The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BB day 50

Go down

BB day 50 Empty BB day 50

Post  Banjo 2016-08-04, 18:34

None of the showmances will survive outside . I have spoken.... Rolling Eyes

Thursday, August 04, 2016
Julie Chen Announces the 'Big Brother 18' Showmance That Could Survive Outside the House

Derek Stauffer
Contributing Writer, BuddyTV

A constant aspect of Big Brother is the showmance. Every year, inevitably, at least two people get involved in a quick summer fling inside the house. Big Brother 18 is no different with three different relationships, of varying degrees, occurring. In a recent interview with ET, Big Brother 18 host Julie Chen weighed on which of the showmances have legs and her assessments are not very favorable.

Big Brother 18 Spoilers: Zakiyah and Paulie's Big Fight >>>

Chen even hesitates to call any of the three showmances a showmance. She instead opts to call them "flirt-mances." "They're not real, full [romances]," Julie explains. "I chalk that up to, in part, there's no real loyalty in the house ... if they had a real showmance, then you probably would have a level of loyalty where it's like, no matter what, I've got this person's back."

She's exceptionally harsh on Corey and Nicole's flirtations. "Forget about Corey and Nicole. That's a one-sided thing. He looks like her as a kid sister. I think he adores her, but not in a romantic way," Chen explains. She doesn't hold back on Zakiyah and Paulie's quasi-relationship either.

"It's a summer flirt thing," Julie said of Zakiyah and Paulie. When she was informed that Zakiyah went into the Big Brother 18 house looking for something serious, possibly a husband, Julie was shocked.

Why Big Brother 19 Needs a Wider Age Range for Houseguests >>>

"I just don't see Zakiyah and Paulie having much more than a friendship outside of you know," Julie explains. "I think they're having you know, a fine time together during the summer, but nothing of substance lasting beyond." Given some of Paulie's recent behavior inside the Big Brother 18 house, it's unlikely that their flirtations will even last that long.

That's not to say that Julie Chen thinks all the showmances are hopeless. "I think the one flirt-mance that has potential to be a real romance, and it might happen outside the house, is between James and Natalie."

It's easy to see why James and Natalie are viewed as the most hopeful. We've already seen them share a kiss on-screen, albeit just a peck. They are the only two players in a showmance who appear to actively respect each other and enjoy one another's company. While all the other showmances barely talk strategy, James and Natalie have discussed game several times.

But what do you think? Is Julie's assessment of the Big Brother 18 showmances spot-on? Do you think any of them have a future outside the house? Who are you rooting for? Are you rooting for any of them?

Banjo
Banjo

BB day 50 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100BB day 50 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum