The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terra Nova

+4
Penny
sandisea
Berry
Banjo
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Terra Nova  - Page 2 Empty Re: Terra Nova

Post  Banjo 2012-03-06, 12:56

Hard to say if another network would be interested in picking them up. It's an expensive show to produce and ratings were never a blockbuster. I'm guessing that ABC would be most likely but don't bet on it.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Banjo
Banjo

Terra Nova  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Terra Nova  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2012-03-06, 13:37

I read about this last night. Not too surprised. Big price tag and a nominal audience. It was an ok show but I didn't get too attached.
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Terra Nova  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Terra Nova  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2012-03-06, 22:01

I won't be holding my breath...still it would be interesting to see another station take it and maybe tighten up and make it more real. That was my problem..I couldn't escape into the show because it just wasn't believeable enough. Too bad Tamra *Layla* is off grid at present. I know she' upset. It was her favorite show. Ah well, another one bites the dust...
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-03-26, 22:15

The news is not good.

No Netflix revival for 'Terra Nova'
Sources say 20th TV, Netcaster could not come to terms on new eps
By Cynthia Littleton
Looks like Netflix won't be traveling back in time with "Terra Nova" any time soon.

After serious discussions about the possibility of ordering new episodes of the drama canceled by Fox earlier this month, it's understood that 20th Century Fox TV and the Netcaster could not come to terms on a deal for the show.

The prospect of the show moving to Netflix was always a long shot, given the elaborate production and vfx demands of the dino-drama, which lensed in Oz.

Insiders confirmed that 20th TV is ready to call it a wrap for "Terra Nova," which launched with major fanfare last fall. The series had a strong pedigree, with Peter Chernin and Steven Spielberg among its exec producers, but never had enough traction with viewers to secure a renewal for Fox, given its high pricetag.

But who knows -- "Terra Nova's" time may yet come. Of all the major TV studios, 20th has the best track record of finding second lives for its shows, having pulled it off with "Family Guy," "Futurama" and most recently in a path-breaking pact with Netflix for new segs of "Arrested Development."

Contact Cynthia Littleton at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-03-28, 10:09

I don't understand how it could have been transferred to Netflix anyway, but it seems that getting another network to pick it up is the only hope, but I suspect we have seen the last of it.
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-03-28, 12:25

Netflix is getting into the business of producing some original content for viewers to rent as well as movies and series already aired.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2