The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomorrowland

2 posters

Go down

Tomorrowland  Empty Tomorrowland

Post  Banjo 2015-05-21, 11:40

.....going to see it tomorrow. It's high on Jen's 'must see' list. Also San Andreas....
Banjo
Banjo

Tomorrowland  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tomorrowland  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Tomorrowland  Empty Re: Tomorrowland

Post  Berry 2015-05-23, 03:16

So how was it? I can't tell from the trailer whether it will be an interesting concept or just a big commercial for Disneyland.
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2015-05-23, 10:57

I have mixed feelings. There was a Disney 'commercial' near the beginning but it was mostly not that.  But I expected for it to take place in the "Tomorrowland"  depicted in the trailers but it was mostly in "our world" and when it did go to Tomorrowland, there was just brief 'flashes' and short scenes of the advanced technology. I was confused as to whether it was in the future or in an alternate dimension/universe.  They seemed to present both concepts at different times. But the thing I didn't like was the subtle propaganda about so-called climate change.

Britt and Clooney did good jobs given what they had to work with. All in all I would say this is more of a kids movie, late grade school/early teens.   There were a couple of references to historical science/technology but it went past so fast as an aside by Clooney that I doubt that many caught it. And there was one android named Hugo Gernsback, amusing but over the heads of 99% of the audience I suspect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Gernsback

If you are drooling to see a S-F movie I'd say wait for Jurassic World, Terminator or even San Andreas....next on my list.
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2015-05-23, 22:08

I've read reviews that said it was a little "preachy" . So, I may see this sometime but not rushing right out.
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum