The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's my chance !!!

+2
Berry
Banjo
6 posters

Go down

Here's my chance !!! Empty Here's my chance !!!

Post  Banjo 2010-11-07, 15:31

Here's my chance !!! 156488 Here's my chance !!! 156488 Here's my chance !!! 156488

Emma Watson: 'I want to start taking more risks'

Emma Watson, the actress, has spoken of her life after the Harry Potter films, claiming she is now more confident and wants to start taking risks.

Published: 7:30AM GMT 06 Nov 2010

Here's my chance !!! Emma-Watson-Vogue-_1750751c

The 20-year-old, famous for playing Hermione Granger in the blockbuster series, said she wished she had “done more naughty things” and wants to make the most of being single.
However, she revealed that she rarely gets asked on dates by men and longs to fall in love.

In an interview with The Sun ahead of next week’s London premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – the final film of the series – Watson said she felt she was leaving her life as a child star behind.“Three months ago I cut my hair and at that moment I felt I became a woman,” she said.“At the moment I’m just happy to be single. I want to live life to the full. But I’m more grown up and confident now. I’m ready to take more risks. I feel less girlish than ever.“I’m very romantic and of course I want to be in love. But men don’t really ask me out.”Watson, who has amassed an estimated fortune of £20 million since beginning her acting career aged nine, is currently studying for a history degree in the US at Brown University, Rhode Island.She said she enjoys being able to avoid the limelight there, because she is not as well known in the US, but misses Britain. She claimed that one boyfriend had never heard of Harry Potter and had no idea she was a famous actress.Watson added that she has further acting projects in the pipeline but also wants to write a book and learn to play the mandolin.!!!
Banjo
Banjo

Here's my chance !!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Here's my chance !!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Here's my chance !!! Empty Re: Here's my chance !!!

Post  Berry 2010-11-07, 17:46

If she keeps mentioning her 20million pound fortune, I don't think she'll be without boyfriend applicants for very long. Although, I think you still have the inside track, Banjo, since you've already convinced her you never heard of Harry Potter! roflmao
Berry
Berry

Here's my chance !!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Here's my chance !!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog 2010-11-08, 01:46

Harry Who???
Groundhog
Groundhog
Cocoon Stage
Cocoon Stage

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  LarryP 2010-11-08, 04:53

Down Banjo. :P Though Emma is certainly a Cutie!
Hmmm ... Brown U. is only about 30 minutes away from Plainfield.
I could just trek on over and ask Emma if she be interested in having Banjo as her mandolin instructor. Or not. peeking
LarryP
LarryP
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-11-08, 16:28

Trek on over there Larry ! At least you could get a picture. :lol: I wonder why she selected Brown ? She could be fairly anonymous in most U.S. universities. I'm sure she can find a mandolin teacher up there, but I can't think of any big name pro players who live up there.

Years ago when Brook Shields went to an eastern univ., I think it was in NYC, she had male students moving furniture into her apt. tongue
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-11-08, 23:05

Brooke Shields attended Princeton, which is in New Jersey. sunny
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  LarryP 2010-11-09, 06:50

Banjo wrote
Trek on over there Larry ! At least you could get a picture.

I can visualize myself being stopped (with Alice's words ringing in my head beatdown beatdown beatdown ) for stalking Emma around campus. I think not! nono
I could claim to be a photojournalist contracted by Banjo to document Emma's adjustment to American life. However, I don't envision myself as card-carrying paparazzo! devilsmiley

Heck ... I'd move furniture for Brooke Shields every day; twice on Sundays! :bounce:
LarryP
LarryP
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-11-09, 16:58

Berry wrote:Brooke Shields attended Princeton, which is in New Jersey. sunny

Ah yes, but you can see NYC from almost anywhere in NJ.....right ? :lol:

"I could claim to be a photojournalist contracted by Banjo to document Emma's adjustment to American life."...........with 20 mill. pounds in the bank chances are any "adjustments" wouldn't be very traumatic. Here's my chance !!! 631529 But seriously, where does she go from here, career-wise ? Are they so type-cast that more roles will be difficult to come by ? Of the bunch she probably has the best chances, being a pretty girl and all, and depending on how good her acting chops really are... Here's my chance !!! 66732

BTW, Dakota Fanning was picked as homecoming queen at her high school. A private school in CA. Aside from her obvious acting talent I've always gotten the impression that she is in the 'genius' range IQ-wise. Can't give evidence for that but it's just a feeling...
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-11-12, 16:23

If she never knew how much she was making, then that's her parents fault, although I can't imagine that they were personally managing her money....they don't have agents to advise British film stars ? That seems unlikely.... Here's my chance !!! 66732 But anyway....to feel "sick" ? I can't relate to that at all, but of course it would come as a surprise to anyone if they had been kept in the dark that long. And imagine what she would be worth without the
British tax system !

Harry Potter star Watson "felt sick" when told of riches

Here's my chance !!! ?m=02&d=20101108&t=2&i=244684235&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=2010-11-08T220333Z_01_BTRE6A10WE600_RTROPTP_0_USA Actress Emma Watson poses at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Benefit celebrating the opening of ''American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity'' in New York May 3, 2010.
Credit: Reuters/Lucas Jackson

LONDON | Mon Nov 8, 2010 5:03pm EST
LONDON (Reuters) - "Harry Potter" actress Emma Watson said that for years she had no idea how much money she was earning from her role as Hermione Granger in the hit movie franchise, and that she felt sick when she finally realized.Watson, 20, told the British edition of Vogue magazine's December issue that she was 17 or 18 years old when she had a "money conversation" with her father."By the third or fourth film, the money was starting to get ... serious. I had no idea. I felt sick, very emotional. It was a real shock," the actress told Vogue in the interview.Until then, she had been living on an allowance of about 50 pounds a week. She took a money management course and she now has an estimated fortune of about 20 million pounds.Watson, who is currently a student at Brown university in the United States, is pictured on the front cover of British Vogue sporting her new pixie-style short haircut. The magazine hits news stands on Thursday.She said she cut her hair after she finished shooting the final two movies in the "Harry Potter" series."For the nine years I was on 'Harry Potter' I was contractually obliged not to cut my hair, not to tan," she said. "All the normal things girls do, I couldn't. So when I got the chance to change my appearance, this is what I did."The seventh film, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" opens in Britain, the United States and much of the world on November 19. The final movie will be released in July 2011.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Melandra 2010-11-14, 13:28

It was nice to read that she took a money management course. I can't imagine finding out you are a millionaire at that age. But seriously, how did she not realize she was getting paid big money. HP is a very big deal world wide. I can't wait to see the last movies!
Melandra
Melandra

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2010-11-14, 21:36

Go for it Banjo!!!! You only live once!!!! hahaha......
jojo
jojo

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-11-16, 13:44

And I might "live once" very abruptly if I "go for it". Here's my chance !!! 156488 She was on Letterman last night (who I normally don't watch due to his political leanings) but I made an exception for her, and she had a really knock - out dress on. Letterman made his usual offensive, personal remarks but she handled them gracefully and she is obviously very much more outgoing and at ease with the publicity chores compared to Kristen Stewart.

Then she was on Regis and Kelly this morning in a more subdued dress and told us that she is majoring in history at Brown Univ. She made a joke about being "ripped off" by the producers as to what she got paid... :lol: Her new hairdo is a little extreme for my tastes but she wanted to ditch Hermione's hairdo which she was contractually obligated to keep for all the movies.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2010-11-16, 22:41

I saw her on Letterman as well....now that I can watch Letterman at 10:30....we can actually watch the first guest before going to bed.......I liked her new short hair do, but I like short hair.........she was adorable though and hard to believe she is 20!!!! Where did the little girl go?????
jojo
jojo

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down