Wynona Earp

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wynona Earp

Post  Banjo on 2016-04-15, 12:41

This is one of the more entertaining and comedic shows on TV right now. I don't know what the comic books are like but they've done a good job of taking a very unlikely premise and making a good TV series.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm beginning to understand the underlying 'physics'. The Demons are called Revenants, there are 77 of them, all the people that Wyatt Earp killed during his 'career'. I haven't explored his bio enough to determine if 77 is a real number. But they are confined into one small area of Purgatory, Wyoming and can't cross an invisible line without beginning to 'smoke', rather like a vampire on True Blood when it stepped into sunlight. But on Wynona, they don't burn up but just continue smoking and writhing in pain. How long this goes on before they expire or recover isn't clear yet.

But their leader pontificates to the 77 within their confines about how he will kill Wynona and in some process that I haven't yet deduced they can venture out of their confined area and attempt to do that. During those times they either appear as a 'ghost' type figure in long black robes, with glowing eyes, or even as 'normal' appearing cowboys but with pointed teeth and the requisite glowing eyes.

When Wynona shoots one with her .45 cal. Buntline Special she must hit them between the eyes in order to kill them. This is of course similar to the requirements for killing Walkers on TWD and FTWD. But on Wynona no knives or swords are used, only her Buntline.  

In the latest episode an agent in the top secret Black Badge division of the U.S. Marshals Service, who has been in Purgatory since ep 1 and is tasked with keeping paranormal events under control nationwide, tries to tell Wynona that her Buntline is 'old fashioned' and tries to get her to use a modern 9mm semi-auto pistol.  Of course these prove ineffective against the Demons and Wynona must save his bacon.

There is a lot of quasi-historic backstory to learn and see the interesting and amusing special effects that they use. For example, when Wynona shoots a Demon at night, other than in the head, the rounds appear as 3-4 ft. long, glowing, two pointed 'spears' that protrude from their bodies fore and aft. Although this slows them down she must always walk around in front of them, make some sort of cynical, smart-alecky remark in their face (one of her enduring characteristics) and finish them off with a shot between the eyes. two thumbs up

-me-
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Wynona Earp

Post  Banjo on 2016-04-18, 12:59

This is the best place to go to keep track of what's going on:

-me-
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down