The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better Call Saul in February

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Better Call Saul in February Empty Better Call Saul in February

Post  Banjo 2014-01-11, 15:39

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Banjo on 2014-12-01, 10:50; edited 1 time in total
Banjo
Banjo

Better Call Saul in February Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Better Call Saul in February Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Better Call Saul in February Empty Re: Better Call Saul in February

Post  Berry 2014-01-11, 22:02

I'd watch that,,,and I also like the idea of the Revolutionary War drama "Turn" and to have Lee Pace (Wonderfalls) coming back in a series.  two thumbs up 
Berry
Berry

Better Call Saul in February Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Better Call Saul in February Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-01-30, 17:35

Jonathan Banks (Mike) has signed on as a permanent cast member.  two thumbs up I guess that means he won't be on Community any more as the scary professor.  scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2014-02-02, 15:13

I'll be looking forward to this and hoping it's a success. Lots of possibilities..Wink
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2014-02-03, 10:10

The guy who plays Saul says he feels like he won the lottery. I hope the show is a success.  two thumbs up 
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-04, 10:24

Bob Odenkirk. It will be his highest profile role of his career, although he's been all over the networks, HIMYM was a good role.....

Assuming that it's filmed in Albq. (I don't see how they can avoid it given the premise), it will be interesting to see what/where they choose as the exterior view of his office. The original was in a small strip 'office' complex which isn't suitable any more because of changes to the businesses there. Of course his office interior was a set at Albq. Studios.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-11, 15:32

In sort of related news, there's been a guy flying at the balloon park recently with a big R/C 'hexacopter' (six motors and props). It was the biggest I've ever seen, and he was flying it with FPV goggles (First Person Video) a simpler and cheaper version of how attack 'drones' are flown by the military. I never went over and looked at it or talked to him but it was reported that it was custom made by one of our club members and cost him $10 k, had GPS guidance and all the bells and whistles. etc. He wasn't out this morning but I was talking to another club member who had talked to the owner quite a bit and it turns out that he was the set construction chief on Breaking Bad. So I guess he lives here and maybe will get the same job on Saul.... scratch If I see him again I'll ask him.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2014-02-12, 00:26

oooh, our man on the inside...could be good.  two thumbs up 
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-21, 10:33

It starts filming here in May. Still on track to debut in Nov. Johnathan Banks is still the only one signed on from Breaking Bad.

I was thinking about how they would write and cast it. How long before Saul meets Walter White will it take place ?
I can't see how they could include any of the White family or the DEA guys. They might be able to include some of Walter's drug street salesmen such as Skinny Pete, etc. if they had gotten into trouble pre-their White jobs. scratch  :

Of course given Vince Gilligan's talent in coming up with great plots and casts we may see some entirely new and entertaining actors.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2014-02-21, 13:20

I wouldn't mind an occasional guest star spot for one of the "oldies". But I think they should be developing a whole new set of miscreants for this.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-21, 14:37

Yeah, I think they'll come up with some cast surprises. A lot of actors would like to get in on this hoping that it will be as successful as BB, or even half way...
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2014-02-21, 21:53

I do agree the show should take off in a new direction but then again Vince Gilligan left to his own devices does just fine. So, I'm eager to see what he will dream up.  clap 
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-24, 14:48

I was flying at the balloon park this morning and the guy with the $10k hexacopter (6 motors and props) was there so I walked over and took a look. I can see why it cost $10 K.....and he had 3 other quadcopters (4 motors and props) in his truck , and the high end digital camera on the hexacopter, two transmitters, other equipment....I'm guessing $30 K worth of stuff. But he's a really nice guy, W. Gilpin, but he goes by "W" as his professional name in the TV/movie industry.

He flew the hexacopter with an assistant controlling the second camera while he flew the 'copter. They use two video receivers mounted on tripods, one screen shows what the 'copter sees through its separate control camera like on a military drone. The other screen shows what the other big camera sees which can be pointed in any direction by the operator and takes stills or video.  

The big camera looked similar to this. A different brand, can't remember the name:

He mentioned all the movies and TV prods he's built sets for. He's signed up for Saul, starts building in April, they start shooting in May, the writers started in Nov.  Right now he's working on a pilot for CBS, The Messengers.  He did the sets for The Night Shift, that Brendon Fehr was in. He said it's in limbo right now, they don't know when or if the eps will air.

I asked him why they would have made such a visible mistake on Killer Women where the lack of a ceiling on the set was very visible. He said that whole production was rather amatuerish and they cut corners a lot.

He explained how the budgeting works on TV prods. and how each dept. had their own budgets to follow within the overall budget. He said that for example  if the transportation dept. didn't have a location shooting for any given episode and there was only on-set shooting,  that meant that their dept. budget would be less and he could use some of their budget on his own set budget.

He's lived here since '07 after 54 years in CA and will retire in two year and he will use  his 'copters as a retirement activity and also rent them for aerial footage /advertizing, etc.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2014-02-24, 15:14

Interesting guy...and you missed your calling, Banjo. You would have been an excellent journalist interviewer.  two thumbs up 
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-24, 15:58

Thanks, but probably too 'right-wing' to fit into today's journalism.... roflmao 
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-28, 14:17

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-04-15, 13:27

I would like to see her in Saul, but playing Jane again might be tricky to write unless she could appear as Saul's client for some reason before meeting Jesse.

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-04-28, 11:16

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-05-15, 18:28

‘Better Call Saul’ to start filming in ABQ

Bob Odenkirk will reprise his role as Saul Goodman in the series "Better Call Saul." (Courtesy of AMC/Ursula Coyote)
By Adrian Gomez / Asst. Arts Editor, Reel NM
UPDATED: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 8:46 pm
PUBLISHED: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Got a problem? Better Call Saul.

Saul Goodman — the slimy lawyer from “Breaking Bad” played by Bob Odenkirk — is coming back to Albuquerque with his own series.

According to the New Mexico Film Office, “Better Call Saul” will begin production in June in and around the Duke City. The production will employ at least 75 to 90 New Mexico crew members and it will be housed at Albuquerque Studios out in Mesa del Sol.

“We welcome this incredible production team back to the state,” said Nick Maniatis, Film Office director. “They have proven to be excellent partners with the city of Albuquerque and the state of New Mexico.”

According to Sony Pictures Television, the series is based on “Breaking Bad’s” character Saul Goodman. The plans are for “Saul” to be a one-hour prequel that will focus on the evolution of the popular Goodman character before he became Walter White’s lawyer.

“Given the tremendous acclaim associated with Vince Gilligan’s productions, we are thrilled to learn that ‘Better Call Saul’ will be filmed in Albuquerque,” said Mayor Richard Berry. “We enthusiastically welcome back Sony and AMC and are proud to add this production to the long list of creative and original shows filmed in our city.”

“Breaking Bad” creator Gilligan will be producer, but writer and producer Peter Gould will run the effort.

Already cast in the show are Johnathan Banks, who will reprise his role as Mike Ehrmantraut, and Micheal McKean, who will appear as Dr. Thurber.

Also joining the cast will be Patrick Fabian, Rhea Seehorn and Michael Mando.

“Better Call Saul” is scheduled to premiere in November on AMC.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2014-05-16, 00:13

Spin-offs are always hard to get just right...but this was a very watchable character. I will give it a try.  two thumbs up 
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-05-29, 22:25

They are beginning to film in some neighborhoods and have put out fliers asking residents if they would be willing to let them use their homes to shoot some scenes. At $500 a day you'd better darn well know I'd jump at that.....but they'd never come out here..... tongue Right now they are near the neighborhood where Gus Fring's house was. I wonder if they will pick a house where Saul lives ? We know nothing about his life 'off the job'.  scratch 
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-06-17, 13:18

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-06-20, 16:18

AMC orders season 2 of ‘Better Call Saul’

Bob Odenkirk, Peter Gould and Vince Gilligan are shown in a photo from the set of "Better Call Saul." The "Breaking Bad" prequel is being filmed in Albuquerque. (Courtesy of Jacob Lewis/AMC)
By Adrian Gomez / Asst. Arts Editor, Reel NM
PUBLISHED: Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 7:21 pm

How’s this for being so popular.

“Better Call Saul” hasn’t even aired yet and AMC has already ordered a second season for the TV show.

The “Breaking Bad” spin-off also got a new air date in 2015 and is currently filming in Albuquerque. It is also housed at Albuquerque Studios.

According to AMC, the 10 episodes will air in early 2015, while the second season of 13 episodes will air in 2016.

The series will chronicle the adventures of Saul Goodman, the underhanded attorney of Walter White before he teamed up with White.

AMC’s president Charlie Collier said in a statement that production is underway on the show and is anticipating the release of the show.

The show has been filming around the Duke City for a few weeks and AMC also released the first photo from the set.

“Breaking Bad” creator Gilligan will be producer, but writer and producer Peter Gould will run the effort.

Already cast in the show are Johnathan Banks, who will reprise his role as Mike Ehrmantraut, and Micheal McKean, who will appear as Dr. Thurber.

Also joining the cast will be Patrick Fabian, Rhea Seehorn and Michael Mando.

According to the New Mexico Film Office, “Better Call Saul” will begin production in June in and around the Duke City. The production will employ at least 75 to 90 New Mexico crew members.

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-06-24, 14:30

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-06-30, 16:31

If Cranston does come back then the initial premise (Saul before he met Walter) is completely changed.  scratch 
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next