ranger and Raven said her dad liked him and he was very nice. But no Johnny Depp anywhere because even with his disguises he is still spotted and mobbed immediately. Amie had invited Depp and said that he wished he could but he can't. So, wherever Depp is holed up...nobody is going to find him.

Rus I hope your friend gets the extra job. She's doing something I hope to do when I'm retired. Just because it sounds like loads of fun....even if it's just a don't blink or you'll miss me deal. tongue
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-03-24, 12:40

Hundreds show up for Lone Ranger casting cal

Posted at: 03/23/2012 7:18 PM

| Updated at: 03/23/2012 7:22 PM

By: Liz Lastra, KOB

The Lone Ranger Lone_ranger

Hundreds showed up for an open casting call in Durango for the Lone Ranger on Friday.

Richard Tavenner missed his first chance to be an extra.

“I found out they was having tryouts in Santa Fe so I hitchhiked down there and found out I was late,” said Tavenner.

But this time he was first in line.

“Well I slept by the river last night and I hitch hiked from Cortez
yesterday to get here,” he said. Many of the hundreds in line traveled
from far away.

“It was about a six hour drive,” said Colorado Springs resident Scott Stanley.

And some even dressed the part.

“I've done a few movies before. My sister works in the industry so this is old hat this is what you do,” said Durango resident Rod Sweet.

Casting directors are looking for men and woman over the age of 18, all shapes and sizes with any level of experience.

The movie,
starring Johnny Depp, will start filming in June and calls for hundreds
of extras. People said they weren’t surprised by the large turnout.

“Well i think it's just part of America. Any western, it's in our lore…it's in our history,” said Stanley.

And everyone has high hopes.

“This is like a dream for me...just even this right here is a dream for me at the moment,” said Durango resident, Boone Grisby.

To find out when and where the next casting call is you can visit www.facebook.com/pages/Lone-Ranger-Casting/155113584604861
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2012-03-24, 23:22

You are making me want to go.... beatdown I could be a grandma type...running in my long dress across the prairie...I was born and raised and still live on the prairie...oh...long skirt...yeah that trippin' thing on the petticoats...get me everytime.. Rolling Eyes
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2012-05-07, 23:08

I hadn't had a chance to say that Damon is back home now. He might have to return later this month to do more filming but won't find out for another week or so. He has to keep his beard and scraggly look and he really looks like a cowboy. They went out to a "remote" place, I'm guessing from the pics I saw that was Rio Puerco. Damon said they rode horses every day he was there. and filmed scenes over and and over. He got to see the dailies and said it was a once in a lifetime experience. I think I get a better idea of why the film costs so much. He said the director wasn't happy in one scene that the sun wasn't out and the sky was cloudy. So they sat for two days waiting for the clouds to disappear. I asked if he was a picky person to work for and the answer was yes, extremely so and that's why I think this film will be good. I really hope it is a good film and I can't wait to see it. clap
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-05-08, 07:43

I think I could have lived with a few clouds...but that's why he's in charge and not me, I guess. I hope it will be wonderful too. Though I do have reservations about that Tonto make-up job. sunny
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-05-08, 11:23

They're keeping the whole production under the radar. The local media has had very few stories on it and Johnny Depp has been nowhere to be seen. There was a meeting with him and some Indians which went well and they appreciated his role as Tonto but the headgear is still weird....

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20587023,00.html

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2012/04/16/new-mexico-filming-news-the-lone-ranger-moves-to-monument-valley-breaking-bad-star-disses-abq-and-the-rambler-begins-filming-in-roswell/
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2012-05-11, 19:53

Saw Damon briefly today. He said that they did filming for the part he is in in New Mexico, Arizona and Utah. He was scheduled to return for some more filming on May 15th but due to the weather, it's been pushed back to May 30th.

He also said that of the time he spent with Depp that he is the kindest most gentle person you would ever want to meet. Very soft spoken and an excellent actor.
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-05-12, 15:37

That's a good decsion, the weather has been iffy, but supposed to be pretty good by the end of next week. Yesterday we even got some rain ! All the local TV stations had their entire field reporter staff out showing us the rain falling all over town. Amazingly it looked the same no matter where they went , although they breathlessly assured us that it was unique in human experience. Rolling Eyes
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-05-17, 11:58

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2012-05-18, 00:57

A stuntman has been injured on the set of the movie “The Lone Ranger.”

Bernalillo County Sheriff Deputies say the accident happened as crews were filming a scene near the Rio Puerco involving a slow-moving train.

So far, authorities haven’t said much about the incident. It comes just one week after actor Johnny Depp reported being thrown from his horse and dragged 25 yards.

Depp claimed the horse could have trampled him - but didn’t – thanks to the strong bond he had formed with the animal.

Hadn't heard of this and I don't know if Damon is just away from work or if he has gone back to finish filming. Hope the stuntman is going to be ok. Depp is right about the "strong bond" with the horse. Damon said they rode horses everyday and that was to form the bond with the horse. But I'm surprised that Depp announced that he was thrown from his horse and was dragged. That's scary. That train scene...evidently is very important ....and that's all I can say about that.

Last edited by BoardMomma on 2012-08-01, 00:02; edited 1 time in total
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-07-15, 21:40

It's been met with skepticism and a host of production problems almost since it's inception but Lone Ranger debuted a surprising sneak peek during the Disney panel which was met with virtually universal praise.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=63653
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2012-07-15, 22:26

wave

Sounds like a good one!
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2012-07-15, 23:27

Despite the problems I think it will be good. I don't have access to Damon because he's gone on vacation and probably won't be back until cooler weather. Wink

It's a long wait but from did hear...That director wants perfection.
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-07-16, 15:06

It sounds interesting and quite different from the "classic" versions.

the focus was firmly on Depp's Tonto as he was shown uncoupling a train car while hanging underneath. .....this reminds me of a scene in Hell on Wheels where the Indians didn't like the railroad coming through and one of them raced it. BTW, HOW returns in less than a month ! clap
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next