The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 2014

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Big Brother 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Brother 2014

Post  Banjo 2014-06-23, 16:39

Will it be this complicated ? Hard to say but we won't have long to find out. But if it is then only Powerful and Influential Members of the Viewer Class, such as myself, will be able to guide the 'low information-mass market viewers' through the maze. I pledge to not let you down !  :flag: :flag: bravo 

Double Trouble On Big Brother 16: Two Heads of Household Twist Examined – Update
By: Matthew Boyer | June 22, 2014 at 1:00 PM EDT

One of the many “Twisted” twists set to hit the Big Brother 16 house this summer will include a double dose of the HoH and its nominations. Instead of just one pair of nominated HGs this season there’s set to be up to four players on the chopping block.
Big Brother 16 Nomination Chairs

Big Brother 16 Nomination Chairs – Source: CBS

In her surprise reveal of a slew of twists last week Julie Chen revealed details on how the title of HoH would be shared along with all its spoils and pitfalls. “Each HOH will have the responsibility of nominating two fellow Houseguests for eviction every week; however, for the first time on the series, earning HOH will not guarantee one’s safety in the game for the week,” CBS explained in a follow-up release.

So how could this all play out on BB16? There’s been plenty of speculation which is all we can really do at this point, but during Ian Terry’s “Winners Tell All” chat session he offered a reasonable theory.

Ian suggested that while the week may begin with two HoHs and four nominations, by the time we get to the live eviction there will likely be just two nominees. An idea supported by the house design which offers up just two orange nomination chairs as compared to last year’s couch intended to give more space for more nominees. If there’d be four noms at the end of the week then they’d have worked in space to accommodate four seats instead of two chairs.

That leaves of the question of how we get from four nominations down to two. Enter the new competition, “Battle of the Block.” Look for this to be the decider on who maintains power and who stays up on the block, but it’s not as simple as a VS event here.

Let’s put together “Team A” with HoH #1 with his/her Noms #1 & #2 while over on “Team B” there’s HoH #2 and his/her Noms #3 & #4. The nominations on Team A will want to win the comp and escape the chopping block, but if their respective HoH is also winning then wouldn’t he/she retain HoH power and his/her nominations?

Seems there’d need to be some sort of crossover with HoH #1 joining forces with Noms #3 & #4 against the other “side.” Only then would their interests be shared. Why? Because the losing HoH will fall back in to the mix of potential Veto renoms unless he/she wins that Veto comp (or even competes in it). That would explain Julie’s details that for the first time winning HoH wouldn’t guarantee your safety through the week.

Unless there’s a separate pair of competitions for this “Battle of the Block” with HoH vs HoH and Noms vs Noms then it’s going to be a big group effort of six players, much like we see with the Veto each week. It also means it’ll be a team effort because what if, say, it’s an individal comp and Nom #3 wins. How would the remaining HoH be decided? Of course BB14 offered up a small set of players in a comp with the Coach Challenges, but I don’t see Big Brother doing a one on one comp.

Good grief. Is this all complicated enough for you? I hope so! Of course this is all speculation for how things will play out, but I think the ideas are pretty solid and wouldn’t surprise anyone to see it work out this way.

What do you think of the “double trouble” twist for Big Brother 16? Good fun or just too messy? Do you think it’ll all work out differently from what I’ve proposed? Share your thoughts below in the Comments section!

Update: According to an interview with exec producer Allison Grodner by THR, the two Heads of Household will be “ultimately going head to head in this competition with Battle of the Block.” So it does seem they’ll be actively competing in that comp rather than indirectly via their nominees. Interesting. How does this new information impact your expectations on the twist?

CBS Interactive Inc.
Spoilers: Big Brother 16 Move-In Will Be Divided Groups
By: Matthew Boyer | June 23, 2014 at 12:00 PM EDT

While we’ve discussed plenty of Big Brother 16 speculation of a teams arrangement we can now confirm that yes, it appears as though the Two Night Move-In Big Brother premiere will feature HGs entering in two groups of eight each night over the Wednesday and Thursday episodes.
Big Brother 16 Groups of 8 Move-In

Big Brother 16 Groups of 8 Move-In – Source: @mgeater06

Thanks to the quick eyes of reader @mgeater06, we can see the details from the upcoming schedule which describes Thursday night’s episode, the second half of the premiere:

“The second group of eight participants is introduced and as all houseguests settle into the home where they will be competing Julie Chen reveals details about two new twists…”

We’ve also seen in the general descriptions online that Wednesday night’s episode will include the first Head of Household competition. So it does appear there will be predetermined halves to the house with teams of eight set up and ready from the very start.

Note: I’m using “teams” and “groups” interchangeably here. We don’t know if they’ll play as teams going forward after move-in, but they will be competing along split divisions for at least the start.

Team A will enter on Wednesday and compete for Head of Household. Then on Thursday night Team B will repeat the process. That’s how we’ll end up with first set of Double HoHs.

As for if Team A’s HoH will nominate from its own team or the other side is yet to be seen, but this is a definite change up for a game play we’ve come to know. Will the uninitiated HGs have an advantage here over the super fans who are expecting and preparing for one thing but will be confronted with something completely else? Discuss!
Banjo
Banjo

Big Brother 2014 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Big Brother 2014 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-06-23, 16:55

Interesting predictions, but I'll have to see them performing on screen before I would agree, or not.

'Big Brother 16' Predictions: Who Will Win and More
Monday, June 23, 2014

John Kubicek
Senior Writer, BuddyTV

Big Brother 16 is almost here with 16 new HGs and a bunch of new twists. But it's never too early to make predictions. Who will win, who will go out right away, who will get involved in a showmance and what will be the big new alliances?

Big Brother 16 Twist: What is Team America?>>

Keep in mind that last year I was totally wrong. In my pre-season predictions for Big Brother 15 I thought Jeremy would win. Individually, I was sort of right about the girls, writing that Jessie would be a "useless floater," GM would "rub people the wrong way" and Aaryn would "annoy me." For the guys, however, I thought Jeremy would "fly under the radar" and Spencer was "a sweeter, gentler Lane." I could not have been more wrong.

Video: Meet the Men>>
Video: Meet the Women>>

Still, it's fun to look at the Big Brother 16 newbies and try to predict what will happen. So here are my bold, fearless, probably wrong predictions for this year.

Who Will Win?

Historically, older people and minorities never win, so we can instantly eliminate Frankie, Derrick, Brittany, Jocasta, Devin and Donny. Zach seems too intense, Amber seems too clueless, Victoria seems too naïve, Hayden seems too dumb and Joey and Paola appear a little too threatening to men.

Who Are the HG's Favorite Players?>>

Just like that, I've narrowed the potential winners down to four. Christine and Nicole are both young and very knowledgeable about the game, which helps a lot (the last two winners, Ian and Andy, were super fans). Both are like a combo of Jordan Lloyd and Ian Terry. Meanwhile, Caleb and Cody seem sweet and non-threatening, which could make them Hayden Moss-style winners.

Big Brother 16 House Photos>>

After two seasons of male winners, I'm leaning towards a female to take the title this year. My early money is going to be on Christine. I like her a lot from her video, she's a student of the game and she knows sign language, which is probably going to help somehow with memory competitions.

Who Will Be in a Showmance?

The showmance pickings seem kind of slim this season, but that shouldn't stop love from blossoming between the good-looking young people. Southerners Amber and Caleb seem like the most obvious fit.

But I'm going to predict that the true, romantic showmance of season 16 will come from 21-year-old Michigan nursing student Nicole and 23-year-old Jersey salesman (and underwear model) Cody. I could very easily see them as the new Daniele and Dominic, a couple with a sweet guy and a wildly smart girl. Of course, if Nicole is too smart for that, Israeli photographer Victoria could also be a good match for Cody in a more Jeremy/Kaitlin kind of way.

Who Will Be Evicted First?

I've already pegged surfer dude Hayden as an obvious first target. Dumb California guys tend to go quickly in recent years (see season 11's Braden and season 15's David). But I could also see a bland pretty girl going first (season 14's Kara or season 12's Annie). In that instance, Brittany, Victoria or Amber could very easily be on the chopping block.

What Girl Alliance Will Form?

Based on the interviews, I can see two alliances forming quickly. Most of the ladies want an all-girl alliance, something that always fails. Still I see them trying. Paola and Joey appear to be the most gung-ho about it, but I suspect their relative inexperience and lack of knowledge of Big Brother will be a hindrance to recruiting girls like Nicole, Christine and Jocasta. That leaves Brittany, Victoria and Amber, who will be deadweight for any alliance (like Jessie last year, no one will want them except for numbers). Odds are, if Paola and Joey do form a team, they'll also add Frankie, whose pink hair would be an ideal match for Joey's blue.

However, that alliance will fail quickly, probably because they form an isolated, cocky clique similar to GinaMarie, Aaryn and Kaitlin from last year that alienates the others. The best possible outcome for that trio is to enlist tattooed barista Christine for an "Off-Beat" clique or, more accurately, a Lady Brigade with Christine as the Matt Hoffman. Heck, Paola's nickname, "Pow-Pow," already makes her sound like the new Enzo "Meow-Meow" Palumbo.

What Guy Alliance Will Form?

As for the other side, dude alliances always happen. And this year, I'm sure Zach, like Nick Uhas, will try to start some Moving Company-style quintet with Cody, Caleb, Devin and Derrick. It matches up quite well (Devin and Derrick are Howard and Spencer). It would also be eerily similar to last season with the three guys left out of the alliance. Frankie, Donny and Hayden are basically the same as Andy, Judd and David from season 15.

Like the Moving Company, however, it will fall apart quickly thanks to Zach's overzealousness and the fact that the ladies will target him almost immediately as the big schemer of season 16.

Who Will Win Fan Favorite?

Frankie. This isn't even up for debate. Like Elissa last season with the Brenchel Army, Frankie enters the house with a pre-existing fanbase, not just from his YouTube channel, but from his sister, Ariana Grande, and her 16 million Twitter followers. It's not fair, but he's bound to win any and all advantages in which the public gets to vote on something.

What do you think will happen on Big Brother 16? Will Christine win and Hayden be the first to get evicted? Who will Cody hook up with? And do you agree with my theoretical alliances of a Lady Brigade and the Moving Company 2.0?

Big Brother 16 premieres with a two-night Move-In event on Wednesday, June 25 at 8pm and Thursday, June 26 at 9pm on CBS.
Banjo
Banjo

Big Brother 2014 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Big Brother 2014 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-06-24, 14:28

One more day to go !  woohoo boing I will be starting a new thread to track the day to day happenings. Social tensions sweep the nation !  clap 

x
Big Brother 16 no-reply@bigbrothernetwork.com via google.com

1:05 PM (16 minutes ago)

to me
Big Brother Network: "Live Feeds Bonus: Feedsters-Only Voting To Impact Big Brother 16" and 4 more
Link to Big Brother 16

Big Brother 16 ‘Twist After Twist’ Round-Up
Allison Grodner Suggests Big Brother All-Stars 2 Isn’t Far Off
Media Day Reveals Closer Look At Big Brother 16 House [Pics & Video]

Live Feeds Bonus: Feedsters-Only Voting To Impact Big Brother 16

Posted: 24 Jun 2014 11:40 AM PDT

A new added bonus this season for Big Brother Live Feeds subscribers will allow online viewers to impact the BB16 game with their votes. But unlike past online votes, this series will be available only for those who are signed up to watch the uncensored Feeds.
Exclusive Subscriber Votes

Exclusive Feedsters-Only Votes for Big Brother 16 – Source: CBS

We’ve heard details on the public-wide “Team America” but this new voting system promises to be a lot more interesting. The issue with fully open votes for a show like Big Brother is you have episode-only fans who don’t get the full picture or even an incomplete and sometimes misleading one. Meanwhile online fans, whether they subscribe to Feeds or not, tend to be a lot more informed of the real game going on. You smart people, you!

While it’s unclear whether the Feedsters-only voting will have dramatically game impacting abilities, it’ll still be a nice change of pace from what we’ve seen in the past. And honestly, it’s unlikely to be a major factor in the game like a new Coup d’Etat power. The example given by CBS in their Live Feeds promotion video asked which HG should have to do everyone’s laundry. Okay, so not critical, but for those of us watching them day in and day out something like that could be a lot of fun.

I’m looking forward to giving the new Feeds-only vote a try and seeing what we get to do with the game this year. If you’re interesting in joining in on the fun then make sure you’re sign-ed up and ready to go. The new season premieres this Wednesday and with it comes the end of the Early Bird sale price for your Season Pass. $23.99 nets you a full season’s access to round the clock Feed content, chat rooms, and the all-new voting system. Enjoy!

Big Brother Live Feeds - Get Started!

New & Improved Big Brother 16 Cast Interviews – Audio Corrected

Posted: 24 Jun 2014 10:00 AM PDT

My Big Brother 16 cast interviews had some audio difficulties when originally uploaded late last week, but thankfully I’ve been able to rework them & now have new versions with much improved sound.
Big Brother 16 cast interviews

Big Brother 16 cast interviews – Credit: BigBrotherNetwork.com

If you had trouble hearing some of my interviews, especially the soft spoken Amber video, then these new versions should correct that issue. Turns out the cause was rooted in a sound scrubber I used in the video editing software. From the myriad options available I had selected “Noise Reducer” instead of “Noise Fader” to cut back on the background static. Apparently it caused a drastic change and one I didn’t catch in the mad rush to get these done before the deadline.

Now I’ve got the all new and much louder versions available for you on YouTube where you’re welcome to share and embed away to your heart’s content. The old versions will still be available if you’ve already placed the originals on your own fan site or shared them elsewhere with friends. I’ll have a link on each of those pointing to the better editions.

Again my apologies for the audio errors. Nothing more frustrating than exerting that energy, time, and cost to produce a sub-standard product for you. It definitely won’t happen again next year!

Of course this also means you’ll need to share all new comments on the new YouTube listings and help run up the viewings on your favorite Houseguests!

Big Brother 16 cast interviews – Version 2.0: [YouTube Playlist Link]

Amber Borzotra:

Brittany Martinez:

Caleb Reynolds:

Christine Brecht:

Cody Calafiore:

Derrick Levasseur:

Devin Shepherd:

Donny Thompson:

Frankie Grande:

Hayden Voss:

Jocasta Odom:

Joey Van Pelt:

Nicole Franzel:

Paola Shea:

Victoria Rafaeli:

Zach Rance:

Big Brother 16 ‘Twist After Twist’ Round-Up

Posted: 24 Jun 2014 08:00 AM PDT

The Big Brother 16 twists are starting to pile up and we’ve even dug up a few spoilers to get the season started. So while we wait for Wednesday night’s season premiere, let’s get caught up on what we know so far and can expect this week.
Twist After Twisted Twist on Big Brother 16

Twist After Twisted Twist on Big Brother 16 – Source: CBS

Last week Big Brother host Julie Chen revealed a series of twists awaiting the unsuspecting cast of Big Brother 16. Here’s what they’ll discover when they move in on Wednesday night. At least the first group. Oh yeah, they’re doing groups for a divided move-in start to the season.

Big Brother 16 Twists:

Two Heads of Household – Not one, but two HoHs every week. That also means we’ll see double the nominees with four HGs on the chopping block.
HoH doesn’t mean safety – You might win HoH, but you aren’t safe yet. One of those two HoHs will still be at risk by the end of the week.
Battle of the Block – To figure out which noms & HoH remain there’s a new competition called ‘The Battle of the Block.’ Grodner states we’ll see these on Sunday episodes.
Group Move-In – Two night premiere will split up the 16 HGs in to two groups. We don’t know if they’ll play as teams, but it looks like they’ll compete in separate HoH comps.
Team America – Viewers will vote to influence the game, but what sort of impact we’ll have control over is yet to be seen. Here’s where we wonder about Frankie’s advantage.
Feedsters-Only Vote – Live Feed subscribers will get their own set of voting exclusively available to these fans. Still more voting that we don’t know much about.

Episode descriptions for the upcoming premiere shows indicate the Big Brother HGs will learn about two of the twists, but we’ll have to see which ones it’ll be and when they learn of the rest.

So far it looks like Big Brother 16 will live up to its promise of being the “most twisted season ever!” Are you ready?

Allison Grodner Suggests Big Brother All-Stars 2 Isn’t Far Off

Posted: 24 Jun 2014 06:00 AM PDT

After much speculation that this year would be a return of former HGs for a Big Brother All-Stars 2 it turned out to be a good ol’ cast of all newbies. So when could we see another All-Stars? Not too much longer, says executive producer Allison Grodner.
Big Brother Executive Producers Allison Grodner & Rich Meehan

Big Brother Executive Producers Allison Grodner & Rich Meehan – Source: CBS

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, a site notorious for their inability to read a clock when it comes to releasing casting details at the right time, Grodner discussed the temptation of bringing back retreads:

As you’ve seen in recent past seasons, we’ve brought back several all-star players. It just depends on what we’re looking to do each season.

We’re in season 16 — our last full all-star [season] was seven, so I’m sure there’s one in the near future. [Right now] we’re building up more all-stars.

It’s an argument I’ve made before and it still stands: they’ve drained the All-Stars pond with too many trips to get a drink. A few retreads that season, a few in that one over there, a couple more pairs here, and suddenly you’ve used up all your best options. They need to stop bringing back HGs for awhile, restock their arsenal, and then come at us with some great players that we haven’t already seen three times in the past five years.

But it is good to know they’re thinking long term on this. The original Big Brother All-Stars (BB7) was so good there’s a high bar set for it. They can’t be messing around and half-ass it. I feel better knowing it won’t be rushed. Well, at least they don’t currently intend to.

So yes, another Big Brother All-Stars is ahead of us, but I think we’ve got some time.

Source: THR

Media Day Reveals Closer Look At Big Brother 16 House [Pics & Video]

Posted: 23 Jun 2014 01:00 PM PDT

The always fun Media Day coverage for Big Brother 16 has now been released and with it comes our first look at the BB16 backyard, Diary Room, and new dual screen Memory Wall in action.
Big Brother 16 Media Day

Big Brother 16 Media Day – Source: CBS

The press is back this season with representatives from People magazine, ET, CBS affiliates, and yep, even Xfinity. Yeah, I don’t know on that last one, but they’ve got someone each year recently. The day is a big test run for production as well as a chance for them to get big outlets excited for the premiere (and then they promptly disappear again until the end of the season).

This season Rachel Reilly was back but this time she wasn’t the only Big Brother alumni to do so. She was joined by appearances by Mike Boogie and Jessie Godderz because no season is complete without Jessie.

In the footage shared by CBS through People mag’s Patrick Gomez we get to see the short-term players/Houseguests enter the house, do their champagne cheer, and then get right to the action. Boogie is there to host the HoH competition which is a “majority rules” style game. You won’t see this one show up in the real game anymore because of how easily an alliance can plan to all answer “A” no matter the question.

We get to see the new Memory Wall in action. Then after the Nomination Ceremony, where they use the same key block as we’ve seen in recent seasons, HGs were greeted by Jessie who hosts the Veto competition. It’s the “build a Veto” comp we saw with HGs going “back in time”, but it still looks like fun.

When the HGs go inside the Diary Room to vote we get a look at the new DR. Bright green in a nature-ish style fitting of this season’s “treehouse” theme. What do you think of the new look? Seems like we’ve had blue in there for so long that it’s nice for a change.

Watch the full thirty-minute video below and check out the picture gallery to see what all went down. Notice the beautiful and clear images? That’s because the house is in High Definition this year! Finally! The Live Feeds are going to look gorgeous this season. Can’t wait to see it all in just a few more days. Big Brother 16 premieres on CBS this Wednesday at 8PM ET/PT.
Big Brother 16 Media Day Video:

Big Brother 16 Media Day Photo Gallery:

click images to see full-size

Big Brother 16 Media Day - HGs move in Big Brother 16 Media Day - HGs celebrate Big Brother 16 Media Day - HGs make an alliance Big Brother 16 Media Day - HoH competition Big Brother 16 Media Day - Boogie hosts HoH comp Big Brother 16 Media Day - Nominations today Big Brother 16 Media Day - Memory wall in action Big Brother 16 Media Day - Nomination ceremony Big Brother 16 Media Day - HGs draw keys Big Brother 16 Media Day - Of course Jesse is there Big Brother 16 Media Day - Veto competition Big Brother 16 Media Day - Build a Veto Big Brother 16 Media Day - Rachel in new Diary Room Big Brother 16 Media Day - Eviction ceremony Big Brother 16 Media Day - You have been evicted

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2