The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survivor 21 .....I think it is..

Go down

Survivor 21 .....I think it is.. Empty Survivor 21 .....I think it is..

Post  Banjo 2012-08-18, 00:28

Will ‘Facts of Life’ Star Lisa Whelchel Be Part of the New ‘Survivor’?

by Chris Pursell | August 17, 2012 at 6:35 PM | Celebrities, Survivor

Take this for what it’s worth, but a leading “insider” site about all things “Survivor” reports that one of the contestants in the upcoming season will be none other than Lisa Whelchel, aka Blair from “Facts of Life.”

The site also reports that this year there will be three tribes with six members on each and a returning “Survivor” veteran in each of the groups.

The site-survivorfever.com-states that according to show insiders, former players Jonathan Penner (Cook Islands, Micronesia), Russell Swan (Samoa) and Mike Skupin (Australian Outback) will all return to the fall season of the show, and some well-known names will be in the mix this time around as well. “Facts of life” star Lisa Whelchel, former LA Dodger Jeff Kent and a former Miss Teen USA contestant Angelia Layton will all be looking to outplay each other in the new edition.

CBS is expected to officially reveal the new cast in the near future.

I don't recognize the names of any of those potentially returning players, but probably could remember if I saw their faces. In all the times that past players have returned to a new season, they are almost always men. I can remember one time when it was a woman... scratch

Banjo
Banjo

Survivor 21 .....I think it is.. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Survivor 21 .....I think it is.. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Survivor 21 .....I think it is.. Empty Re: Survivor 21 .....I think it is..

Post  Banjo 2012-08-21, 14:33

While I never miss watching Survivor, of course, my main problem with it is that the audience is passive because everything is already in the can and so there can't be any interaction with the viewers, no speculation, scheming, flaming, and of course no live feeds. tongue

TV Blog
Search: enhanced by Google
‘Survivor: Philippines’: Did the New Players Predict the Season’s Twist?

XfinityTV.com sent me deep into the Philippines wilderness on a mission to bring you all kinds of “Survivor” stuff including behind-the-scenes tidbits, pre-game interviews with the cast, insights from “Survivor” host Jeff Probst and Challenge Producer John Kirhoffer, a look at the first Tribal Council, and much more. I’ll be cranking out this goodness daily, so be sure to follow me on Twitter (@gordonholmes) for up-to-the-minute updates on all of this season’s “Survivor” fun.

When I met up with the fifteen new “Survivor” cast members, they didn’t have the benefit of having seen the trailer that aired after the “Survivor: One World” reunion. They didn’t know they’d be split into three tribes. They didn’t know they’d be joined by three former “Survivor” players who had been evacuated from the game. The only thing they did know is that there were nine women, six men, and they weren’t allowed to talk to each other. I thought it’d be fun to see whose power of perception was able to give them an early advantage in the game…

Sarah Dawson: “I think they will change the tribes at least three times. People are feeling too safe. On day one they make a final-five alliance and they’re going to pick everyone off with their majority, then sit with a goat at the end.”

Katie Hanson: “I don’t have a guess. I’m excited to see what it is!”

Jeff Kent: “My best guess a couple of days ago was that they’d bring two more guys in and one of the girls would be an alternate. Now I’m thinking there’s going to be three guys and there are going to be three different teams. My guess is they’ll bring three guys in and they’ll be captains of some sort and they’ll pick teams to make them fair.”

Dana Lambert: “I have no idea what it will be. Who knows? There are a lot of blondes, and brunettes, and some left handers. I don’t know how they’ll divide us. They could bring back some all-stars. “

Carter Williams: “I’ve wracked my brain thinking of who they’re going to bring back. “Survivor” throws twists in there, so it could be something that I’m not anticipating. I’m thinking three guys. Ozzy (Lusth) is one of my favorites, but he’s been back recently.”

Abi-Maria Gomes: “I think they’re going to bring two more past players. I’m good at reading situations.”

Roberta ‘RC’ Saint-Amour: “I think it’s returning players. People that you really rooted for that had to leave the game early or were voted out early. I’m hoping for that instead of hated players.”

Artis Silvester: “There is a two-to-one ratio of women to men. This could be the shortest run of men in “Survivor” history if these girls decide to say, “Girl power.” There’d be nothing we could do about it. So, I think they’re going to bring in two guys to even it out or have an elimination challenge right off the bat.”

Lisa Whelchel: “There has to be more than one twist because the strategy of making an alliance of five and keeping it to the end is boring. The producers have to put an end to that. I’m thinking at least one tribe swap, maybe more to keep it unpredictable. Just doing the numbers here, there are six guys here and nine girls. (Gordon’s Note: Sounds perfect.) So, I think the obvious conclusion is they’re bringing two people from a previous season, but the odd number is throwing me off.”

Peter “Pete” Yurkowski: “I don’t know, I don’t think they’re going to do the male vs. female stuff because nobody likes it. I don’t think they’ll do old vs. young. I’ve been counting the numbers and I don’t think they have the numbers for it. The only twist they could do is bring people back, but I don’t think they’re going to do that. I think it’s going to be twist-free.”

Malcolm Freberg: “There’s only six guys sitting in there and nine girls, so there’s another variable. It’s hard to decide how you want to play the game when there’s such a big x-factor out there. There’s never been a season where the genders weren’t equal. Well, there was one, but that was because someone got pulled. So, unless this is “Survivor: Men Start Down” (Gordon’s Note: That’s a terrible subhead.) they have to even out the guys. I hope it’s not returning players. That’d just piss me off if I had to deal with that.”

Zane Knight: “It’s just my luck that here come these celebrities. You know how they bring in the former players? If you come on my island, you’re leaving. You don’t deserve another opportunity. I’m not going to run to you and go, “What do I do?” I don’t need you to show me how to fish. I don’t need you to show me how to build a shelter. Like Coach (Wade)? He comes in and handles this show. This wouldn’t happen with me. I would corrupt the whole tribe to get rid of Coach.” If you could see this guy's picture you would go... hair raising

Angie Layton: “I know there’s going to be two returning players and they’re going to be guys because there are eight guys and ten girls and that’s an odd number. They’ve returned so many, Russell is gone, Boston Rob (Mariano) is gone. Maybe that one dude who does all the yoga? Coach?” If you could see her picture you would say, "my lord, she didn't know when to stop with the implants !" roflmao

Roxanne “Roxy” Morris: “There’s always a twist. It could be past members coming back to be leaders. I pray it’s not like “One World.” I pray it’s not all girls against guys. I’m not a sorority girl, I’m not used to hanging out with all girls. That would be God totally giving me an experience like “Get through this!” I kind of hope they bring back Matt (Elrod) because I admire him and his faith.”

Denise Stapley: “I’m trying to read and look at the cast make-up. I honestly don’t know. I look across the tribe and it doesn’t look like it’s split by age. I see a lot of big boobs. So is it playmates vs. flatties? I don’t know. I’ve tried not to think too much into it.”

Don’t miss the premiere of “Survivor: Philippines” on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 8 p.m. ET.
Banjo
Banjo

Survivor 21 .....I think it is.. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Survivor 21 .....I think it is.. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-08-21, 15:14

I remember those accidents, didn't remember their names...

Tuesday, August 21, 2012
'Survivor: Philippines' Three Returning Castaways Revealed

John Kubicek
Senior Writer, BuddyTV

There are several big twists for the 25th season of Survivor, premiering Wednesday, September 19 at 8pm on CBS. The first is that the game will start with three tribes of six. The second is that each tribe will come with one returning player who was taken out of the game for medical reasons.

Now EW is reporting the identities of the three returning players: Michael Skupin, Jonathan Penner and Russell Swan.

Skupin appeared in the second season of the series, Survivor: The Australian Outback. He famously passed out in front of a fire and fell into it, forcing him to be medically evacuated. He is now 50.

Penner is also 50 and has competed twice on Survivor. The first time was in season 13, Cook Islands, where he finished in seventh place. He returned in season 16 for Fans vs. Favorites but was removed from the game when a cut on his knee became infected.

Swan, now 45, competed on season 19, Samoa, where he was evacuated after his eyes rolled back in his head.

Skupin, Penner and Swan will each join one of the three tribes of Survivor: Philippines, and hopefully this time they'll actually get to see their torches snuffed by Jeff Probst (or, I suppose, win the game).

One thing is clear: This is a fairly old cast compared to most. With these three returning players, there are now seven castaways over the age of 40. The last three seasons of Survivor have only featured four or five castaways over 40.

Which returning castaway are you most excited to see again on Survivor: Philippines?
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-08-23, 13:38

TV Blog

‘Survivor: Philippines’ Pre-Game Interview: Jonathan Penner

by Gordon Holmes | August 23, 2012 at 10:48 AM | Fall TV Preview 2012, Survivor, TV News

Jonathan Penner (CBS)

XfinityTV.com sent me deep into the Philippines wilderness on a mission to bring you all kinds of “Survivor” stuff including behind-the-scenes tidbits, pre-game interviews with the cast, insights from “Survivor” host Jeff Probst and Challenge Producer John Kirhoffer, a look at the first Tribal Council, and much more. I’ll be cranking out this goodness daily, so be sure to follow me on Twitter (@gordonholmes) for up-to-the-minute updates on all of this season’s “Survivor” fun.

Name: Jonathan Penner
Home: Los Angeles, CA
Tribe: Matsing
Previous Season: “Survivor: Cook Islands” and “Survivor: Micronesia – Fans Vs. Favorites”
Previous Results: Jonathan was the 14th person voted out of “Cook Islands” and was evacuated from “Fans vs. Favorites” after contracting a knee infection that had the potential to cost him his leg.

Gordon Holmes: Anyone who goes on “Survivor” assumes they’re going to get voted out, they’re going to lose to the jury, or they’re going home with a million dollars. Nobody ever thinks they’re going to be carted out due to an injury. What does that do to you when the game ends like that?
Jonathan Penner: It was devastatingly painful. I really had the game pretty well in hand. I was going to go deep in the game. And then an accident that was no fault of my own…it was infuriating. But, accidents do happen, it was bad luck on me. The fact that I was able to get out of the game when I did and not lose my leg, which is what they told me I was in danger of doing, it turned out to be good luck. I’m not going to limp for the rest of my life like they told me I might.
Holmes: You had to determine how fond you were of that leg.
Penner: I was very attached to that leg. I’m attached to walking without a limp. I’m attached to my life. And, so all of those things were saved. It was horrible, but at the end of the day it is a game. My safety is much more important. So (expletive deleted), stuff happens.

Holmes: You’re here now and you’re 100% ready to go.
Penner: 110%, man. I’m going to stomp this game.
Holmes: And you’re 50 now?
Penner: 50 years old.
Holmes: And you’re ready to go toe-to-toe with whoever they throw at you?
Penner: Yeah, I’m ready to go toe-to-toe. But you know, I’ll side step. I’m wise enough to know that I can’t go toe-to-toe. They’re going to come straight at me and I can’t win that game, but I can let them go by…”See ya. Run ahead, my friend.” And when you’re running ahead I see a target on your back. I’m happy to go a little slow and play the old man card to whatever degree I can. I’ll save my energy for the challenges.

Holmes: You were name dropped by Cochran in “Survivor: South Pacific.” He said, “All the greats go by their last names.”
Penner: (Laughs) I didn’t know who he was at the time, I’ve subsequently met him. He’s a very nice guy. Very smart guy. Smart enough to drop my name. Was I happy that he dropped my name? Sure. Because that means he respected my game. In the end, we actually wound up in a similar situation where he found himself scrambling. He had no other lifeline and so he flopped and tried to get to the team that would help him go further. That was a great lesson for me to watch in tandem with the mistakes I made the first time I played. And that was, you have to take care of the person on the furthest reach of your alliance. You have to make sure that they are tied in tightly and feel happy and secure. And that’s what I’m going to do.

Holmes: You have a reputation for being a very savvy player. Will that work in your favor? Will it put a target on your back?
Penner: I don’t know how savvy a player I am, man.
Holmes: No, I said you have a reputation for it.
Penner: (Laughs) I appreciate it. My savvy, I’ve never gone that far in the game. But I think I’m not a stupid person so I’m going to try to use whatever smarts I have out there. But I also, you’re right, it’s a double-edged sword. I don’t want to be so smart and play so hard that people say, “Oh my God, he’s a threat!” To me, the thing that I’m going to do differently this time is really play the long game. It’s a 39-day game. I played too hard, too fast and ended up playing a middle game in the beginning and an end game in the middle. I had nowhere else to go.

Holmes: Last time we saw you was in Micronesia. There’ve been quite a few changes since then with Redemption Island, One World, new immunity idol rules. Are you prepared to deal with whatever they throw at you?
Penner: I’ll have to. I hope that I can. I think the idols have gotten incredibly simple to find, it seems. Go to your beach and look under a rock. There will be a funny-looking tree somewhere. That plays to my advantage because they have to put it where anybody could find it. Anybody who gets the clue could get to the idol. So, I’m hoping to get to it first or align with whoever finds it.
Holmes: If there’s a twist to this season, what do you think it’s going to be?
Penner: I have to assume this is going to be about folks who got blown out of the game or med-evaced out of the game getting a second chance. It’s either that or Penner vs. the twenty four most beautiful women from the first twenty four seasons of “Survivor.” I actually like the second version better.Holmes: As would I.
Penner: But I think the first version makes more sense.

Holmes: What’ve you been up to since we last saw you in Micronesia?
Penner: I write. I write and produce, I’ve been making TV shows, I wrote a lot of scripts. I wrote a book right after Micronesia. I’m working on another book now. I’m working on a kids show with my wife. I’m attached to direct a movie. We’re rewriting a movie for her to direct. We’re going to co-direct a movie. But, you know, we’re doing the Hollywood hustle. That and loving my kids.

Holmes: Some people go into the game with some lines in the sand. They won’t lie, they won’t flirt, they won’t whatever. Do you have any boundaries you won’t cross?
Penner: I will lie, I will flirt.
Holmes: With the twenty four most beautiful women in “Survivor” history.
Penner: With whoever is out there. The mistake I’ve made with “Survivor” is forgetting that it’s not my life. I’m actually a pretty honest, straight-forward person and felt that these people would treat me the same way. That’s a mistake. These are not my friends, I do not know these people. I can lie to their face with impunity. I have no intention of hurting them like Russell (Hantz) did. That’s not the point. The point is it’s a game and this is my job for the next 39 days. So yeah, I’m prepared to do almost anything.

Holmes: Any plans for that million-dollar check they’re going to be handing you?
Penner: My kids.
Holmes: Tuition?
Penner: Yeah, my kid wants to be a doctor. He wants to go to medical school.
Holmes: Then you’re going to need every penny of that check.
Penner: I’m going to need all of it. I’d love to give my wife some fantastic present, because she has sacrificed. It’s easy for me. I’m out here having fun. It’s hard, but it is paradise. She’s at home taking care of business. My father is an older gentleman, but I’d love to buy him the car of his dreams. He’s always wanted an Avanti, which is a fabulous American car. My mother, I’d give her something cool. Then tuck some away for a rainy day.

Holmes: This is your third go round on this show. What is it about Jonathan Penner that makes fans want to see him again?
Penner: Dude, I have no idea.
Holmes: OK, I’ll give you my take when you’re done with yours.
Penner: I talk a lot. I’m not stupid. I play hard. I made some big mistakes. I played a swashbuckling game just to stay alive. I never meant to hurt anybody. All I wanted to do was stay alive as long as I could and have as much fun as I could. Maybe that’s what it is. I’m out here trying to experience as much as I can.
Holmes: I think it’s because you give Probst so much (expletive deleted).
Penner: (Laughs)
Holmes: And far be it from me to condone anyone giving Jeff Probst grief. He’s a prince of a guy. But, are we going to see more of that?
Penner: Turn over a new leaf? Not at all. I’ll certainly give him (expletive deleted), but I can’t do it too soon. I can’t seem too familiar. I have to play as new as they are. But if he gives me any (expletive deleted), I’ll give him (expletive deleted). Because he deserves it.
Holmes: I think he appreciates it.
Penner: He does!
Holmes: If you go in there and suck up to him, he doesn’t buy it.
Penner: He’s a real guy’s kind of a guy. I take no guff from him, but I don’t want it to seem like it’s the Penner and Probst Show.

Holmes: This is your third and possibly final rodeo. How do you make this the one people remember you for?
Penner: I’m going to win. It may not be the same kind of TV that it was the first two times. My exit couldn’t have been more dramatic the second time. My gameplay couldn’t have been bigger and more antagonizing the first time. I seemed to polarize everybody. So, it ain’t going to be like that. I’m going to win this time.

Don’t miss the premiere of “Survivor: Philippines” – Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-09-18, 16:39

‘Survivor’ Host Jeff Probst Shares His Pre-Season Picks

by Gordon Holmes | September 18, 2012 at 10:33 AM | Fall TV Preview 2012, Reality, Survivor

Jeff Probst (CBS)

XfinityTV.com sent me deep into the wilderness on a mission to bring you all kinds of “Survivor” stuff including behind-the-scenes tidbits, pre-game interviews with the cast, insights from “Survivor” host Jeff Probst and Challenge Producer John Kirhoffer, a look at the first Tribal Council, and much more. I’ll be cranking out this goodness daily, so be sure to follow me on Twitter (@gordonholmes) for up-to-the-minute updates on all of this season’s “Survivor” fun.

DVR the “Survivor” Premiere

Holmes: Alright, we just got back from the…the launch? That’s not the right term.
Probst: The marooning.
Holmes: That’s it. Who’s your favorite so far?
Probst: I’m a little biased because I like all three of our returning players a lot. Penner’s one of my all-time favorite contestants and he reminded me why in the opening moments. I said you’ve got to be off this boat in ten seconds and in the scramble of him trying to get stuff he said, “Or what happens?” He lips off at every possible opportunity. It’s almost wrestling and he’s a foil. It’s this unscripted relationship we have in that whatever I say to him, he will challenge me. And sometimes I don’t know how to reply. Sometimes he wins, and I love that.
Holmes: How do you keep from pushing him into the water? Professionalism?
Probst: Yes, professionalism. Thank you. I’m really excited to see Skupin back. He’s really the most famous memory of early “Survivor.” The guy who fell in the fire, that’s how people remember him.

Meet the New Castaways:

Holmes: I’ve been nagging you about bringing back Skupin for years. I just want to take this time to say, “Thanks.”
Probst: We’ve tried. We wanted to bring him back so many times and have talked to him so many times that when we finally brought him back he didn’t believe us. I’m surprised he came on a plane to come out here. But he’s old school “Survivor,” I’m really curious to see if Skupin will be able to keep up with the game the way it is now. If he sits around and waits for a week to make an alliance, he’ll probably be in trouble. And then Russell Swan, it’s great to see him back because that was, no lie, no hype, that was the most afraid I have ever been. I seriously thought he was dying.
Holmes: Absolutely. I was watching it on TV and I knew he was fine and I’d be speaking to him the next day, and I was still pretty freaked out. I can’t imagine what it must’ve been like to see that live.
Probst: He was so pissed at us. He was so frustrated that we pulled him from the game, for months. I finally called. I said, “How are you?” He said, “I’m not happy with you guys, you pulled me out. You took away my shot at a million dollars.” I said, “Russell, you have no idea what happened. Your heart rate dropped like 30 beats in like half a second.” He really wasn’t having it. So, after the episode I called him and he was crying. He said, “I’m here with my wife. I have no recollections of that happening. And my wife just went through this near-death experience with me on the couch and I get it.”
Holmes: I talked to him yesterday. He said if anything happens to him his wife is going to kick your ass.
Probst: (Laughs) My ass!
Holmes: She’s holding you responsible.
Probst: (Laughs) Oh wow!
Holmes: That’s a lot on your shoulders.
Probst: I have no fault in this at all. I have no fault insurance.

Holmes: Which of the new players are in trouble?
Probst: Angie is going to fall into the unfortunate, young, attractive blonde who has no business being out here and has no idea that she shouldn’t be out here. Clueless. Beautiful tan though.
Holmes: Lovely young woman.
Probst: During the marooning I asked, “Who out here seems the most out of their element.” And, one girl turned around and said, “The blonde girl.”
Holmes: I believe that was Katie, Miss Delaware.
Probst: Yeah, Miss Delaware. Who else is in trouble? Dawson. Where the (expletive deleted) she came up with the name Dawson I have no idea.
Holmes: It’s her last name.
Probst: Oh…there you go.
Holmes: It’s better than G.C., I’ll give her that.
Probst: Who’s G.C.?
Holmes: G-Cizzle from “Survivor: Gabon”?
Probst: Oh my God…G.C… Dawson could last because she’s on a really good tribe. But if her tribe has to get rid of someone…she’s a nutcase and I don’t think Penner will have any time for it.

Holmes: Who are your favorites thus far?
Probst: I like Abi-Maria a lot. I hope she lasts. She could be a great winner, she could win.
Holmes: I think she could be in trouble.
Probst: Oh yeah?
Holmes: When they were paddling away she was just sitting in the middle holding stuff down and barking orders.
Probst: Oh really? She does have that little…Brazilian flame. And she’s probably used to getting things her way. But, I really like her. I think she’s charming and funny. And she brings a point of view that I don’t think we’ve had from a woman. I also like Zane. On paper he seems like he should be a total fish out of water here.
Holmes: I like him a lot.
Probst: Yeah?
Holmes: Absolutely.
Probst: But his personality is so engaging and he’s so funny and it’s so hard to understand him that I think he’ll be a very memorable character. I also like Malcolm a lot. He’s sort of the “Survivor” prototype Ozzy (Lusth) kind of guy. If he gets off to a good start he could really last for a while.

Holmes: How do you feel about Lisa?
Probst: Lisa is one of the people this season that I genuinely hope gets the full experience. I know she wants it, she’s so enthusiastic. She has a great attitude. But, she’s fighting one big obstacle in this game in that if you’re over 40, you’re like a fossil. And so, her biggest challenge is going to be, how do I prove to them that I’m worth keeping around?
Holmes: Especially in three tribes of six people, it seems like there’s much less wiggle room. Also, it seems like challenge strength is going to be a huge asset early on.
Probst: Yeah. But Lisa’s enthusiasm is contagious. I love it. I loved it the minute I met her. I’m so glad she’s out here and I really hope she lasts. Pete, I’m not sure about. He’s a little bit of a lost puppy. And, I think he knows it. He doesn’t want anyone else to know it. So, I don’t look for him to be a strong player and win. But, his bulk might keep him around. RC is a big question mark for me. I root for her. She’s the kind of woman I would align with. I’m not sure that’s going to be the case with anybody else.

Holmes: Who has villain potential?
Probst: Good question. Jeff Kent could be a villain. I like Jeff because he’s a no (expletive deleted) kind of guy. But he could rub people the wrong way. This is a dude who played in the Major Leagues for two decades. He’s used to playing at a certain level and if you can’t keep up, I imagine he’ll be the guy saying, “You know what, I’m going to cut you lose.”
Holmes: Jeff came really close to guessing the twist.
Probst: Did he? So did Carter. Carter is another guy I love.
Holmes: Really? Great kid, but he seemed kind of low-key to me.
Probst: Love him. He’s super smart. He looks and sounds like Jeff Spicoli, but in my interactions with him he plays at a much different level.

Holmes: This isn’t my first rodeo being out with you guys. But, this is the first location where I look around and everything screams “Survivor.” The water is beautiful, there are jungles to run through, and a million tiny islands.
Probst: You came in the period of time that we were inland so much. “Survivor” in the Philippines is really back to the roots of the show, which is being abandoned in the middle of the ocean. You’re going to have a lot of water challenges. People fishing, hopefully finding clams. This is where we like to be, it’s just, you can’t always find water in places that don’t have political unrest, or places you can afford with the shrinking dollar. So, the Philippines has been a very welcoming spot for us both financially and crew-wise. The area we’re in here, we’ve got somebody from every family working here and most of the entire community. And they couldn’t be nicer, they couldn’t have a better work ethic. If we could take them with us and have them be our crew everywhere, we probably would. They’re that good.

Holmes: Remember that show “Temptation Island”?
Probst: Yeah. I do.
Holmes: I remember when I first started watching that show, I was in a very good place with my then-girlfriend.
Probst: (Laughs) OK.
Holmes: I’m watching this show, just having a good old time laughing at these crazy people. Then, in no way related to the show, things start to turn bad in my relationship. I start watching the show differently. They’re all jerks, why can’t they just be happy? The point is; the show didn’t change. I changed. You’ve been doing this for twelve years?
Probst: Thirteen.
Holmes: As your life has changed, you’re happily married, you’ve won Emmys, has your attitude toward “Survivor” changed at all?
Probst: Probably. I never thought about it. I guess it would have to. Yeah, because I’m pretty much myself out here, so when I’m asking questions they’re skewed from my viewpoint of human behavior. I think, despite what a lot of people who watch this show would say, I think I pick on people a lot less. I look for opportunities, but I feel like if you’re clever you’ll get out of it, if you’re not, you’ll sink. That’s your problem, not mine. I think that’s changed over the years. I think earlier on I was looking to make moments happen. I think that’s maybe because I was trying to prove myself and now I don’t feel like I have to prove myself as much so I’m more relaxed and ready to see what happens. And, I ask way less questions at Tribal Council than I did in the beginning. Now I’ll just stare you down. And I’m pretty sure I’ll win, and usually I do.
Holmes: That’s a trick of the trade, if you could go back and talk to Jeff in Borneo…
Probst: Well, I didn’t have any respect in Borneo, and rightly so. I had no (expletive deleted) clue of what I was doing. We were making the show up at lunch. OK, what if we give them a reward of…we have spaghetti here, what if we give them spaghetti. Richard Hatch was making the show up with us as much as we were making it up with him.
Holmes: Where’s his producer’s credit?
Probst: (Laughs) Good point. I still remember Richard Hatch in the middle of a challenge that he was sitting out basically telling me about an alliance with Sue (Hawk). I said, “Richard, I don’t want to know about this.” There was this idea that I shouldn’t know anything at all. And he looked at me and said, “I’m in an alliance with her and we’re going to stick together and always vote the same way.” It was mind-blowing. Oh my God! Two people are going to vote as one. We never had any idea there was going to be an alliance.

Don’t miss the premiere of “Survivor: Philippines” – Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down