The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man of Steel

2 posters

Go down

Man of Steel Empty Man of Steel

Post  Banjo 2013-06-30, 17:43

I probably wouldn't have gone to this on my own but Jennifer wanted to see it so off we went.  It was better than I expected. It covered Superman's origins more completely, what happened on Krypton, his mother and father, etc. Good CGI of a bunch of stuff never shown or hinted at in any other movie/TV/comics/ etc. That part took up nearly half an hour.

On Earth as a child/school years it went into greater detail about the sociological ramifications of having such a being secretly on Earth and several of his  life saving episodes as a child raised questions amongst the citizens of Smallville, which his dad taught him to hide. This was the best part of the movie, imo.

Later during the battles with Gen. Zod it became more formulaic, the obligatory destruction of NYC, or at least part of it, the Daily Planet seemed to have survived, etc. It moved closer to previous Superman movies but the CGI has gotten a lot better since then.  Before the ending I thought that this should surely be the definitive version, how could they outdo themselves. But I'll be darned, the ending left open the possibility of a sequel, but I still don't see how they can outdo this one......but then remember Star Trek........Suspect
Banjo
Banjo

Man of Steel Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Man of Steel Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Man of Steel Empty Re: Man of Steel

Post  Berry 2013-06-30, 18:09

I liked it. Even tho I don't like Russell Crowe in ANYTHING. I wish they had done a little more of Clark/The Early Years but I guess that was what Smallville was for. sunny 
Berry
Berry

Man of Steel Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Man of Steel Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum