The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Book of Eli

3 posters

Go down

The Book of Eli Empty The Book of Eli

Post  Banjo 2010-01-15, 20:17

I think I'll see it tomorrow. Review later, although Ebert says that anyone seeing it should not discuss it with anyone who hasn't yet seen it. I will determine if that is a sensible precaution.... The Book of Eli 66732 It was filmed near Carrizozo a town some of you have been "through" or at least the northern side of it although if you weren't paying attention you missed it. I suspect they filmed north west of Carrizozo along NM 55 which always resembles the "badlands" to me even before a world wide apocalypse of some sort which the movie takes place in. But the directors have used odd lighting and effects which may make it hard to pin point any specific locations, rather like what happened with The Terminator.

Meanwhile this movie is now filming here, they closed Central Ave. along the Old Town area for filming two Saturdays ago in the middle of the afternoon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1396221/

No sightings of Megan Fox have been reported but Mike says they are filming indoor scenes at Albq. Studios.
Banjo
Banjo

The Book of Eli Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Book of Eli Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

The Book of Eli Empty Re: The Book of Eli

Post  Banjo 2010-01-16, 17:27

Ebert is right, there is nothing specific I can say about it without massive spoilers. However I can say that its general "philosophical" (I could use a more accurate word....but spoilers..etc.) bent is rather unusual in modern, mass market movies. Mel Gibson being one who pulled it off recently and Charlton Heston years ago.

But it is easy to say that Denzel Washington does a great job, and Mila Kunis has perhaps her meatiest and highest profile role of her career.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005109/

It's easy to see why they chose the area near Carrizozo to film it. They needed wide open, desolate spaces to build the large sets and props and no spectators around to get in the way. The lighting and coloring is more drab and desolate looking than the real location, but that was necessary for the mood.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2010-01-18, 08:16

From the trailers and commercials I have seen of it, the coloring looks alot like the movie "300"....that brownish black and white feel.

We almost went and saw this Friday night, but went and saw "Up in the Air" instead, which hit a little closer to home and reality than we thought it would.
jojo
jojo

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2010-01-18, 15:16

Do you recommend seeing it, Banjo? And should it be seen in a movie theater or can it be watched at home when the DVD comes out? The Book of Eli 66732
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-01-18, 18:59

I would recommend seeing it and would like to know Larry's opinion.....this is a hint of the plot, sort of.... The Book of Eli 66732

You're right about the coloring, perhaps a little more color than The 300 though.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down