The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tony Awards

2 posters

Go down

The Tony Awards Empty The Tony Awards

Post  Berry 2013-06-09, 09:18

The Tony Awards for best of Broadway are tonight on CBS at 8 EST. I'm excited. Just me? :bounce:
Berry
Berry

The Tony Awards Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Tony Awards Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

The Tony Awards Empty Re: The Tony Awards

Post  Banjo 2013-06-09, 11:26

Two hour premire of Falling Skies on at the same time. Guess which will win out ? Academy Awards and Golden Globes are about my limit for awards shows because at least I've heard of the productions, if not actually seen them. Not so with the Tonys.
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2013-06-09, 15:19

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/06/09/tony-awards-2013-expect-the-unexpected/

That's why I watch the Tony's...you get to see scenes or production numbers from some of the top shows. Plus you get to hear about shows that have been under your radar. I guess it does make a difference that I go up to NYC at least once a year. So I am on the lookout for what's good (as opposed to what's the big tourist attraction) to see. Right now "Kinky Boots" and a play about George Balanchine (at the Lincoln Center) are at the top of my list. But I bet I'll have a few more after tonight. And Neil Patrick Harris as host...phenomenal (he's a New Mexico guy, you know) two thumbs up

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2013-06-09, 22:44

Just watched all 3 hours...worth it to me. Learned I want to see Kinky Boots and something with a lot of Russian names and Spike (Vanya and Ilka and Masha and Spike...or something like that) . Neil Patrick Harris is a wonderful host and his ad libs are better than the scripted stuff. Lovely to see Cyndi Lauper win for writing the music for Kinky Boots and Cicily Tyson win for "Trip to Bountiful". And I loved the dresses people wore. At the Oscars I am often thinking What were they thinking?? But all the gowns I noticed last night were flattering and covered the "kinky bits" . :P

Here's a complete list of the winners

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/06/tony-awards-2013-the-full-and-complete-winners-list.html
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-06-10, 12:29

Neal is one of the best hosts for any awards show. He graduated from the same high school as Jen. He was one year ahead of her. I think he was doing Doogie Houser M.D. at that time .

I watched a little of the Tonys during commercials on Falling Skies.....never heard of any of those shows....
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down