The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing the Rifleman?

3 posters

Go down

Missing the Rifleman? Empty Missing the Rifleman?

Post  Berry 2011-11-08, 23:35

CBS developing 'Rifleman' remake
Laeta Kalogridis, Patrick Lussier to pen adaptation for CBS TV Studios

By: CYNTHIA LITTLETON

CBS is reloading "The Rifleman."

The Eye is developing a redo of the Western drama, with Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier penning the script and exec producing for CBS TV Studios. Chris Columbus, who has a development deal with CBS TV Studios, is attached to direct and exec producer. Carol Mendelsohn and Julie Weitz are also exec producing.

The original half-hour drama ran on CBS from 1958-1963. It starred Chuck Connors as a skilled gunman and widowed Civil War hero who moves to uncharted New Mexico territory to raise his young son and gets recruited by the sheriff to help protect the unruly town.
Berry
Berry

Missing the Rifleman? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Missing the Rifleman? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Missing the Rifleman? Empty Re: Missing the Rifleman?

Post  Banjo 2011-11-09, 14:42

That was a good show in its day. At first I wondered how much gun play they would be allowed to have in a new version but then realized there is plenty on today's shows, cops, s-f, etc., if not from a Winchester 73, but that's easily remedied. :lol:

uncharted New Mexico territory.... scratch Does that mean that on the maps of the day there was a boundary where they wrote..."beyond here lies dragons"...?:lol:

By the time of the Rifleman, which I think was about 1875-85, the govt. surveyors had pretty well mapped everything and confirmed or refined the Spanish explorers maps of 200-300 years earlier......but you never know there could dragons out there... 8)

Banjo
Banjo

Missing the Rifleman? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Missing the Rifleman? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-11-09, 15:23

or gigantic hordes of bats... batty batty batty batty
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2011-11-09, 15:51

I remember watching The Rifleman as a little kid. Yes they were repeats as they all aired long before I was born but they were new to me. tongue
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum