The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Wars

3 posters

Go down

Dragon Wars Empty Dragon Wars

Post  LarryP 2007-10-24, 07:06

I don't know if anyone has brought up this ite -- here goes.

Jason Behr Unlimited

http://www.Jason-Behr.com

Dragon Wars Premiere Date and Place Announced!

DRAGON WARS will have a premiere screening at the Egyptian Theatre on Sept 13. Members of the cast and crew will be there... I don't know exactly who at this point, but will post specifics on SciFi Japan once I have them.

Thursday, September 13 at 7:30 PM

DRAGON WARS, 2007, Freestyle Releasing, 90 min. Starring Jason Behr (THE GRUDGE), Amanda Brooks (FLIGHTPLAN) and Robert Forster (JACKIE BROWN), and written & directed by Hyung Rae Shim, this is rumored to be the most expensive Korean film ever made, a super big budget giant monster fest with state-of-the art special effects. Dragon-like creatures from an ancient legend appear in Los Angeles, scale buildings, flip cars and terrorize the city in search of a girl named Sarah. While investigating one of the disaster sites, a TV reporter Ethan, uncovers a piece of debris which directly links him to this legend. Ethan must realize his destiny as an ancient warrior who was re-born to protect Sarah from the evil dragons and save the city from total destruction. Discussion after the film with members of cast & crew, with a reception to follow.

The Egyptian Theatre is located at 6712 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood CA. Special admission prices for this show (includes reception) are $15.00 general, $12.00 students and seniors, and $10.00 for American Cinematheque members. Tickets can be purchased at the theater box office, or online at Fandango. Complete ordering instructions, parking info, and directions are available on the Egyptian Theatre site.
LarryP
LarryP
Transformation
Transformation

Dragon Wars Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dragon Wars Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-12

Back to top Go down

Dragon Wars Empty Re: Dragon Wars

Post  LarryP 2007-10-24, 07:09

Sorry guys, I have to use a larger sized font. Oops!

Jason Behr Unlimited

http://www.Jason-Behr.com

Dragon Wars Premiere Date and Place Announced!

DRAGON WARS will have a premiere screening at the Egyptian Theatre on Sept 13. Members of the cast and crew will be there... I don't know exactly who at this point, but will post specifics on SciFi Japan once I have them.

Thursday, September 13 at 7:30 PM

DRAGON WARS, 2007, Freestyle Releasing, 90 min. Starring Jason Behr (THE GRUDGE), Amanda Brooks (FLIGHTPLAN) and Robert Forster (JACKIE BROWN), and written & directed by Hyung Rae Shim, this is rumored to be the most expensive Korean film ever made, a super big budget giant monster fest with state-of-the art special effects. Dragon-like creatures from an ancient legend appear in Los Angeles, scale buildings, flip cars and terrorize the city in search of a girl named Sarah. While investigating one of the disaster sites, a TV reporter Ethan, uncovers a piece of debris which directly links him to this legend. Ethan must realize his destiny as an ancient warrior who was re-born to protect Sarah from the evil dragons and save the city from total destruction. Discussion after the film with members of cast & crew, with a reception to follow.

The Egyptian Theatre is located at 6712 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood CA. Special admission prices for this show (includes reception) are $15.00 general, $12.00 students and seniors, and $10.00 for American Cinematheque members. Tickets can be purchased at the theater box office, or online at Fandango. Complete ordering instructions, parking info, and directions are available on the Egyptian Theatre site.
LarryP
LarryP
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2007-10-24, 07:42

The movie came out while we were all in Albuquerque, but we didn't find the time to go see it.
jojo
jojo

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2007-10-24, 09:35

wave

I went to see it about a week after we got back from ABQ... I really liked it! bravo Of course the dragons were the star of the show. I thought Two Hearts Jason Two Hearts did very well given the material he had to work with. biggrin biggrin biggrin

Now I'm :waiting: to add the DVD to my collection.
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  LarryP 2008-01-15, 06:31

Hey jero ...
I finally got a hold of the DVD. Dragon Wars is only 90 minutes long. Ugh! Sad Definitely not enough time to fully develop the plot.
And yes, the dragons were the stars. Jason did not make a very believable reporter. But, you could be right about the script being nothing to write home about.

Bottom line ... I like dragon movies, so I'll keep the DVD and probably will watch it again. Unfortunately, this was not one of Jason's best.
LarryP
LarryP
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2008-01-15, 15:04

wave

From what I've read, it was a blockbuster in Korea... Jason Behr is a household name there now... One country at a time... Wink
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down