The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking Bad.....the final 8

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Breaking Bad.....the final 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Bad.....the final 8

Post  Berry 2013-08-06, 16:42

Sounds like an interesting event. sunny 
Berry
Berry

Breaking Bad.....the final 8 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Breaking Bad.....the final 8 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2013-08-06, 21:51

I'd love to go! But not possible. We're just a few days from the start of the last season. Everybody excited? I know I am. :)
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Breaking Bad.....the final 8 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Breaking Bad.....the final 8 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-08-07, 14:49

I haven't seen these. I only go past one of them very often. Might try to get a pic next time....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also, a polling company did a poll and found that 90% of the respondents said that they were going to watch the premier.  There's also going to be several "viewing parties" around town. I can't find the report, it was on a local station....oh, it's the video on the krqe link.
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-08-07, 15:54

Actual dialog from the premier !

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-08-08, 15:28

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-08-08, 15:40

#10 on this list should be a success. It worked very well on The Walking Dead and gives the fans a chance to interact with the actors/producers/writers. And Chris Hardwick does a good job as host.

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-08-10, 20:45

Breaking Bad brews selling fast

Posted at: 08/10/2013 5:58 PM
By: Jeffery Gordon, KOB.com

The final season of Breaking Bad is set to kick off on Sunday and Marble Brewery’s Breaking Bad inspired brews are selling fast.

The brewery is still selling its Breaking Bad brews, but there is a chance they may run out.

The beers are inspired by both sides of drug kingpin Walter White’s personality.

Heisenberg’s Dark represents Walt’s secret alter ego, and Walt’s White Lie represents the former chemistry teacher’s family life.

Marble Brewery told KOB Eyewitness News 4 that they sold about 12,000 pints of the special brews in just seven hours.

The brewery staff plans to make more, but they expect to sell out of the original batch by the end of the weekend.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-08-10, 21:30

I think the guesses involving the Ricin are closest to the mark....

Breaking Bad Season 5, part 2 - Our predictions
Breaking Bad's inevitable end is nigh. But how will Walt, Jesse and the rest of the characters embroiled in this surburban drugs drama wind up? Telegraph writers make their predictions.

By Telegraph Reporters

7:00AM BST 09 Aug 2013

Breaking Bad, the American drama as addictive as the crystal meth its plot revolves around, left its avid fanbase hanging off a cliff last summer. The only thing they knew was that the next series, which airs in the UK via Netflix on Monday, would be the last, and likely to be grisly.

The show's trailers have been taunting us, with adverts saying, "All bad things must come to an end" and members of Breaking Bad's cast all seem very pleased with how things turn out. Bryan Cranston, who plays Walter White, the chemistry teacher who becomes a meth cook and wreaks havoc on, well, everything, has said the ending is "very satisfying to Breaking Bad fans. It’s unapologetic, it’s very Breaking Bad". Aaron Paul, who plays White's sometime-junkie business partner Jesse, seems to agree, saying he "couldn't be happier with the way it ended".

So who will die? Who will survive? The Telegraph's Breaking Bad fans have made their predictions:

Three things will happen. Walter's cancer will return, baby Holly will die and Hank will kill Walter. Unless Walter kills Hank. Or unless Jesse kills Hank to protect Walter. Or maybe Junior will kill Hank AND Jesse to protect Walter. Or Ted Beneke will make a dramatic return to become Hank’s star witness – and then will kill Walter. Or maybe Holly will kill... Oh, I don't know. All I know is that whatever Vince Gilligan comes up with will surprise – and probably devastate – us all.

Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan has said "we're not going out with a whimper". But does Walter White (aka invincible drug-lord Heisenberg) die? And, if so, who kills him? Not his own returning cancer, although that would be poetic. Not even old partner Jesse, whom Walter murders. I bet on Walter to be taken down by cop brother-in-law Hank, with Walt's poor sap son Walt junior having to watch his father die. Walt's corrupt and cynical wife Skyler tries for witness protection in a deal brokered by shark lawyer Saul Goodman.

Alice Vincent

Two things have kept Breaking Bad's plot twisting: family, and Walt's ego. Neither can happily exist while the other is present, and both will come to miserable ends. The emphasis put on Ozymandias, the Romantic poem by Shelley about fallen empires, and title of one of the forthcoming episodes, suggests Walt is still building his, even if it is doomed. His new partner-in-crime Tod is still on the scene, after all. Someone will wreak revenge on Walt, and going on Vince Gilligan's storytelling so far, they will be a cameo brought back from an earlier episode. His family can only find out, and fall out, in the process.

Benjamin Secher

Only a fool – or a savant – would claim to know how Breaking Bad will end. But if there is one thing about which I feel horribly certain, it’s that Walter’s son – the sole central character who remains sweet and good and utterly unblemished; the one true innocent in a community steeped in criminality – will end up dead. Despite its comic flourishes, Vince Gilligan’s masterpiece is a full-blown tragedy, and the loss of his son is the only comeuppance that would befit Walter’s crimes (which, let’s not forget, already include poisoning one child; and disposing of another’s body).

Besides, there are only two reasons to give a character the exact same name as his father: one is to suggest that the boy will inevitably follow in his dad's footsteps (and if the series had a softer centre, it would end with Junior taking the helm of Walter’s crystal meth empire); the other is to set-up a scene of mistaken identity. So when an assassin sent by Lydia, or a sniper working for Hank, arrives on the scene, I predict he will end up offing the wrong Walter White. Oh, and Junior will be wearing his father’s Heisenberg hat when it happens.

Walt and Jesse: will one kill the other? (AP)

Patrick Smith

Walter White will die, of that I'm certain. How though? Possibly cancer – there have been signs that it’s returning. My prediction, however, is that he dies, clutching an M60, during a showdown with the Chileans – but only after he's saved Hank, who's debating whether or not to arrest him, from being caught in the crossfire. I am also fairly convinced that Walt is going to bump off his wife, Skyler, perhaps with the Ricin. As for Jesse – well, I think/hope he'll prevail. Same goes for Saul (he does have a spin-off show after all). What a brilliantly bleak show Breaking Bad is.

Ross Jones

Remember the Ricin. The last time we saw Walt’s poisonous fake cigarette it was being carefully sealed behind a power-point near the marital bed. He’s ALMOST deployed it so often, it seems inevitable that his tiny tube of home-made death will play a major part in the last few episodes. Breaking Bad loves to punish evil deeds, and Walt is due a world of pain.

Will the Ricin end up in baby Holly’s bottle? That would certainly destroy Walt, but a show as moral as this one would never kill a baby (I hope). Walt Jnr? Too obvious. Skyler? Walt wouldn’t mind that a bit. Hank? A coughing fit and some internal bleeding is too boring an end for the man who survived The Twins. Jesse? A paranoid mess who almost used the stuff himself, he’s unlikely to fall for it. No, I think Walt will connive to end this on his own terms. He’ll take the Ricin himself, possibly after discovering that his cancer has come back with a vengeance, possibly after Hank has him cornered in his New Hampshire hideaway, possibly after confessing all to Jesse and deliberately denying him the pleasure of killing him, but most likely a combination of all three.

His punishment? Hank, careful to save face after failing to spot a criminal mastermind across the dinner table, will cover up all traces of Walt’s empire. Nobody will remember his name. Or Heisenberg’s.

Walt with the Ricin: the Chekhov's gun? (AP)

Thomas H Green

With DEA brother-in-law Hank closing in fast, Walt and Jesse – but not Skyler – will end up on the run. The opening of the first part of season 5 showed a hirsute Walt buying a machine gun and loading it into his car. Combined with a later scene where Walt and son watch the “Say hello to my little friend” climax of Brian de Palma’s ‘Scarface’, it suggests he may go down in a Tony Montana-style blaze of violence, probably in some New Mexican desert backwater. His death, however, will have purpose – allowing Jesse a chance at escape, redemption and a shot at a new beginning.

Ben Hazell

I think Walt's son Walt Jr (Flynn) has been saved for key moments at the end. We're due the crushing instant he discovers what his father and mother have done and I suspect he'll get a setpiece hero moment. I also think we'll see him juxtaposed with Jessie somehow, the son and the apprentice.

The hidden Ricin capsule is quite the Chekhov's gun and will probably be the end of Walt. That or he uses his montage-Chemistry superpower to fake death and escape.

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2013-08-11, 01:42

Today is the day! I can hardly wait!clap  We all know this has got to go down bad. It the only way to end it but it's HOW it goes down that is driving us nuts. Wink Whatever happens, I think we will be properly "devastating." But it will be a closure that fits the story. I hope. Wink
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2