The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlestar Galactica

+7
sandisea
Banjo
Space Pilot
Berry
Penny
Jaggernyc
jero
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Battlestar Galactica Empty Battlestar Galactica

Post  jero 2007-05-15, 19:41

wave

:shock: Wow! No one started a thread for Sci-Fi's best show?

OK, so it's currently on hiatus, but what did you like or dislike about last season?
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Battlestar Galactica Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Battlestar Galactica Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-10

Back to top Go down

Battlestar Galactica Empty Re: Battlestar Galactica

Post  Jaggernyc 2007-05-16, 11:00

Sci-fi is airing it all day today.

Jaggernyc

Battlestar Galactica Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Battlestar Galactica Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2007-05-16, 13:14

Jaggernyc wrote:Sci-fi is airing it all day today.

And I think tomorrow too!!!

I just never got into it .... Beatsme
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2007-05-16, 16:04

wave

And I have to frakking work! :x
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2007-11-26, 10:05

wave

So did anyone else watch BSG Razor? Not what I thought it would be. Beatsme It was like a side trip, but it explained a few things.
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2007-11-26, 11:31

I watched the second half of it. Ben watched from the beginning. It seemed well done. Exciting, action packed. I don't put it on "must-see" because there is no one character that I relate to. There are good characters and great actors...so I'm guessing I'm just not a hard-core sci-fi fan. For me there has to be an emotional involvement for me to get invested.

Now,Farscape,I just really liked everybody. sunny
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Space Pilot 2007-11-26, 11:59

I watched BSG-Razor. It gave information, but I am not sure if the three point given will really make a difference in what happens if the new series every starts.

I found it very interesting how much impact the female XO had on discovering Starbuck poistion in the story. However, this poistion was pretty evident by the end of last season. It was no surpise that Adoma has roll in where they are and How did this XO realize so fast there were duplicate Cylons? Was she the first to see.... I did notice one of the young white male Cylons interacting with Adoma. One that was not outted until New Caprica.

OOPs! gotta go ....... Work calls.....

I will have to finish this later.

SP

Space Pilot
wiggly squiggly
wiggly squiggly

Registration date : 2007-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2007-11-26, 18:21

wave

Space Pilot wrote: I found it very interesting how much impact the female XO had on discovering Starbuck poistion in the story. However, this poistion was pretty evident by the end of last season.
Yeah, but now we know that Adama was warned about Starbuck... I'm not sure the whole message got thru though... All I remember hearing before the connection went dead was to beware of Kara.

Space Pilot wrote: How did this XO realize so fast there were duplicate Cylons? Was she the first to see...
During the Cylon invasion attack, the XO sent the "6" who was the Captain's lover to the 'bridge'... Then she saw another "6" following the Cylons and shot her... So I'd say the XO was the first on Pegasus to discover that truth.

I found it interesting that it was the captain that ordered such cruel treatment of the "6"... Until now I was under the impression that the men had just done that on their own... It also gave the "6" another reason (other than being the enemy) to shoot the captain.

Space Pilot wrote:I did notice one of the young white male Cylons interacting with Adoma. One that was not outted until New Caprica.
I missed that... Which one?... What scene and timeline?

How 8) was it to see the old version of the Cylons and hear "By your command"?!? biggrin biggrin
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2007-11-26, 19:38

I watched the whole thing but have always found the whole BSG universe to be murky and hard to follow so I learned nothing new from this episode. I do like the captain of the Pegasus, a welcome change from the goody-two-shoes morality of the Star Trek universe.....but now you're saying she was shot ?...confused, oh well.....Rolling Eyes
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2007-11-26, 22:06

wave

Banjo wrote: but have always found the whole BSG universe to be murky and hard to follow...

You're kidding! confused What's hard to follow?
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2007-11-27, 18:44

It's hard to explain, I can't cite specific examples, it's just the way they present the plots and all the flash backs, and Olmos gets on my nerves after awhile, and the little guy that the blond Cylon was always tormenting, and the sets are always dark and gloomy looking. Beyond that there is the techno-sci-fi stuff like the guns shooting projectiles, even manually guided sometimes, and the fighters acting like they are operating in an atmosphere rather than a vacuum (although all sci-fi shows do that, so I can't hold it against BSG too much) and most of all the confusing thing about them being on a planet sometimes and on a ship other times. Which is it ? Are they traveling through space looking for Earth or are they ensconced on a planet somewhere all cozy and stuff. And if it's a flashback then see above....Rolling Eyes
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2007-11-27, 23:19

wave

all the flash backs,
It'd be boring and slow if the tale was told sequentially... It's also a handy way to introduce new characters and fill in backstories.

and Olmos gets on my nerves after awhile,
I've liked Edward James Olmos since his Miami Vice days. Two Hearts

the little guy
Gaius Baltar... Very annoying... All good series need someone to hate. Wink

the blond Cylon
Number 6... Interesting character with all of her different incarnations/personalities.

the sets are always dark and gloomy looking.
Well it IS mostly the inside of a huge ship in the dark of space. Beatsme At least it's not as dark as the X-files was.

Beyond that there is the techno-sci-fi stuff like the guns shooting projectiles, even manually guided sometimes,
The guns shoot projectiles? confused

the fighters acting like they are operating in an atmosphere rather than a vacuum (although all sci-fi shows do that, so I can't hold it against BSG too much)
I guess I'm not really into techno-sci-fi stuff... What do you mean?

and most of all the confusing thing about them being on a planet sometimes and on a ship other times. Which is it ? Are they traveling through space looking for Earth or are they ensconced on a planet somewhere all cozy and stuff.
Except for the first 4 eps of season 3 they've always been on ships in the main storyline... There have been some missions on planets...
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2007-11-28, 17:42

I did enjoy Razor but it didn't come near the edge-of-your-seat standard of BSG that we're spoiled to death with. Razor seemed like a two hour exposition. In other words, a two hours of hmm *shrug*, interesting, instead of 2 hours of No Frakkin way!!! :listen: Interesting.

I was really crossing my fingers for the second of those.

That said, I love Gaius!lol! I can't help it, the guy is just a mess.

Banjo, I've actually never heard you give such a detailed explaination, and I've been after you for years for one. Well done! I think it's safe to say at this point you've really tried to like this show and it's just not your cuppa. Too bad though.but why

Loved seeing the old cylon models esp. the goldies, and the old ships. sunny

I was really resistant when I first heard that Starbuck was going to be remade as a girl but I've absolutely loved Starbuck, even though if I knew her in real life, I'd ditch her as soon as possible...but on tv, great arch.

Olmos got back in my good book with this show.Beatsme

Hated the Captian of the Pegasus, Cane or was it Cain...as in the biblical Cain, the murderer of his brother? In which case good name choise. biggrin

Anyway, it wasn't all I hoped for, another victim of expectations...but I have it saved on my tivo and in about a month I'll watch it again. :queen:
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2007-11-28, 20:14

Beyond that there is the techno-sci-fi stuff like the guns shooting projectiles, even manually guided sometimes,
The guns shoot projectiles? confused ......I can't see exactly what they are shooting but the guns recoil as if they are shooting projectiles. If they were energy beam weapons/lasers, there would be no recoil. What they do look like in their recoil is the 20 mm and 40 mm anti-aircraft guns that were used in WWII on Navy ships. They seem anachronistic in the BSG context.

the
fighters acting like they are operating in an atmosphere rather than a
vacuum (although all sci-fi shows do that, so I can't hold it against
BSG too much)
I guess I'm not really into techno-sci-fi stuff... What do you mean? scratch ......the fighters bank when turning as an airplane does when turning in the atmosphere. In the vacuum of space there would be no reason to do that. nor would it assist them in any way in turning.

Also they seem to have no pressure suits or other mechanism to protect them from the G-forces when turning at those speeds, to prevent them from blacking out. You could postulate some sort of inertia-less drive, a favorite concept in written S-F, but then why would they have the exhaust flames which indicates a reaction-mass drive method. But as I said , Star Wars fell for the same problems, Star Trek avoided it most of the time, although the Enterprise did bank when turning.

But none of that means that I won't give the new BSG another try...
scratch .....a willing suspension of disbelief and all that.....but I prefer to do that with vampire shows...:lol:
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2007-11-29, 09:41

wave

Thanks for the techno explainations Banjo... I'll have to watch more closely. :D

I hated Cain too... Too ruthless for me.
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Space Pilot 2007-11-30, 12:49

Banjo,

It is TV-Sci-Fi-fiction/fact + space + military= make believe. So the producer take what is familar with most folks and blend the techno-scifi in to some thing that could be with less unknown under tones and suspense/action.

FireFly is an other example of blending TV-Sci-Fi-fiction/fact + space + western = make believe.

Imagination is needed.... Reality, not so much

Space Pilot
wiggly squiggly
wiggly squiggly

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2007-11-30, 15:43

scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Space Pilot 2008-01-14, 14:44

I saw last night that BSG is now to start in March. I was looking for it to start January. I think by March, I will have lost my need to watch it.

The add is very good......

SP

Space Pilot
wiggly squiggly
wiggly squiggly

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2008-01-14, 15:48

Seems like those who run the studios do everything possible to keep an audience from becoming loyal to a show. bonked on the head

At least Prison Break and Kyle XY return tonight. :flower:
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2008-01-14, 16:20

wave

"At least Prison Break and Kyle XY return tonight."

Yeah, but they're on at the same time! :glare:
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Space Pilot 2008-01-17, 15:21

So Ture.

Space Pilot
wiggly squiggly
wiggly squiggly

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2008-03-26, 23:27

wave

This is the last season of Battlestar Galactica. Cry There's a recap of the first 3 seasons on Friday night on SciFi. Wink
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2008-03-27, 01:22

Thanks,Jero. Ben watches this. I gave up awhile ago and thought I couldn't jump back in because I missed so much. Maybe I'll watch the recaps and see if that tempts me back. :)
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2008-03-28, 19:33

Yeah, I gave up too...but I'm going to watch because I think it might be worth it... cheers
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2008-03-29, 12:00

So last night was basically a review/recap to bring the great unwashed masses up to speed ? I found it worthwhile and liked the remarks by Joss Whedon and Brad Paisley who confessed that some of his shows were shortchanged because they had to get off stage in time to catch BG...lol. :lol:
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next