The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Survivor starts tonight

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Survivor starts tonight Empty New Survivor starts tonight

Post  Banjo 2008-02-07, 18:40

I haven't checked out all the participants yet but the concept is interesting, 10 past participants, not winners, vs. hard core fans.
Banjo
Banjo

New Survivor starts tonight Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Survivor starts tonight Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

New Survivor starts tonight Empty Re: New Survivor starts tonight

Post  jojo 2008-02-08, 14:08

I watched it last night and loved it. Seeing some of the old favorites is fun. The fan named Erik (long blonde hair, very young) Is a 22 year old from Pinckney, Michigan, about ten miles from my house. There have been many write ups in the newspaper about him. He is sworn to not say a word about the results of the show. He is known as the ice cream scooper from Hell. (Hell Michigan is where he works)

The fans won the immunity challenge, which was great, because the favorites were rather cocky in front of the fans, saying they had lots of food, great shelter, a good night's sleep....and then they got their butts kicked. It was great!!!!!

Johnny Fairplay was sent home.....but he had obviously mellowed out from the first time he was on. Had a girlfriend and baby on the way back home....that is all he could think about.

Two couples on the favorites tribe have already gotten cozy with each other..........here we go......hang on!!!!!!
jojo
jojo

New Survivor starts tonight Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Survivor starts tonight Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2008-02-08, 14:54

I thought Jonny was lying again about having a baby on the way, as a ploy, but I guess not. The fan tribe will fall apart from internal bickering. And the "crazy lady" will be among the first to go.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  RaTTLHeD 2008-02-08, 17:18

i was hoping fairplay would hang around....
RaTTLHeD
RaTTLHeD

Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-02-15, 07:29

Didn't you love how the "Fans" clapped when they saw that Johnny had been voted out!!!

I felt bad for the gay guy who blew it trying to swim for the "Fans" team.
He really should not have said he was a swimmer.......but non the less, he was spared from being voted out......Mary was blindsided.....

I think they are picking on the Golf Course Vendor lady a little too much....sending her to exile Island??? Although I think they sent her because she already had an immunity idol, and so it left everyone else an open target for the vote.

All in all, another good show......I LOVE the color and clairity of the water where they are......I think they are near Figi..... absolutely beautiful!!!!!
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2008-02-15, 13:58

That guy who was surprised by Mary's departure, and had all the complicated theories on how to vote, should go next. He creeps me out. All in all they have a good looking group of women, always an important factor on Survivor. :lol: I agree that the surroundings are very beautiful. A lot better than that hellhole they were in in China.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  RaTTLHeD 2008-02-16, 17:01

pretty close...micronesia is a group of a lil over 600 island (only 60 or so inhabited). divided up into 4 states. located just north of fiji and vanautu and near new guinea
RaTTLHeD
RaTTLHeD

Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-02-29, 07:59

Someone fill me in, I have missed that last two Survivors.......so who has left in the last two weeks......anything interesting happening?????
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2008-02-29, 12:19

Yau-Man got booted last week from the favorites team. Because he represented too great an intellectual threat. Last night Mikey B. got booted from the fans team. He's the guy I called "creepy".

The fans lost both challanges. The favorites got a cage of chickens in the reward challenge.

I predict the fan team will spiral down to even greater humiliation.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-02-29, 12:30

Bummer, I was hoping the fans would do better after that great upset on the first show.

I like Yau-man.....but he is a pretty smart guy.....so yes, a threat to others......

Thanks for the update, banjo.
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-03-14, 13:04

I finally got to watch the whole show, uninterupted. Interesting little twists they like to throw into this show. I was surprised that when Jonathon had to leave due to the abscessed knee they still voted someone off. Doesn't that make them a week ahead of schedule now??? Maybe they won't vote off anyone in one of the future shows.
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2008-03-14, 17:14

No, they're not a week ahead of schedule, the vote-off is not dependent on anyone leaving for other reasons. It just evened out the numbers in each tribe. The weak and the weird are gradually being weeded out, leaving mostly bikini-wearing women. I approve... :lol:
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  ISLANDGIRL5 2008-03-18, 13:29

I liked Jonathon. I'm sad he had to leave.

I can't wait to see Cirie go.
ISLANDGIRL5
ISLANDGIRL5

Registration date : 2007-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-03-19, 08:26

I like Cirie, although she is much more into the "game" this time around.....but I had wanted her to win the first survivor she was on.....
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2008-03-19, 17:46

Another vote against Cirie. She is too much of a schemer and will alienate future attempts to form a coalition.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-03-20, 07:40

I do agree that Cirie is scheming more than ever....she used to be so sweet and innocent.....not anymore.....

hey, but will Ozzy ever get voted off, he is plowing his way to the finish line......with no one in his way???

Kathy must has not read the object of the game before signing up for the show....hello....it's called Survivor.
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  ISLANDGIRL5 2008-03-24, 15:24

Ozzy is playing this game just right. He's the one to beat right now.

My pick for the final 3: Ozzy, James, Amanda with James being the final winner.
ISLANDGIRL5
ISLANDGIRL5

Registration date : 2007-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-05-12, 14:04

Well, this season was full of surprises wasn't it???? And the biggest surprise to me was who won it all.....Parvarti????? Come on.....my hubbie and I don't agree with the jury on that one at all...Amanda should have won hands down...James did get the Sprint player of the season, taking home $100,000 ....good for him!!!!! Ozzie and Amanda were runners up on that one. They announced Ozzie and Amanda are still together.....
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2008-05-12, 19:01

Natalie was my favorite, at least she was the only fan to make it to the final four. Amanda would have been better than Parvarti....true.

Next season in Gabon, Africa should be interesting if they have the camps on the coast, and they don't have too many "native dance" features, which are always boring...
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-05-13, 08:52

Well yeah banjo, boring because they fuzz out all of the "old" women without tops????.....I really laughed when Erik commented on the one reward trip, that he had never seen so many topless women in his life......it was cute....
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2008-06-05, 18:09

Probst: Production problems on `Survivor: Gabon'

New Survivor starts tonight 30b3-People-Jeff-Probst

In this Sept. 29, 2007 photo, TV personality Jeff Probst makes an appearance...

8 hours ago

//

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Jeff Probst says the upcoming season of "Survivor" has already hit a few snags. "Survivor: Gabon — Earth's Last Eden" has been plagued with several
preproduction problems, Probst told The Associated Press at a
restaurant opening Wednesday. The dilemmas for the 17th season of the
CBS reality show, which begins filming in Africa later this month,
range from encroaching animals to slow shipments. "Our shipping
has been really delayed," Probst said. "One aspect of 'Survivor' that
is different from a lot of shows is that we have to ship throughout the
season, and we're about 30 days behind now, which is a major problem.
We're going to be fine on the show, but the crew housing is not there.
We're going to be in tents." Other than the habitation
hindrance, Probst also said a crane had fallen over and a cargo hold
containing about $100,000 worth of food had gone missing. The lumber
used for building props and set pieces for challenges and Tribal
Council, however, had safely arrived. Probst said the "Survivor" crew
was also having an issue with something that was already present:
wildlife. "We have a danger problem with animals that we're
trying to figure out how to handle," the "Survivor" host said. "There's
so much truly wild life out there, we're not sure what to do. We don't
want the animals around for a safety reasons, but we'd love to have a
hippo sneak in every so often. I just got a call from our executive
producer that we've got hippo tracks at base camp." "Survivor:
Gabon," which will feature 18 castaways living in the wilderness in the
West African country, will be filmed in high-definition and is slated
to premiere in the fall. It's the first time the competitive reality
series has returned to Africa since its Kenya-set third season. Probst
said he doesn't think the snafus will halt production. "These things for us usually have a way of turning into good things," he said.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-09-02, 12:56

Hmm.....now why else would banjo say the cast looks good....they are all young and blonde!!!! Ok, well, most of them are!!!
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2008-09-02, 19:17

I can't think of another reason.... :P But they don't have to be blonde. Some of the best looking actresses today, imho, are brunettes or related shades.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-10-07, 08:24

This was the number one anticipated show by viewers in Entertainment weekly Magazine, the one most viewers are emotionally tied to. They really have loyal fans.

I can't watch this season unless I tape....now that I have Choir pratice on Thursdays.

Last edited by jojo on 2008-10-08, 08:03; edited 1 time in total
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next