The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Z Nation

2 posters

Go down

Z Nation Empty Z Nation

Post  Banjo 2014-09-08, 13:40

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

While TWD fans might tune in to watch, at least once, we know that they will really have to go some to come close to TWD.
Banjo
Banjo

Z Nation Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Z Nation Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Z Nation Empty Re: Z Nation

Post  Rus 2014-09-09, 21:01

I'm sure Z-Nation will not be as well written as the Walking Dead. I doubt the costuming will be as good either. But hopefully they will still make a decent series. I'm skeptical.
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-09-15, 12:10

The first thing we notice is that their budget, at least for sets and special effects, is not as big as TWD.
Then after hyping Harold Perrineau's casting in the trailers, they kill him off in the first ep ! Is that bait and switch ? scratch The rest of the cast are relative unknowns and the woman is annoying with her constant surprised expression and fumbling incompetence in learning to use weapons. Hey ! It's the zombie apocalypse baby ! Measure up or die young ! That handle with the multiple spikes on the end is just plain silly and wouldn't be very effective in the long run in spite of him managing to bop a few Zs with it. Is that an attempt to rival Daryl's crossbow on TWD ? If so, it's lame.

And there is another similarity with TWD. On Z they are trying to get the guy with the Z antidote in his blood to CA where he will somehow become the source for a mass production of the antidote.

On TWD they are trying to get the guy to D.C. because he has the solution to the Walkers but we don't know what that is, but it involves his knowledge not his blood. scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2014-09-16, 13:42

My expectations were low. It seemed pretty weak on all fronts. As I suspected, TWD has nothing to worry about from this level of competition. The number of ammo wasted on a bouncing baby zombie with no teeth was stupid. They need to step up the writing, the acting and pretty much everything else.
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-09-16, 14:16

True on all counts Rus. Zombie shows/movies have come and gone over the years and were never critiqued very much just because of the "unserious" nature of the genre, probably. The Night of the Living Dead series....I think there were a couple.....was probably the bench mark until TWD came along and then it became obvious that the genre rose above its "history" to such a degree that all subsequent efforts are going to have a very steep hill to climb. two thumbs up
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-09-20, 19:43

I couldn't sit through the latest ep. Too formulaic, characters hard to relate to, and that doofus in the Arctic station is just plain annoying and doesn't add a thing..... tongue
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down