The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Showtime over Thanksgiving weekend

Go down

Free Showtime over Thanksgiving weekend Empty Free Showtime over Thanksgiving weekend

Post  Banjo 2019-11-30, 10:42

I haven't had Showtime for several seasons so am now catching up on the final seasons of The Affair and Shameless, in that order and also Ray Donovan if I have time.

The last season of The Affair, #5, is very interesting. The action had moved to L.A. several seasons ago and the 'emotional trauma' of all the major characters is still in full swing. Rolling Eyes

But one interesting aspect in S5 is an almost 'science-fiction' aspect when they do a flash forward to the 2050's and show Joanie as a 30 something. She was originally the young daughter of Cole (Joshua Jackson), living in Montauk, Long Island in this time. In the flash forward we see her trying to commit suicide by taking pills, she fails, and visiting her fathers grave in Montauk, he died in 2053. By that time Montauk was almost abandoned, apparently by rising seas levels. It's not flooded but there are pools of water all around, roads are decayed , most buildings abandoned.

The actress playing Joanie looked familiar but I couldn't quite place her and thought it might be Kirsten Dunst which seemed unlikely, but then after watching the credits more closely I saw it was Anna Paquin, I slapped myself, of course, most famous as Sookie Waterhouse on True Blood.

The rest of the season takes place mostly in L.A. in this time, I still have 4 eps to go, but one of my favorite actors has some good plot lines and scenes in S5, after 'going to Paris' in earlier seasons and not being seen much.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5065920/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

I should have time to watch the last season on Shameless next, before the free period ends.

Also, I signed up for Hulu again since they have a $2/month for a year special running right now. The next season of The Handmaids Tale will start long before it runs out. That's the only reason I subscribe to Hulu.
Banjo
Banjo

Free Showtime over Thanksgiving weekend Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Free Showtime over Thanksgiving weekend Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Free Showtime over Thanksgiving weekend Empty Re: Free Showtime over Thanksgiving weekend

Post  Banjo 2019-12-02, 11:30

I am impressed how they wrapped up the final season of The Affair. One of the best series on Showtime. It ended as well as could be expected given the complex story lines. Great acting and writing.
I watched all the eps listed in S5 for Shameless but I think there was a final one that they didn't show for some reason. scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Free Showtime over Thanksgiving weekend Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Free Showtime over Thanksgiving weekend Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down