The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So you think you can dance?

+4
Penny
Banjo
Ancient Roswellian
Berry
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So you think you can dance? Empty So you think you can dance?

Post  Berry 2009-05-28, 00:18

Much as I am theoretically against having reality programming taking over the tv, I am a sucker for a program that showcases people trying to make their dreams come true by show-casing their talent. I've seen 2 episodes of the new season so far and its looking very good to me.

My one complaint is that they have a new judge and he was pretty harsh in his critiques. So much so that at the end, when they are picking up their things to go, the experienced judge said to him "Don't be so mean to the contestants." And the new judge said in a much more subdued way "Ooooh, sorry." Embarassed

So, looking forward to tomorrow's auditions.
Berry
Berry

So you think you can dance? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100So you think you can dance? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

So you think you can dance? Empty Re: So you think you can dance?

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2009-05-30, 12:11

Everybody wants to be Simon don't they? lol! I agree I hate reality shows in general but I want to see this one...just can't get control of the remote...Wink

Guess I'll be living vicariously thru your posts Berry....Wink
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

So you think you can dance? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100So you think you can dance? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-05-30, 16:17

We just got done with a couple of episodes that showed the tryouts. So those are always a combination of good and bad. Next show will be the best ones going to Las Vegas. That's when the real fun begins. cheers
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2009-05-30, 16:53

Sorry, but Dancing With the Stars is all I need of this genre. And besides, if you need more "reality", the 2nd season of Wipeout started last week. What else could you wish for ? .....especially with Jill Wagner as co-host. bow Lovies But she doesn't seem quite as happy this season... scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-05-30, 22:38

I can't watch Wipeout....how do I not think someone is seriously going to injure themselves doing those things?

It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye. bonked on the head
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2009-05-31, 07:35

Berry wrote:I can't watch Wipeout....how do I not think someone is seriously going to injure themselves doing those things?

My same sentiments, Berry! Suspect
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2009-06-02, 19:28

C'mon you people ! Where's your sense of adventure and danger Rolling Eyes ? Besides, there aren't any sharp objects on Wipeout to poke them in the eye. There have been far more contestants on Survivor who have contracted infections from cuts and had to drop out than there have been injuries (none) on Wipeout. Now if you want me to recommend something to not watch, ever, that would be that new ,"I'm a celebrity, get me out of here !" I sacrificed 10 minutes of my life to bring you this "recommendation".... tongue
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-06-02, 20:03

Thanks. Much appreciated. :lol:
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2009-06-03, 12:36

sorry banjo, I side with Berry and Penny....that Wipeout show is tooooooo dangerous!!!! Totally not fun to watch. I suppose you like the movie "Jack Ass" as well???????

tongue

That being said, I don't care for the So you think you can dance show. In fact, I am only watching the Red Wings right now.....there is NOTHING else on tv that matters. Wink
jojo
jojo

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2009-06-03, 12:44

I think that in Wipeout you could majorly hurt your back, neck or limbs! I could see me dislocating my knees on those contraptions and it gives me the heebeejeebees!!! worried
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-06-03, 13:51

I think Burn Notice is back tomorrow, Jojo. That's one of my "can't misses" sunny
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Iris 2009-06-03, 15:52

So, normally I'm the safety police (yes, the kids call me that) but I do like Wipeout. I guess I'm glad it's not me or my kids.

The kids and I all watch SYTYCD. We even went to see the tour last year when they came here. Was amazing!!!!

Iris
wiggly squiggly
wiggly squiggly

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-06-05, 09:58

Was very disappointed at the last cut they made . Two brothers who equally deserved the chance to dance...and they took the younger one . sigh
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2009-06-05, 16:04

That's all fine and dandy but Wipeout has Jill Wagner.... Lovies ....and the others don't....ha-ha, so there ! :P
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  RaTTLHeD 2009-06-06, 17:09

Berry wrote:I can't watch Wipeout....how do I not think someone is seriously going to injure themselves doing those things?

then it's just fun you can't see!

so where's the harm? :toast:
RaTTLHeD
RaTTLHeD

Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2009-06-06, 18:22

If you are too timid to watch Wipeout you can at least go and say hello.. Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-06-08, 21:26

Sorry,B, I don't do MySpace...or twitter or Facebook. Just takes me a while to cozy up to new stuff. Don't quite "trust" it.

Pretty lady tho, I don't deny it.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-07-17, 03:23

Two more were eliminated last night and they are down to 8 now. The right two got the heave ho but it's tough because anyone still in the competition is a great dancer and deserved to be there. The guy who got tossed had had about the best routine the week before but this week he and his partner did a paso doble that looked uncomfortable...and they were the ones to go.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-07-25, 09:20

Wow! There was a dance performed that was a tribute to women fighting breast cancer. Of course, it touches those who have had or know someone who has any form of cancer. It was so powerful and touching.

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-10-14, 23:16

Okay, the new season has started. They are still doing tryouts to pare it down to the top 20. There have been some injuries and some of the early favorites have been eliminated already...looks like they will have excellent talent to go with.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-12-16, 02:08

Where does the time go? Tonight was the last night for the final 6 to dance...tomorrow we will find out the winner for this season. The final 6 are, of course, all very talented. There is a husband and wife(Ryan and Ashley) who both made it into the finals. Altho she dislocated her shoulder last week and probably would have been eliminated except for her husband making this romantic gesture of asking people to vote for her instead of him (when he was supposed to say his phone number at the end) . Anyway, I don't think either of them will win but they got to dance with each other for the first time tonight and it was so tender and moving. They are young and in love and it shows.
The other women are Kathryn who is beautiful and versatile...a big favorite with Nigel and Eleanor, the quirky one who has given some really strong performances. She's my favorite woman.
Then there are the two men who I think will be head to head with the voters. There is Russell, the first Krumper to make it this far. He has little training in the other forms of dance but has embraced them all and risen to the occasion. He is a fan favorite and could take it all.
The best male dancer, in my opinion, is Jakob. He was just born to dance. It is who he is. I will honestly be shocked if he isn't selected...but he doesn't quite have the winning personality that some of them do...so the voters may not give him the win.

Can't wait for tomorrow. :cheerleader:

Adam Lambert will be part of the entertainment. Should be interesting.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-12-17, 00:06

Well, my pick got to be runner-up to the winner. I think they will all get career opportunities now that it would have taken them years to get any other way, so I'm happy for them all.

Adam L. was trying so hard not to make a repeat mistake that I thought he seemed a bit uncomfortable. It's a shame, he's in an awkward position. I think the storm will pass. I hope so, he has so much ability.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2009-12-17, 09:16

Adam L. had a small part on Jay Leno last night that was pretty funny........they had a comedian going around town, trying to get as many women as possible to kiss him. He had mistletoe near by for the reason to kiss ....right at the end, he approaches none other than Adam Lambert......Adam says "sure" and in slow motion they have him lean into the comedian.....and then suddenly, he pulls away and says, "nah, I can't do this..." It was really funny!!!!
jojo
jojo

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-07-30, 12:21

Anyone been watching this season? They were down to the final 6 this week. It was a joy to watch them perform. There were 2 really standout performances. Robert dancing with the All-Star Kathryn. It was a touching soldier having to go off to war tribute. The twist at the end was that it was the woman leaving.

And Billy danced with All-Star Ade. This was about 2 men at the opposite ends of life...one a high powered executive type, one a homeless guy. Billy (as the homeless man) danced the first part with a wool hat over his eyes. Later the men looked into each others faces and realized they knew each other.

At the end of the night Robert and Billy were paired to dance a Bollywood routine with each other. They were in competition for a role in a film. They were both so unbelievable that event he judges at the end were saying that the votes are going to come down to "do you like hamburger or pizza?"
Meaning, I suppose that they were both perfectly wonderful.

Wouldn't you know it ...the next night found both of these guys in the bottom 2 with the only woman still left in competition. I won't spoil which one was sent home but it was a shock to me.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-07-07, 02:07

I'm still watching this show. The caliber of the dancers is so high this season. They are down to the last 12 and tomorrow 2 go home. In my mind there are 2 outstanding dancers and they are both women (Melanie and Sasha). I think one of them will win the title...but they all bring something unique and it is just plain fun to watch. two thumbs up

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum