The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slumdog Millionaire

2 posters

Go down

Slumdog Millionaire Empty Slumdog Millionaire

Post  jojo 2009-11-05, 14:44

I finally watched this one last night (I know I'm a little behind with movies)...and I liked it!!!!

Very different kind of movie......sad knowing that some of the footage was the real thing in India (kids living under the bridge for one)

I'm not sure if it was BEST PICTURE worthy, but I still enjoyed the movie very much.
jojo
jojo

Slumdog Millionaire Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Slumdog Millionaire Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Slumdog Millionaire Empty Re: Slumdog Millionaire

Post  sandisea 2009-11-06, 04:01

It was a powerful movie....I was expecting from the trailers - a much lighter story. I was thrown....a bit tender hearted I suppose....because so much of what was shown was real. I think it would have been a great book because you can manage your imaginations. Reading is one thing, actually seeing is another. but why

India was on my "to go" list for a long time, then my father went...when he came home he told me I'd probably end up in my hotel room trying not to cry...every night. (pathetic, I know...but he had to deal with my South Africa angst so...)...he did say the Taj Mahal is one of the greatest things to see ever...and apparently you haven't seen a tiger until you see one in India...they're huge! runforthehills
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Slumdog Millionaire Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Slumdog Millionaire Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2009-11-06, 08:30

Our company has an office in Gurgaon....my boss has been there....and of all the countries we have offices in, it is his least favorite....you see the two extremes of the Rich and the Poor.....he saw children living under bridges....with construction equipment working just yards away.......very sad indeed. Wild dogs running everywhere.....
jojo
jojo

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2009-11-11, 01:52

how a pity i didn't watch it

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum