The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mist to be a series

3 posters

Go down

The Mist to be a series Empty The Mist to be a series

Post  Banjo 2017-01-10, 11:49

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5639976/?ref_=nv_sr_2

The movie is one of my favorite Stephen King adaptations.  I suppose they could make a series out of it, there's plenty of plot lines to be examined beyond what was in the movie. William Sadler had a small part as did Laurie Holden (an even smaller part) and she went on to the major role of 'Carol' on The Walking Dead.  I don't recognize any of the cast in the series except Frances Conroy (Six Feet Under) and Alyssa Sutherland who single handedly makes it worth watching.

In fact I learned about the series when seeing this on The Vikings website.

Queen Aslaug Played by Alyssa Sutherland

Aslaug is the clever and beautiful daughter of the famed dragon slayer Sigurd and shield-maiden Brunhilde. Aslaug promised Ragnar that she would provide him with the sons which the ancient Seer prophesized for him–and she delivered.

Alyssa Sutherland

Alyssa first appeared in several independent films including The Fortune Theory, Don’t Look Up, and Day on Fire with Olympia Dukakis which screened at the Toronto and Berlin Film Festivals. On the small screen, Alyssa has appeared on NBC’s “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” and FOX’s “New Amsterdam.”
She will also soon be seen starring in the television adaptation of Stephen King’s bestselling novel, “The Mist.”
Banjo
Banjo

The Mist to be a series Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Mist to be a series Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

The Mist to be a series Empty Re: The Mist to be a series

Post  Berry 2017-01-10, 18:49

Bill Sadler was the main draw in my watching the first one. I doubt that this will be my kind of show...but I'd tune in to give it a look-see.
Berry
Berry

The Mist to be a series Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Mist to be a series Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2017-01-11, 14:04

A correction to my previous post.....Laurie Holden did have a role in The Walking Dead (Andrea) but it was quite extensive in earlier seasons. Who I had in mind when I wrote that was Melissa McBride who has an ongoing role on TWD, (Carol) but was onscreen for 5-6 seconds in The Mist, which I would describe as "small".
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2017-01-12, 20:24

Did it say when it was premiering and what network? It has been quite some time since I have seen the movie.
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2017-01-13, 12:23

No clue here about network or premire.

http://deadline.com/2015/09/mist-tv-series-dimension-films-christian-torpe-stephen-king-1201530407/

It looks like Spike TV has picked it up

TV series

In November 2013, Bob Weinstein revealed that he and Darabont were developing a 10-part television series based on the film.[29][30] In February 2016, Spike picked up the pilot.[31] In April 2016, Spike ordered the series.[32] Emmy-winning director Adam Bernstein will direct the pilot that will premiere in the summer of 2017.[33]

http://www.spike.com/articles/xndu79/the-mist-stephen-king-s-the-mist-coming-to-spike-in-2017

http://www.spike.com/articles/7z7dqr/the-mist-new-television-series-based-on-stephen-kings-the-mist-rolls-into-nova-scotia
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down